----------------------------------- RoboTrap Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:33 am Coming soon - Movies you look forward to ----------------------------------- '09 looks to be racking up a lot of brownie points with me when it comes to movies. I've got Star Trek, Watchmen (legal troubles pending), The Wolfman, Avatar, Inglourious Basterds, The Dark Knight re-release, Friday The 13th, T4, Wolverine, Toy Story re-release (in 3D!), and, of course, Transformers 2. I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely loved Crank. It knew exactly what it was and reveled in its glorious insanity. It was what Shoot 'Em Up wanted to be. A sequel was announced a while back, but then nothing for the longest time. But now we've got a Red Band trailer (a Rated R trailer, for those not in the know/up to date/on the DL/kosher with the peeps) and it looks like anyone who liked the first is going to enjoy the second one a helluva lot. Crank 2: High Voltage Red Band Promo Trailer Not for the kiddies! April 17th, I'm gonna be in line for this fucker. ----------------------------------- Robo79 Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:50 am Re: Crank 2: High Voltage ----------------------------------- I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely loved Crank. It knew exactly what it was and reveled in its glorious insanity. It was what Shoot 'Em Up wanted to be. A sequel was announced a while back, but then nothing for the longest time. But now we've got a Red Band trailer (a Rated R trailer, for those not in the know/up to date/on the DL/kosher with the peeps) and it looks like anyone who liked the first is going to enjoy the second one a helluva lot. Crank 2: High Voltage Red Band Promo Trailer Don't forget Punisher : War Zone in the UK, either. I am seriously considering watching Gran Torino, as well. Looks like it might be Clint Eastwood's last ever acting gig. http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/12/23/alg_hamill-eastwood.jpg ----------------------------------- RoboTrap Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:53 am ----------------------------------- Punisher: War Zone did very badly here, and I haven't heard great things at all. Gran Torino interests me, but I've heard that the cast is pretty subpar aside from The Man With No Name... ----------------------------------- Archive Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:01 am ----------------------------------- RoboTrap20xx, I took the opportunity and edited this topics title and made it the coming soon topic. Hope that was ok! :) I think t's gonna be hard beating 08 as a movie year. It really did have an awesome amount of big movies titles. Indy4 and Dark Knight were HUGE! 2009 is looking good but so far the only titles that i see as a MUST are Wolverine and T4. Never really cared about Transformers. ----------------------------------- RoboTrap Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:05 am ----------------------------------- No problemo, Archive! Star Trek, Watchmen and Avatar (alongside Crank 2) are my must-see flicks. I've been waiting years for Watchmen and Avatar, and there's no way Star Trek could be worse than Voyager/Enterprise/Star Trek X. ----------------------------------- Kevlar Antelope Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:45 am ----------------------------------- Only movie I can think of that is for sure coming out this year is the new Terminator: Salvation.... ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:06 am ----------------------------------- Mainly Inglorious Bastards and the remake of Hellraiser, but also Star Trek nervoulsy and I'll probably find my way to Gran Tornino Watchmen, Transformers 2 and Gi Joe as well. There aren't any 3D theaters around me but I'd go see Toy Story and the remake of My Bloody Valentine there. Hopefully it's better then 2008, which was pretty dry after a solid 2007. ----------------------------------- supes2705 Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:17 am ----------------------------------- Halloween 2, Friday the 13th =D ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:09 pm ----------------------------------- Punisher Warzone was awesome take it from a Punisher fan.It was what it shoulda always have been brutal dark and dreerie now thats not a popular choice with most movie go'ers but I have to give credit to Lexi Alexander for keeping Frank,Frank!.Yeah theres some pretty bad acting from Jigsaw and loony bin jim but once you get past that and get into Ray Stevesons portrayal of the Baddest Bad Ass ever you'll dig it!. ----------------------------------- Young_Jedi Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:56 pm ----------------------------------- You guys haven't seen Gran Torino yet?! Do it!! If you know what's "Rocky Balboa" for the Rocky series, well, Gran Torino is the same for the Dirty Harry series, only that the craracter is not called Harry Calahan... but acts like him :) I absolutely love this movie! - http://nsg1138.blogspot.com/2008/12/movies-18.html I wanna get the soundtrack as soon as they release it, the final song is just great. And now some more stuff I cant wait to see: 9 - http://nsg1138.blogspot.com/2008/12/9-short-and-trailer.html FANBOYS - http://nsg1138.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-fanboys-trailer.html OUTLANDER looks like a good waste of time - http://nsg1138.blogspot.com/2008/12/outlander-2009-hd-trailer-2.html GODS OF THE GREEN PLANET - http://nsg1138.blogspot.com/2008/12/gods-of-green-planet-pilot-2009.html The new WITCH MOUNTAIN - http://nsg1138.blogspot.com/2008/11/witch-mountain-series.html CORALINE- http://nsg1138.blogspot.com/2008/11/animation-22-coraline.html And who wants to see my ULTIMATE TITLE - http://nsg1138.blogspot.com/2008/12/title.html :lol: :lol: :lol: ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:44 am ----------------------------------- You guys haven't seen Gran Torino yet?! Do it!! I would like to, but it, um, hasn't come out yet... ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:31 am ----------------------------------- I agree about Gran Torino, it looks pretty good. They should have just made it a Dirty Harry movie, because it looks and sounds like one anyway, and it would follow with the recent line-of-thought of pumping up older franchises. Bah.. :b I'm not really following other upcoming movies much these days, so I don't know what I'd be interested in this year. The Watchman looks pretty cool, don't give a sheep's ass about T4 though. Though a couple of 'em have caught my eye, the other ones I'm not all charged up about either way. ----------------------------------- Sean_001 Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:11 am ----------------------------------- Only movie I can think of that is for sure coming out this year is the new Terminator: Salvation.... Damn Straight. Did you see the new trailer? VVVVV---Don't worry. It's Safe. Ol' Sean Doesn't Rick-Roll people. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdvaP9oNe2M ----------------------------------- Burnout Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:36 pm ----------------------------------- Lots of films I want to see, but this lil feature makes me dam EXCITED! Maybe it will have the same effect on you...... UNDERWORLD film coming on January 23rd?? ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:00 am ----------------------------------- Not much. I think it's just T4 and the new Transformers. And let's hope the new Friday will be good. And... TINTIN (2010) - http://nsg1138.blogspot.com/2009/01/comics-5.html ----------------------------------- Robo79 Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:14 am ----------------------------------- Punisher Warzone was awesome take it from a Punisher fan.It was what it shoulda always have been brutal dark and dreerie now thats not a popular choice with most movie go'ers but I have to give credit to Lexi Alexander for keeping Frank,Frank!.Yeah theres some pretty bad acting from Jigsaw and loony bin jim but once you get past that and get into Ray Stevesons portrayal of the Baddest Bad Ass ever you'll dig it!. Thanks for the info, vegasrobo. Punisher's coming out on 9th February in the UK. I've read many comments on imdb which say that it's nothing more than a fun, ultra-violent retro-action movie which continues where last year's Rambo left off. Stevenson looks every bit the killer Frank Castle should anyway. This will surely be a more bad-assed flick than The Dark Knight. ----------------------------------- supes2705 Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:56 am ----------------------------------- Punisher Warzone was awesome take it from a Punisher fan.It was what it shoulda always have been brutal dark and dreerie now thats not a popular choice with most movie go'ers but I have to give credit to Lexi Alexander for keeping Frank,Frank!.Yeah theres some pretty bad acting from Jigsaw and loony bin jim but once you get past that and get into Ray Stevesons portrayal of the Baddest Bad Ass ever you'll dig it!. Thanks for the info, vegasrobo. Punisher's coming out on 9th February in the UK. I've read many comments on imdb which say that it's nothing more than a fun, ultra-violent retro-action movie which continues where last year's Rambo left off. Stevenson looks every bit the killer Frank Castle should anyway. This will surely be a more bad-assed flick than The Dark Knight. It can't be coming out on the 9th because thats on a monday, friday the 13th is coming out on the 13th of feb which is on a friday, the same week punisher is supposed to come out ----------------------------------- Bambi Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:17 am ----------------------------------- T4, Transformers 2 and that new gangster movie with Bale and Depp in. ----------------------------------- Robo79 Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:08 pm ----------------------------------- T4, Transformers 2 and that new gangster movie with Bale and Depp in. That's directed by Michael Mann. I'm looking forward to that one, too. ----------------------------------- supes2705 Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:29 am ----------------------------------- Star trek ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:01 pm ----------------------------------- Yeah, I hope Star Trek's good. Same goes for G.I. Joe. ----------------------------------- AlexMurphy Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:55 pm ----------------------------------- Terminator 4, maybe the Wolverine movie. For some reason, I wanna see Dragon Ball Evolution. I've been waiting for a long time for a live action Dragon Ball (well an official one anyway because there's already a Chinese unauthorized one). I'm hoping it'll be good, but not holding my breathe on anything. ----------------------------------- gowett Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:47 pm ----------------------------------- The Flash ----------------------------------- supes2705 Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:13 am ----------------------------------- The Flash I don't think the flash is coming out this year ----------------------------------- RoBoToOnZ Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:48 pm ----------------------------------- Transformers 2 !! Bri :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:27 pm ----------------------------------- Do you think General Hawk is going to have his uniform (the one with the helmet and jet-pack) in the movie? ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:24 pm ----------------------------------- Do you think General Hawk is going to have his uniform (the one with the helmet and jet-pack) in the movie? Extremely Doubtful! From what we've seen of him and the rest of the characters so far toy-(or comic of cartoon for that matter)accurateness is not a concern at all, so it's doubtful he'll even be wearing his trademark brown jacket, let alone a lesser-know costume... ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:41 pm ----------------------------------- Do you think General Hawk is going to have his uniform (the one with the helmet and jet-pack) in the movie? Extremely Doubtful! From what we've seen of him and the rest of the characters so far toy-(or comic of cartoon for that matter)accurateness is not a concern at all, so it's doubtful he'll even be wearing his trademark brown jacket, let alone a lesser-know costume... I'm not much into G.I. Joe. They never were popular here. My bro's first action figure was Hawk with the Jetpack suit. I've also played the 2 NES games. From what I've heard about the movie Duke isn't even blonde. ----------------------------------- MATTBLAK Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:05 pm ----------------------------------- :mrgreen: just watched the teaser trailer for transformers 2 IT LOOKS AWSOME !!! can't wait to watch it on my samsung 1000w theater system (with it cranked right up) :b :b ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:49 am ----------------------------------- I didn't like the teaser, but I hope the movie will be good and will have the theme song!! ----------------------------------- MATTBLAK Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:43 am ----------------------------------- theme song............ like "transformers robots in disguise" ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:30 pm ----------------------------------- Yup! ----------------------------------- supes2705 Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:14 pm ----------------------------------- Watchmen next for me, then star trek ----------------------------------- protozoan Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:36 am ----------------------------------- gotta be transformers revenge of the fallen for me. i hope it kicks ass so much that critics of the first movie will realise just how wrong they were. also watchmen, woverine and star trek. ----------------------------------- supes2705 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:19 am ----------------------------------- watchmen is a mere week away oh yeeeeeeeeah ----------------------------------- protozoan Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:44 am ----------------------------------- was going through new trailers, got these to look forward to- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTqmuXj1FSU&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYuVWpF5B94 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag5dbw51zDc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv5lYKC2D74 can't wait for inglourious basterds! ----------------------------------- supes2705 Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:03 pm ----------------------------------- Star Trek, the new trailer was online yesterday, pretty awesome "Yes Kirk was a great man, but that was another time" I love when nero says that =D ----------------------------------- protozoan Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:36 am ----------------------------------- Star Trek, the new trailer was online yesterday, pretty awesome "Yes Kirk was a great man, but that was another time" I love when nero says that =D i saw the latest trailer too, before watchmen. it looks awesome, i can't wait. but is it just me, or did the actors who play kirk and spock sound nothing like them? i hope this isn't the case ----------------------------------- themon84 Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:23 am ----------------------------------- the man with no name's movie is terrific, i have seen it and strongly recommend it. i'm curious how the voltron movie is gonna look and if johnny depp really will be the riddler, he said he was down for it on a radio interview ----------------------------------- supes2705 Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:47 pm ----------------------------------- Star Trek, the new trailer was online yesterday, pretty awesome "Yes Kirk was a great man, but that was another time" I love when nero says that =D i saw the latest trailer too, before watchmen. it looks awesome, i can't wait. but is it just me, or did the actors who play kirk and spock sound nothing like them? i hope this isn't the case Yeah when I went to the watchmen though, they showed the old trailer, I was mighty pissed, well I guess it would be hard to get a the actors that sound like them, im guessing that Captain Pike gets killed and Kirk takes over like his dad had, since it basically gave it away on the trailer ----------------------------------- protozoan Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:12 am ----------------------------------- Star Trek, the new trailer was online yesterday, pretty awesome "Yes Kirk was a great man, but that was another time" I love when nero says that =D i saw the latest trailer too, before watchmen. it looks awesome, i can't wait. but is it just me, or did the actors who play kirk and spock sound nothing like them? i hope this isn't the case Yeah when I went to the watchmen though, they showed the old trailer, I was mighty pissed, well I guess it would be hard to get a the actors that sound like them, im guessing that Captain Pike gets killed and Kirk takes over like his dad had, since it basically gave it away on the trailer was that the old trailer i saw?? it was the 3rd one released so i thought it was the new one. gonna go investigate that now hmmmm it probably is hard to get people who sound like them, i guess i was expecting something like brandon routh who was so perfect to take over christopher reeve. man i hope he stays as superman if they get anyone else they are completely mad. ----------------------------------- Brandon Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:11 am ----------------------------------- I'm not much of a Star Trek guy, but the score in the new Star Trek trailer by Michael Giacchino (sp) of "Lost" fame has got me hooked. ----------------------------------- supes2705 Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:05 am ----------------------------------- Star Trek, the new trailer was online yesterday, pretty awesome "Yes Kirk was a great man, but that was another time" I love when nero says that =D i saw the latest trailer too, before watchmen. it looks awesome, i can't wait. but is it just me, or did the actors who play kirk and spock sound nothing like them? i hope this isn't the case Yeah when I went to the watchmen though, they showed the old trailer, I was mighty pissed, well I guess it would be hard to get a the actors that sound like them, im guessing that Captain Pike gets killed and Kirk takes over like his dad had, since it basically gave it away on the trailer was that the old trailer i saw?? it was the 3rd one released so i thought it was the new one. gonna go investigate that now hmmmm it probably is hard to get people who sound like them, i guess i was expecting something like brandon routh who was so perfect to take over christopher reeve. man i hope he stays as superman if they get anyone else they are completely mad. I completlely agree with you about Brandon routh, I just wish that if he in the reboot, I hope they change his costume, I just didnt like it really, I like the old S logo, and yeah mate you would of saw the newest trailer, just when I saw watchmen it was the 2nd trailer and I watched the new trailer online last saturday ----------------------------------- protozoan Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:45 pm ----------------------------------- they probably would change the costume after all the backlash they got the first time. i also thought the sports shoe bottoms of the feet were a bit silly. they looked cool but when you thought about it, did they come like that in the fortress of solitude or did he have them specially made somewhere? if so the place where he got them makes some really fucking out of this world durable shoes! ----------------------------------- supes2705 Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:22 pm ----------------------------------- they probably would change the costume after all the backlash they got the first time. i also thought the sports shoe bottoms of the feet were a bit silly. they looked cool but when you thought about it, did they come like that in the fortress of solitude or did he have them specially made somewhere? if so the place where he got them makes some really fucking out of this world durable shoes! Well his "ma" made his costume, but she got the S symbol from a blanket he was wrapped in, in his spaceship, so I guess she made the boots haha, ----------------------------------- protozoan Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:28 pm ----------------------------------- they probably would change the costume after all the backlash they got the first time. i also thought the sports shoe bottoms of the feet were a bit silly. they looked cool but when you thought about it, did they come like that in the fortress of solitude or did he have them specially made somewhere? if so the place where he got them makes some really fucking out of this world durable shoes! Well his "ma" made his costume, but she got the S symbol from a blanket he was wrapped in, in his spaceship, so I guess she made the boots haha, in the comics and the TV shows she made it for him but i always thought in the original richard donner movie he got his whole costume from the fortress of solitude when he decided to use his powers. thats how it plays out to me in the film, especially when you look at superman 2 when he gives up his powers ----------------------------------- supes2705 Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:35 am ----------------------------------- in the comics and the TV shows she made it for him but i always thought in the original richard donner movie he got his whole costume from the fortress of solitude when he decided to use his powers. thats how it plays out to me in the film, especially when you look at superman 2 when he gives up his powers Yeah the films didnt stick to the original source material, so I think he did get it from krypton though its never fully explained, they fucked up in superman returns with the new "S" since when he goes back to krypton to see if theres any survivors, he comes back in a silver flight suit which includes the new "S", and even perry white says "is that a new costume?", when he's asking the reporters about superman returning ----------------------------------- protozoan Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:00 pm ----------------------------------- Yeah the films didnt stick to the original source material, so I think he did get it from krypton though its never fully explained, they fucked up in superman returns with the new "S" since when he goes back to krypton to see if theres any survivors, he comes back in a silver flight suit which includes the new "S", and even perry white says "is that a new costume?", when he's asking the reporters about superman returning yeah unfortunately it's a very flawed movie superman returns. it took me a couple of watches before i actually genuinely liked it. i didn't like being reminded that superman kissed lois and erased her memory from the end of superman 2. i always thought that ending was ambigious and i shut it out of my mind that maybe thats what he did and maybe she was just showing him she can pretend he's clark. i was hoping she still knew who he was. plus that made no sense that nobody figured out he came back when superman came back. curious movie that one. maybe we should be on a superman forum haha ----------------------------------- supes2705 Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:44 am ----------------------------------- Yeah the films didnt stick to the original source material, so I think he did get it from krypton though its never fully explained, they fucked up in superman returns with the new "S" since when he goes back to krypton to see if theres any survivors, he comes back in a silver flight suit which includes the new "S", and even perry white says "is that a new costume?", when he's asking the reporters about superman returning yeah unfortunately it's a very flawed movie superman returns. it took me a couple of watches before i actually genuinely liked it. i didn't like being reminded that superman kissed lois and erased her memory from the end of superman 2. i always thought that ending was ambigious and i shut it out of my mind that maybe thats what he did and maybe she was just showing him she can pretend he's clark. i was hoping she still knew who he was. plus that made no sense that nobody figured out he came back when superman came back. curious movie that one. maybe we should be on a superman forum haha I used to be on the blue tights network forum but people weren't really posting alot, I suppose I could find a better one haha, well when I went to see Superman Returns me being 18 at the time and it was my first Superman movie I saw at the cinema, since I wasn't even born when the rest come out haha, but I got goosebumps when I heard the theme song at the start. And im a big Superman fan to boot =) im on a few different forums, the friday the 13th community (really good, plus its a laugh) steven seagal forum(filled with women and some of the posts are bizzare, I just want to talk about his movies haha) The wrestling forum (so many users yet, full of dicks) Star Trek (offical forums, everyones cool on there, havent been on in a month) I can't think of anymore but if you ever happen to join any of them apart from the seagal and wrestling one since I don't think your a fan of them lol, just give me a shout, ill have a look round for a good superman one ----------------------------------- protozoan Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:49 pm ----------------------------------- Yeah the films didnt stick to the original source material, so I think he did get it from krypton though its never fully explained, they fucked up in superman returns with the new "S" since when he goes back to krypton to see if theres any survivors, he comes back in a silver flight suit which includes the new "S", and even perry white says "is that a new costume?", when he's asking the reporters about superman returning yeah unfortunately it's a very flawed movie superman returns. it took me a couple of watches before i actually genuinely liked it. i didn't like being reminded that superman kissed lois and erased her memory from the end of superman 2. i always thought that ending was ambigious and i shut it out of my mind that maybe thats what he did and maybe she was just showing him she can pretend he's clark. i was hoping she still knew who he was. plus that made no sense that nobody figured out he came back when superman came back. curious movie that one. maybe we should be on a superman forum haha I used to be on the blue tights network forum but people weren't really posting alot, I suppose I could find a better one haha, well when I went to see Superman Returns me being 18 at the time and it was my first Superman movie I saw at the cinema, since I wasn't even born when the rest come out haha, but I got goosebumps when I heard the theme song at the start. And im a big Superman fan to boot =) im on a few different forums, the friday the 13th community (really good, plus its a laugh) steven seagal forum(filled with women and some of the posts are bizzare, I just want to talk about his movies haha) The wrestling forum (so many users yet, full of dicks) Star Trek (offical forums, everyones cool on there, havent been on in a month) I can't think of anymore but if you ever happen to join any of them apart from the seagal and wrestling one since I don't think your a fan of them lol, just give me a shout, ill have a look round for a good superman one hell yeah i got goosebumps at the start too. hmm well i like friday the 13th may check out that one, steven seagul is a very interesting man, made some good movies, love the aikido martial art, wouldn't say i'm a huge fan but, not a big fan of wrestling, all my friends are but so i do get to watch it a fair bit, and if there are dickheads on there i'm better to stay away cos i'll probably just get on my soapy box, and the star trek one i would love to join. i'll have a look. star trek is so involved but!!! stuffed if i can remember all the guest characters names etc ----------------------------------- supes2705 Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:27 pm ----------------------------------- Yeah the films didnt stick to the original source material, so I think he did get it from krypton though its never fully explained, they fucked up in superman returns with the new "S" since when he goes back to krypton to see if theres any survivors, he comes back in a silver flight suit which includes the new "S", and even perry white says "is that a new costume?", when he's asking the reporters about superman returning yeah unfortunately it's a very flawed movie superman returns. it took me a couple of watches before i actually genuinely liked it. i didn't like being reminded that superman kissed lois and erased her memory from the end of superman 2. i always thought that ending was ambigious and i shut it out of my mind that maybe thats what he did and maybe she was just showing him she can pretend he's clark. i was hoping she still knew who he was. plus that made no sense that nobody figured out he came back when superman came back. curious movie that one. maybe we should be on a superman forum haha I used to be on the blue tights network forum but people weren't really posting alot, I suppose I could find a better one haha, well when I went to see Superman Returns me being 18 at the time and it was my first Superman movie I saw at the cinema, since I wasn't even born when the rest come out haha, but I got goosebumps when I heard the theme song at the start. And im a big Superman fan to boot =) im on a few different forums, the friday the 13th community (really good, plus its a laugh) steven seagal forum(filled with women and some of the posts are bizzare, I just want to talk about his movies haha) The wrestling forum (so many users yet, full of dicks) Star Trek (offical forums, everyones cool on there, havent been on in a month) I can't think of anymore but if you ever happen to join any of them apart from the seagal and wrestling one since I don't think your a fan of them lol, just give me a shout, ill have a look round for a good superman one hell yeah i got goosebumps at the start too. hmm well i like friday the 13th may check out that one, steven seagul is a very interesting man, made some good movies, love the aikido martial art, wouldn't say i'm a huge fan but, not a big fan of wrestling, all my friends are but so i do get to watch it a fair bit, and if there are dickheads on there i'm better to stay away cos i'll probably just get on my soapy box, and the star trek one i would love to join. i'll have a look. star trek is so involved but!!! stuffed if i can remember all the guest characters names etc Well it seems I was wrong about the bluetights forum I logged in and clicked on new posts, there was over 20 pages of new topics that had been posted in, so I take it more people joined. Ive got all of seagals movies on dvd apart from Ticker, Celementine and Against the dark, mainly because he isnt in them long enough. But everytime I go on the forum its just older women talking about seagal and im like :shock:, there talking about the size of his hands and stuff. Friday the 13th forum deals in everything and thats why its probably my favourite, I know most forums do, I just like the way its designed. The wrestling one its just so many people trying to outbetter each other and when you post like 5 times or something, your post count doesnt change for some reason and im sure they've changed something on my account. Probably because when I soon joined some punk was letting his mouth go and he thought he was great cos he had like 2000+ posts, I thought I would of got banned but I didnt. I wouldnt worry about the star trek one, nearly everyone on there will help you and they won't mind if you don't know every character, I still laugh at the "geeks" on there who argue over actual scientific phenomenom haha ----------------------------------- protozoan Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:34 pm ----------------------------------- yeah they take stuff so seriously. still most of it is based on fact which is cool. i think star trek would have to have the best written shows ever. ----------------------------------- Kevlar Antelope Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:41 am ----------------------------------- I was never in Star Trek but this new movie looks sweet as hell. I'm really looking forward to Trick or Treat and Halloween 2 as well this year! ----------------------------------- protozoan Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:37 am ----------------------------------- I was never in Star Trek but this new movie looks sweet as hell. is that because you're in this one? ----------------------------------- supes2705 Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:13 pm ----------------------------------- I was never in Star Trek but this new movie looks sweet as hell. is that because you're in this one? LMAO classic mate *high five* ----------------------------------- Kevlar Antelope Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:37 am ----------------------------------- Sorry guys I must have missed the joke. Just don't get it. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:24 am ----------------------------------- Sorry guys I must have missed the joke. Just don't get it. You said "I was in Star Trek", implying that you were actually part of the show, as opposed to "I was into Star Trek", implying you were a fan of the show. Also: lol ----------------------------------- protozoan Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:17 am ----------------------------------- sorry for having a joke at your expense kevlar, but you left yourself wide open for that one :lol: ----------------------------------- Mephisto Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:15 am ----------------------------------- Gonna have to go see Crank: High Voltage. Looks fucken crazy. Me likey. ----------------------------------- PresidentJuggernaut Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:38 am ----------------------------------- Terminator 4 mostly. Star Trek too. Possibly Transformers 2. ----------------------------------- protozoan Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:13 am ----------------------------------- man, i'm sooo looking forward to transformers 2. fucking bring.... it.... ON!!! ----------------------------------- PresidentJuggernaut Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:25 am ----------------------------------- The more I hear about Terminator, the more I can't wait for it. I hadn't heard until now that they are trying to include Robert Patrick. I'm looking forward to Transformers 2, but I worry that it will have more of the retarded bits like the first. Especially because there's the new "Twins" characters, who are supposed to be an over the top fat guy/skinny guy "comedy" duo. Ugh. ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:07 am ----------------------------------- Robert Patrick is in Salvation?.Where'd you get that info? ----------------------------------- chaos one Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:14 am ----------------------------------- The only movie of the year. STAR TREK! ----------------------------------- PresidentJuggernaut Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:48 am ----------------------------------- I have no idea if he is actually in it. But they've mentioned trying to put him somwhere in the movie if they could, or in a possible sequel. I think he was in one of the Charlies Angels that the McG guy made too, so they know eachother. ----------------------------------- supes2705 Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:22 pm ----------------------------------- Star Trek =D ----------------------------------- protozoan Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:52 am ----------------------------------- The more I hear about Terminator, the more I can't wait for it. I hadn't heard until now that they are trying to include Robert Patrick. I'm looking forward to Transformers 2, but I worry that it will have more of the retarded bits like the first. Especially because there's the new "Twins" characters, who are supposed to be an over the top fat guy/skinny guy "comedy" duo. Ugh. its transformers, of course they're gonna have quirky characters! like bumblebee and frenzy in the first film. i think the twins look cool myself, and they're both the same size. the thing i loved about the first film is it didn't take itself too seriously and had plenty of moments of levity, it knew what sort of movie it was. the only retarded parts i remember were the little lovey moments, but they didn't bother me that much. nah, transformers was fucking kickass, best movie of 2007 easy. i only have one slight problem with it, they called brawl devastator in the subtitles and devastator is in the sequel. but thats kinda sticking to the transformers universe, they stuffed up characters all the time in the g1 cartoons and comics. ----------------------------------- Edd 209 Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:54 am ----------------------------------- Robin Hood ----------------------------------- RoboHell Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:05 am ----------------------------------- I'm looking forward to Robocop Vs Preadtor!!! ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:41 am ----------------------------------- What's the Preadtor? :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- RoboHell Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:36 am ----------------------------------- What's the Preadtor? :mrgreen: shit....fucking been on a wine binge and drinking and typing is not something i do weel..... :wink: ----------------------------------- supes2705 Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:43 am ----------------------------------- The expendables ----------------------------------- protozoan Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:59 am ----------------------------------- transformers revenge of the fallen only 2 weeks to go!!! i'm not reading one critic review this time, fuck em. the 1st one should have been a 5 star movie in my opinion. hey, they'll give 5 stars to 40 year old virgin! ----------------------------------- RoboHell Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:35 pm ----------------------------------- This movie 2012 looks like a apocalyptic visual feast!!! ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:20 am ----------------------------------- Daybreakers. Basically, everyone in the world is a vampire and they've run out of humans to use for blood. Check out the trailer. Looks bitchin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-8kG-KzUEI ----------------------------------- protozoan Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:59 am ----------------------------------- awesome, toy story 3! bout time too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f-MYl-HzNw&feature=fvst that daybreakers looks pretty good. nice kate bush cover song by placebo there too. ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:25 pm ----------------------------------- District 9 looks real good. ----------------------------------- yodazone Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:47 pm ----------------------------------- Avatar, Inglorious Bastards, Alien 5 ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:59 pm ----------------------------------- Totally forgot about Alien 5. Fuck. I guess it's going to be a prequel telling the story/origin of the Space Jockey and the Aliens and how they both came to be on LV-426. And you'd think that they'd get some time honored director (Like Ridley Scott, who is producing it) But no, they're getting some prick from Ridley and Tony's production company to do it. His name's Carl Rinsch. Supposedly he directs shit for The Scott's, but his IMDB only has two flms under the directing portion. God Damnit. I really don't want them to make this. I just don't see how they can create a good story out of this idea. And I don't know about you guys, but I DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE ORIGINS OF THE ALIEN OR THE FUCKING SPACE JOCKEY! It would ruin the mystery and the unknown lethality of these creatures/characters. Sigh.....and now they have this unknown Director to smear his mediocrity all over it. Not to say he might not be a great director, but with a film and franchise and creature this big (not to mention an extremely difficult origin story to tell), you'd want to have someone like fucking Ridley fucking Scott to be in control. Have his years of experience and connection to the source material pave the way to film gold. I don't know anymore, I'd like to think I'd go see it anyways to confirm or dispell my assumptions. But I don't know if I can take another "Rape Fest" of one of my favorite movies (well, Alien and Aliens). Well here's me waiting for the trailer I guess. :cry: ----------------------------------- yodazone Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:26 pm ----------------------------------- Yea, I'm more interested in seeing James Cameron's script for Aliens 5 instead of a prequel but FOX can't seem to get it together with these movies. I heard Cameron's script was to have the Colonial Marines make a trip to the Alien planet and wipe them all out. :mrgreen: I'm not sure I want to see Ridley Scott directing it again because I've seen his stuff over the years and he's lost his touch. I'd rather see James Cameron's script in there with Paul Verhoven directing it. :D ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:43 pm ----------------------------------- I like that idea a hell of a lot better than Ridley's idea. But I still don't want to see the alien home world. That just sounds absurd to me. Explaining any bit of their past or origin. Granted, I own Alien comics that pretty much pick the story up after "Aliens" and decide to go to their home world to perform the ultimate solution. I like those actually because in the end, they're comics. They're nothing official and therefore if you don't like it, it's okay because no one is telling you it's cannon and you have to learn to enjoy it, or sit back and suck on it. I really got that feeling from X3 but thats another story altogether. So yeah, I feel doomed. I wonder what they're going to call it too. Alien 0? Aliens: Back to Perfection? Eggs? :turd: ----------------------------------- protozoan Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:02 am ----------------------------------- i read in the latest australian empire magazine that they're planning on making a remake of alien. yep, that's what i read, not made up. couldn't believe it myself. better not be fuckin' true goddammit. :ohdear: just found this, rumour control, here are the facts! well, kind of. http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=24916 ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:42 am ----------------------------------- I can't find the correct article but I think originally it was supposed to be a remake after Cameron backed out of it (or was it before?). Then Scott suggested they make a prequel instead. So Ridley's idea was for he, his brother Tony, and some guy named Michael Costigan to produce it while they handed the directing reigns over to Carl Rinsch. Who had directed a few music videos and commercials for the Scott's production company. BUT APPARENTLY (thank beautiful satan) Fox now doesn't want to give the green light unless Ridley is directing. But I guess even that isn't 100% confirmed. A more recent article: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a159238/fox-not-interested-in-alien-prequel.html?imdb ----------------------------------- yodazone Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:35 pm ----------------------------------- Nice. FOX should take these movies seriously and give it to A-list directors and not people fresh out of music videos or those recent PG-13 horror movies. It seemed like they wanted to save money with the other old sequels and hire cheesy directors. Hopefully they learned their lesson after AvP-R. :blarg: :monkey: I've been using this site to keep up with the Aliens/Predator updates: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/ "Predators" I hope will be somewhat decent. ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:01 am ----------------------------------- Haha, forgot about Predators too! I have better hopes for that film than this Alien Prequel nonsense. I've always felt that the Predator was a good idea for a character, but it has never been used to it's full potential. But whats with all of this producing nonsense. The alien prequel has Ridley Scott volunteering for the producing slot and Predators has Rodriguez in the producing chair as well. God damnit just man up and make your ideas a reality you talented bastards! ----------------------------------- RoboHell Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:35 pm ----------------------------------- Tron 2 Watched the leaked trailer a year ago from comic con and it was really blurry but got goose bumps anyways, now the offical trailer is out and it looks soooo good!!! http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810096458/video/14719967 ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:20 pm ----------------------------------- Fuck yeah! Finally they came out with an official trailer that you can actually see clearly! Any release date yet? My only problem, it's call TRON LEGACY. I'm tired of all of these sequels that have stopped using numbers and just use some vague ass word instead. Couldn't they have at least called it TRON 2: Legacy? Oh well. Anyways, this looks great. Can't wait to see what they came up with for the sequel. Looks like a classic story of corruption and redemption to me. ----------------------------------- FluxCapacitor Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:15 pm ----------------------------------- Avatar! Cameron back in Sci-Fi where he belongs =] ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:50 pm ----------------------------------- Just wish I could see some actual FOOTAGE of it. Wasn't there supposed to be a teaser for it already? Or bootlegs of the stuff they showed at Comic-Con? ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:06 am ----------------------------------- Of what? ----------------------------------- supes2705 Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:55 am ----------------------------------- Of what? James Cameron's up and coming SCI-FI epic "Avatar" ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:58 am ----------------------------------- I think it's funny that Rodriguez wrote Predators like 15 years ago and now they are coming to him. Nimrod Antal, hopefully he does a good job directing it.........Nimrod :lol: Says they are going to the predators homeworld too. Which I kind of like. Like it with the new Aliens too. I couldn't believe that they made superman and batman versus predator and alien comics. batman vs. aliens batman vs. predator superman vs. aliens superman vs. predator superman and batman vs. aliens and predator Does anybody really buy something like this? This is some random pairing. ----------------------------------- Kevlar Antelope Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:09 am ----------------------------------- District 9 is all I wanna see right now. ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:26 am ----------------------------------- Iron Man 2 looks epic. I don't know of the validity of this photo but It looks eerily similar to something I saw somewhere in a movie I have seen. Hmmmmmm.... http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af349/ImpendingDemise/IronmanDeuce.jpg ----------------------------------- RoboHell Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:35 am ----------------------------------- I think i have seen that before as well.... http://www.robocoparchive.com/board/album_showpage.php?pic_id=161 ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:57 pm ----------------------------------- I'm waiting for this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expendables_%282010_film%29 God, this is gonna kick ass!!! Too bad Van Damme and Kurt Russell turned down... ----------------------------------- supes2705 Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:36 pm ----------------------------------- I'm waiting for this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expendables_%282010_film%29 God, this is gonna kick ass!!! Too bad Van Damme and Kurt Russell turned down... You also missed out Lord Steven Seagal :D ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:20 pm ----------------------------------- I'm not a huge fan of Seagal, but yeah, I guess it would've been cool to have him on board too. ----------------------------------- supes2705 Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:11 pm ----------------------------------- Im a huge fan of Seagal, and I take all if his critiscm on the chin, he makes what I like, dumb action movies, and ive got them all =D ----------------------------------- protozoan Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:05 am ----------------------------------- AVATAR. and apparently from the people who have seen it, it's going to change cinema forever. bold statement. ----------------------------------- supes2705 Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:00 am ----------------------------------- AVATAR. and apparently from the people who have seen it, it's going to change cinema forever. bold statement. I thinks its more than likely Live action mixed incredibly well with CGI, I think there trying to blend it, to a point where your not sure if its real ----------------------------------- protozoan Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:04 am ----------------------------------- AVATAR. and apparently from the people who have seen it, it's going to change cinema forever. bold statement. I thinks its more than likely Live action mixed incredibly well with CGI, I think there trying to blend it, to a point where your not sure if its real yeah the cgi is really groundbreaking in it supposedly, but the report from people who saw it at special 15 minute previews is that they have finally made a 3D movie that works, they're stating it makes you feel like you're actually inside the movie ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:09 pm ----------------------------------- MAD MAX FURY ROAD!..Yup it's happening!.The New V-8 interceptor.. ----------------------------------- Mephisto Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:14 am ----------------------------------- MAD MAX FURY ROAD!..Yup it's happening!.The New V-8 interceptor.. And to think, it only took them 25 years to get on with it. :roll: I guess they never heard the term, strike while the iron's hot. By the way, it was stated clearly that Max's car was the last of the V-8 Interceptors in "The RoadWarrior". We all know that car was blown to shit. This is apparently not a remake but an actual sequel. So...where did they pull that new Interceptor out of? Someone's fucken ass? :roll: I love the orginal Mad Max Trilogy, but damn, they should have made this film years ago. What's next, a sequel to fucken Willow? "Come on Madmartigan, we have to save the baby......again!" ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:27 pm ----------------------------------- So it's going to be live-action, not anime like they had planned for some time? Too bad Mel Gibson won't be in it. Who do you think could fit in the role? I once saw a fan-made trailer with Clive Owen and it looked quite good. ----------------------------------- Archive Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:41 pm ----------------------------------- Too bad Mel Gibson won't be in it. Who do you think could fit in the role? Current info is that a guy named Tom Hardy has the lead, and that Charlize Theron will be in the movie as well. ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:37 pm ----------------------------------- AVATAR. and apparently from the people who have seen it, it's going to change cinema forever. bold statement. It's on screens now - the more I read about it, the more I want to see it; just for curiosity. ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:30 pm ----------------------------------- Clash of the Titans looks epic I also hope they get on with the Bioshock movie, want that real bad. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:28 pm ----------------------------------- Toy Story 3. Can't wait for it! I'm also saving up to go see the first two in 3D. ----------------------------------- Archive Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:44 pm ----------------------------------- Bring on the summer and Ironman 2. Oh i have high expectations. ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:26 pm ----------------------------------- Legion anybody? ----------------------------------- protozoan Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:57 am ----------------------------------- hell yeah legion looks wicked! also can't wait for toy story 3 and want to catch the first 2 in 3D. toy story 2 still cracks me up no matter how many times i watch it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpZ5D_Wc4cA&feature=fvw ^clash of the titans looks fucking kickass! ----------------------------------- LuanaTF Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:19 am ----------------------------------- Toy Story 3. Can't wait for it! I'm also saving up to go see the first two in 3D. Me too!!! :D ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:54 am ----------------------------------- Can't really think of any new movies that I'm really excited to see. But I stumbled across these few trailers for Kick-Ass and Defendor. They're both the same kind of indie superhero with out super powers movie. But both look really good in their own rights. Check em out, you won't be disappointed. Kick-Ass Red Band trailers: http://screenrant.com/red-band-kick-ass-trailer-hitgirl-rob-38925/ http://screenrant.com/kick-ass-trailer-international-red-band-ross-43906/ And Defendor with Woody Harrelson (which for some reason is going straight to DVD. Looks plenty good for theatres to me): http://screenrant.com/defendor-trailer-rob-45435/ ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:46 am ----------------------------------- Well this Expendables trailer looks kind of promising. I am pretty much looking forward to seeing it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6RU5y2fU6s And yeah, I'll definately check out Defendor for sure. Plus Woody Harrelson rules and it looks interesting. ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:51 am ----------------------------------- I've heard about the Expendables. Didn't really interest me. But that trailer, oh boy. That was awesome. I am so totally going to see that. That's going to be a beer smuggling night for sure. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:11 am ----------------------------------- I can't wait for it. Gonna take my dad with me, he's probably gonna love it. It's gonna be like the good ol' days with 80s action flicks on the Beta Max...only newer. ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:20 pm ----------------------------------- Hahaha you and that beta max! *EDIT* A coworker told me about this and I watched the first 5 minutes here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0b90YppquE&feature=player_embedded And now I really need to see this. It looks fuckin awesome. If anyone is interested enough to go see it themselves, here is a list of places they're showing it: http://www.banksyfilm.com/ Watch it. ----------------------------------- Officer Harvey Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:27 am ----------------------------------- Predators, Super 8, Alien Prequels, third Nolan-era Batman film, Superman sequel/reboot ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:43 am ----------------------------------- That Alien prequel is such a bad idea. It's going to totally ruin any mystery about the Alien itself. Even if it's a decent film, fuck the idea in the first place. Scott Pilgrim vs The World looks pretty damn good. Gotta admit I'm a bit psyched to see that one. ----------------------------------- Wearfare Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:11 pm ----------------------------------- I was thinking about watching 'Red' soon, but when I heard from one of my friends it was disappointing due to an hour and a half of comedy and only 20 minutes of action...I decided to skip it. ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:27 am ----------------------------------- Although I really didn't care at all for the second transformers movie, after seeing this trailer for the third one, I think it looks pretty interesting and I want to see it. http://www.robocoparchive.com/board/posting.php?mode=reply&t=1595 ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:08 pm ----------------------------------- "Pirates of the Caribbean IV" This could be a real sequel for the first movie in series, because II and III sucked. ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:59 pm ----------------------------------- Tron period.. ----------------------------------- Gadget Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:49 am ----------------------------------- Silent Hill: Revelation Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides The Dark Knight Rises That's all I could prolly sum up at the top of my head. I was thinking about watching Captain America and Thor, but I don't think I could take that much more disappointment when it comes to comic-movies ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:46 am ----------------------------------- I wasn't all that interested in the green lantern but after I saw this trailer I really want to see it. Looks real good. I guess this is from wondercon? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JydAY58Cvoo&feature=player_embedded ----------------------------------- WeKilledYou Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:48 am ----------------------------------- I'm kind of eager to see the new Pirates movie, as well as X-Men First Class and Super 8. I know all of these have already come out in theaters, but money is fairly tight for me at the moment, so I'm gonna wait for dvd & blu ray. Two movies that haven't come out yet though, are Captain America and The Thing prequel. I'm not a big Captain america fan, but I'll see anything that has people fighting nazi's, and what I've read about it sounds okay. I'm a huge THING fan, and I think the new movie is going to be terrible. But I still have to watch it, and hope for the best. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:22 am ----------------------------------- One of the few movies I am looking forward to is Ridley Scott's Prometheus, partly because of it's connection to Alien, but also looks like it's shaping up to be a pretty interesting film. ----------------------------------- WeKilledYou Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:50 pm ----------------------------------- I'm also looking forward to Ridley Scott's Prometheus. While I don't mind it having obvious tie ins to Alien, I really hope it is more of a stand alone movie personally. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:32 pm ----------------------------------- I'm also looking forward to Ridley Scott's Prometheus. While I don't mind it having obvious tie ins to Alien, I really hope it is more of a stand alone movie personally. I think that's how they're trying to do it. From what I read it started as a straight-up prequel and evolved into it's own thing. I am a little upset because Ridley Scott said to get the necessary budget they're probably gonna have to make it PG-13, but then again PG-13 is a lot different today than when the original Alien came out. Regardless it looks like it's shaping up to be a great film with the potential to shake up the whole Alien franchise and answer some of unanswered question in the series (Where did the Space Jockey come from???) while building up it's own mythology. ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:12 pm ----------------------------------- I like the mystery and strangness of the "spacejockey",I fear that if they spend too much time trying too explain it's origins it will adversely effect one of the more creepy aspects of the original Alien,I mean I don't want too see a CG'd Mr.Space Snuffleluffaguss tending too a farm of Alien eggs...Knowing Hollywood and the consessions Ridley has already made too get the movie financed it would'nt suprise me... ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:32 pm ----------------------------------- So the space jockey is the xenomorph? I'm confused. ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:48 pm ----------------------------------- No...The Space jockey is the dead giant Alien navigator,That Ripleys crew discover in the wreckage of the "derilict" space craft on LV426 in the 1st Alien film...For some reason Ridley Scott and company have eluded previously that this film may or may not deal with that particular part of the Alien mythos...To me its an absolutely horrible idea,Its something thats better not explained not remaining so will kinda rob that moment in the 1st film of it's sheer bizzare impact.. ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:56 pm ----------------------------------- Damn! Guess it's been a loooong time since I've seen that movie. Goodie, something to watch tonight. Thanks for the info. I really don't remember that thing at all. It doesn't make sense that these aliens can manufacture and use machines and such. I know they are supposed to be intelligent but they always seemed like intelligent wild animals. Unless this space jockey is supposed to be a higher intelligence being from their homeworld and the aliens (xenomorphs) are like wild animals there too. I guess it's like you said and the mystery is better than telling how it all works. But I wanna know dammit! Edit 100! Ok, reading more on the creature it seems as if it is probably a different alien that was killed be the xenomorphs. I gotta get my act together and go watch the first movie again. ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:56 am ----------------------------------- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOfZGImKrZI I wonder if it is a book or story or stories hunter wrote about himself only using another character instead of himself. I wonder if he is like he was in fear and loathing. Either way I'm going to see it. ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:40 pm ----------------------------------- You haven't heard about this Demise? The Rum Diaries was Thompson's 2nd unpublished book that, after he became more of a journalistic heavyweight, he dusted off the manuscript, touched it up, and got it published. It's a good read, you'd definitely love it. No Depp is not reprising the infamous role of Raoul Duke, but another fictionalized alias of Thompson's by the handle of Paul Kemp. It's basically the romanticized account of Thompson's time in Puerto Rico when he was still new to the world of Sports Writing/Objective Journalism. The trailer doesn't really impress me at all. But as you already said, I shall be there when the first ticket is sold. Hopefully my theater will at snag some posters or other promotional material. ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:40 am ----------------------------------- No, I hadn't heard about it. My friend just told me about it before I posted that link here. I thought I was spreading the word, Ha. SO yeah, fictionalized alias is the term I was looking for. How coincidental that Depp is taking up another role of hunter as another character. I bet he's producing it or something since he's got tons of dough and loves Thompson. I haven't been interested or excited enough about any movies enough lately to go to the movies but I will definitely be going to see this one. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:04 pm ----------------------------------- Bring on the Tintin movie already!! ----------------------------------- Josh Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:08 pm ----------------------------------- Bring on the Tintin movie already!! I'm not a fan of Tintin, but I love the style of the film. Cartoonish proportions but realistic colours and lighting... ----------------------------------- TheOldManOCP Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:29 pm ----------------------------------- I'm looking forward to J.Edgar. Not a huge DiCaprio fan, but it's a Clint Eastwood film so it can't be all bad. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:25 am ----------------------------------- Bring on the Tintin movie already!! I'm not a fan of Tintin, but I love the style of the film. Cartoonish proportions but realistic colours and lighting... That's what got me into Tintin in the first place - it looks cartoony, but takes itself seriously. Kinda like Batman TAS, minus the Batman part. ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:16 pm ----------------------------------- The trailer I see everyday at work looks completely uninteresting. There's barely even any people in it. I'm gonna have to see a better version. If there's anything better to see that is. ----------------------------------- Lexington Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:14 pm ----------------------------------- Tintin? Drugs busts, slavery, raving alcoholics, guns, car chases, people getting coshed over the head every five minutes... what's not to love? ...I love Tintin. What I don't love is all this 3D fad crap at the moment, and I can already see they've stuck in some ridiculous/needless action scenes to show off the 3D (and would have done it anyway even if it wasn't 3D). I'll rent it I guess. And if it sucks, there'll always be the inevitable Teesside Tintin spoof dub of it. ----------------------------------- Lexington Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:33 pm ----------------------------------- I'm kinda looking forward to Dredd. Although I'm dredding another f*ck-up. Costume is looking a little meh, but... it's the spirit of the thing that counts. I'm hoping it really will be as dark, dark-humoured and cynical as the comics. Yeah, that's a long shot with the Hollywood of today and its current 'superhero' splurge... ----------------------------------- Josh Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:47 pm ----------------------------------- I'm kinda looking forward to Dredd. Oh good God yes. I'm actually looking forward to this more than The Dark Knight Rises. ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:00 pm ----------------------------------- Dredd is gonna be the shit!..Even with all its production problem it looks to be everything that Dredd should be...You paying attention Pahdia? ----------------------------------- Ponteral Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:02 pm ----------------------------------- I look for The Dark Knight Rises. I saw TDK in cinema and i was fantastic. I also want to see Prometheus, it's interesting too for me, you know, I like sci-fi, so..:) ----------------------------------- Josh Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:38 pm ----------------------------------- I am still looking forward to Dredd but my interest in The Dark Knight Rises is, well, rising. And the run time is close to three hours. My arse shall be number than the victim of a spank loving dominatrix. ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:55 pm ----------------------------------- Sticking with Dredd for me TDKR is sure too dissapoint,Unless Nolan duz something that no other filmmaker has and knocks it out of the park for a third time.. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:07 am ----------------------------------- Sticking with Dredd for me TDKR is sure too dissapoint,Unless Nolan duz something that no other filmmaker has and knocks it out of the park for a third time.. After a major letdown and a bittersweet disappointment TDKR is shaping up to be a big pile of crap, or so it would seem. I am not impressed by what I've seen so far, and in fact from the trailers this appears to be the worst of the trilogy...that said I haven't even thought about the film in weeks, but I have read some Batman comics recently (including vol. 1 of the new 52 relaunch) so that fix has been filled. Dredd, on the other hand, I have been fiending for for a long while. A few years ago I cleaned out my local comic shop of every Dredd title they have, and thus haven't had any 'new' Dredd tales to read in a while. The trailer looks excellent, if not entirely stunning, but appears to be a serviceable, entertaining super-hero film which is far more than I can say for the soap-opera-plus-half-assed-villains-fest that Nolan's Batman series is. Seriously though, Bane looks sillier than he did in the George Clooney Batman, and that's really saying something. :ohdear: ----------------------------------- WeKilledYou Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:09 pm ----------------------------------- Warm Bodies. Normally I'm pretty indifferent to zombie movies or chick flicks, but in seeing the preview of this and reading a bit of info on it, I'm quite intrigued. ----------------------------------- Sean_001 Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:48 pm ----------------------------------- A Good Day To Die Hard. Kinda looking forward to this one. Wasn't too thrilled with the last one (didn't feel like a Die Hard movie to me). But it seems now they are bringing McClane's kids into the picture again. Am I gonna see another Torch-Passing in this movie? ----------------------------------- Josh Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:39 pm ----------------------------------- A Good Day To Die Hard. Kinda looking forward to this one. Wasn't too thrilled with the last one (didn't feel like a Die Hard movie to me). But it seems now they are bringing McClane's kids into the picture again. Am I gonna see another Torch-Passing in this movie? Get rid of his bro-tastic son and I'm in. ----------------------------------- WeKilledYou Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:28 pm ----------------------------------- I to am looking forward to the new diehard, but for some reason, I actually liked part four for what it was. Although it easily could have been its own stand alone action movie with Willis that wasn't part of the franchise. ----------------------------------- Sean_001 Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:01 pm ----------------------------------- WKY... The 4th Die Hard wasn't really Die Hard because it was based on "A Farewell to Arms". And it seemed so far off from the source, and from a Die Hard movie, it's almost unwatchable. Between Kevin Smith's hokey-doke cameo, and Justin Long (whom I'm starting to hate as a serious actor, comedic roles, sure), Bruce Willis seemed to be stuck in a bad comedy that DIDN'T star Tracy Morgan. ----------------------------------- Burnout Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:11 am ----------------------------------- WKY... The 4th Die Hard wasn't really Die Hard because it was based on "A Farewell to Arms". And it seemed so far off from the source, and from a Die Hard movie, it's almost unwatchable. Between Kevin Smith's hokey-doke cameo, and Justin Long (whom I'm starting to hate as a serious actor, comedic roles, sure), Bruce Willis seemed to be stuck in a bad comedy that DIDN'T star Tracy Morgan. All points I entirely agree with, though I seriously loved every time Bruce would just sit back and comment on how ridiculous the shit he just pulled off was. The fact that they took his character and slapped him into a different movie but kept all the reactions that he would make was fantastic....but I wouldn't want that to become the series regular deal. Oh and the last one did contain his daughter, so it still had the family connection. ----------------------------------- WeKilledYou Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:47 am ----------------------------------- I'm not saying I love the movie by any means, but not taking it too seriously, I enjoyed it as a Willis action flick. As a Diehard movie, yeah, it's terrible. And yeah, I can't stand Justin long. I really hope they don't bring him back, that would be a waste. A cameo from Reginald would be funny though. ----------------------------------- Yadre Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:26 pm ----------------------------------- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufsrgE0BYf0 I hope this will be fine enough :) ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:50 am ----------------------------------- Yeah gravity looks interesting. Also looking forward to the new riddick movie. But what I really want to see is Bad Grandpa with johnny Knoxville. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MSrAwfagG4 ----------------------------------- Steve Freeling Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:53 am ----------------------------------- Captain Phillips ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:34 pm ----------------------------------- http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/robocop-reboot-trailer-debuts-video-622488 This one for what ever reason.. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:19 pm ----------------------------------- ^ I suppose it counts... :b That said I agree. ----------------------------------- razgriz21 Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:07 am ----------------------------------- X-Men Days of Future Past http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2zYHWDZKo Sabotage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeHpSdQSH0c ----------------------------------- WeKilledYou Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:42 pm ----------------------------------- The new Godzilla flick looks interesting. I'll see that for sure. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:58 pm ----------------------------------- I want to see some monster brawl too! Let's hope they remember that Godzilla is the star and not some humans. ----------------------------------- WeKilledYou Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:26 pm ----------------------------------- I've seen only one trailer so far, and it shows very little. So at this point I only have idea's and speculation. ----------------------------------- RoboHell Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:46 am ----------------------------------- It's about fucking time! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Txv-fYnLI8k&feature=youtube_gdata_player Doubt this will be rated pg pussyteen ----------------------------------- gez1967 Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:20 am ----------------------------------- iam looking forward to transformers 4 ,Godzilla , gardens of the galaxy, but iam shore there is loads more, ----------------------------------- LuanaTF Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:37 am ----------------------------------- I'm waiting for Wreck-It Ralph 2. Anything else is welcome if it's good, but WIR is all I'm really waiting for right now. ;) Especially after certain events... Transformers 4... no. I have enough of Bay's stuff. He made the Transformers into something else that certainly sells, but it's not the Transformers. :( ----------------------------------- kodatarule Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:44 am ----------------------------------- I am still waiting to see the batfleck shit though when we see batman we will see ben affleck but who cares I just wanna see it :D ! Oh and looking forward for some blockbusters considering to see Expendables 3 (I know not great movies but the action is fun) cause it is in my country shot so yeah. ----------------------------------- WeKilledYou Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:23 pm ----------------------------------- In terms of movies I typically enjoy, Need For Speed looks like a boring waste of time. Heck, it could be an Asylum or Syfy production. But I hear it lacks CGI effects, so therefore I want to see it, oh, and the 300 Sequel. Eh, why not? ----------------------------------- Sin_Valor Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:39 pm ----------------------------------- Question...how on Earth can Darren Aronofsky write and direct a bible story into a major motion picture blockbuster? ----------------------------------- WeKilledYou Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:02 pm ----------------------------------- Question...how on Earth can Darren Aronofsky write and direct a bible story into a major motion picture blockbuster? Russel Crowe, and the term,"going to the well" comes to mind. But yeah, I have no freakin idea. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:34 pm ----------------------------------- Question...how on Earth can Darren Aronofsky write and direct a bible story into a major motion picture blockbuster? Russel Crowe, and the term,"going to the well" comes to mind. But yeah, I have no freakin idea. Bah on that mess. It's about fucking time! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Txv-fYnLI8k&feature=youtube_gdata_player Doubt this will be rated pg pussyteen Saw this the other day - That said, I agree wholeheartedly, about goddamned time. That's admittedly one of the few things even on my radar right now. Not really interested in Transformers or Godzilla much. ----------------------------------- WeKilledYou Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:19 pm ----------------------------------- So I don't know how far along it is, and with Pixar it could still be a while. But I read that the sequel to The Incredibles is in the works. This makes me really happy. ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:03 pm ----------------------------------- I'm sure the new sin city will be amazing. I cannot believe it has been so long since the first one came out. I saw this preview when I saw Robo on the bigscreen and it looks pretty interesting and very dark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTen3-B8GU ----------------------------------- RoboHell Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:01 pm ----------------------------------- Looks interesting, lawn mower man 3? ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:06 pm ----------------------------------- New trailer for X-Men looked kickass... But trailers usually do. Movie will probably be a clusterfuck. Still, something actually on my radar. ----------------------------------- gez1967 Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:28 pm ----------------------------------- well spiderman 2 was not a let down. roll on Godzilla, transformers 4, and tmnt. thinks this year is been one of the best for movies years in movies in a long time ----------------------------------- Sin_Valor Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:38 pm ----------------------------------- I'm really looking forward to the Godzilla reboot. When I finished watching The Amazing Spider-Man 2, I saw a minute preview and trailer for the new X-Men movie...not really hoping or expecting a lot out of it. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:51 pm ----------------------------------- New X-men is gonna suck because they're ruining a classic story. New Sin City is gonna be dope because it stays faithful to classic stories. ----------------------------------- Sin_Valor Thu May 01, 2014 10:29 am ----------------------------------- Okay, this isn't exactly a 'movie', but I heard there's gonna be a new From Dusk Till Dawn TV show coming soon. Of course, I don't know why this is happening...nor do I know why they felt like making 2 more sequels after the first film, but that's franchises for you. ----------------------------------- RoboHell Thu May 01, 2014 1:28 pm ----------------------------------- New X-men is gonna suck because they're ruining a classic story. New Sin City is gonna be dope because it stays faithful to classic stories. Truth. ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Thu May 01, 2014 2:44 pm ----------------------------------- I've seen colossus in hardees commercials and he looks very disappointing and boring. Wearing a fucking black suit like the rest. The last Wolverine movie is almost unwatchable... How can you fuck that character up? ----------------------------------- kodatarule Thu May 01, 2014 11:57 pm ----------------------------------- Expendables 3(I do know that the blood isn't real like in RoboCop(1987) but the movie even though it lacks story and clear plot the action is really good and I like the cheesy quotes of previous 2 :P ) must be the only movie I want really to see(when we put out RoboCop though I was pleasantly surprised by the brilliant captain america winter soldier),that tmnt tells me it is going to be big pile of shit but I might just go see it if family(brother) and friends want really much. ----------------------------------- artuditu Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:51 am ----------------------------------- Guardians of the Galaxy new promotional pictures. I found these two ones somehwat Robocop-ish. http://lestoilesheroiques.fr/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/gardiens-de-la-galaxie-promo-nova-elite-580x738.jpg http://lestoilesheroiques.fr/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/nova-corps-gardiens-logo-galaxie-guardians-580x738.jpg ----------------------------------- Sin_Valor Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:07 pm ----------------------------------- Honestly, that looks a little more Judge Dredd-ish. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:19 pm ----------------------------------- I'm on the fence about the Guardians of the Galaxy movie- on one hand it has the potential to be awesome since it's gonna introduce Thanos properly and can serve as an introduction to one of the greatest stories ever told: The Infinity Gauntlet. On the other hand they're going with a team that virtually no one knows about and it seems to be more of a comedy movie than anything from the previews, so my excitement has worn off a lot. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:20 pm ----------------------------------- Del Toro recently announced that "Pacific Rim 2" is coming April 2017. Not only that, but they are also working on a Pacific Rim Animated Series and I think I'm actually more excited about that! ----------------------------------- RoboHell Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:33 pm ----------------------------------- I watched Pacific Rim the other day, I thought it was awesome! Can't wait for part 2! ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:14 am ----------------------------------- Pacific rim was awesome the first time I saw it. But it definitely falls apart upon multiple viewings. For me anyway. Since you've already seen it you should watch this. I think it's pretty funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V10KeJgjgCw ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:12 am ----------------------------------- Pacific rim was awesome the first time I saw it. But it definitely falls apart upon multiple viewings. For me anyway. Really? I actually regret seeing in the theatre only once. I had the biggest smile on my face throughout the entire movie and as I went out of the theatre I hummed the theme song in my head all the way home... and for the next week... I saw it again twice at home and I still find it to be quite awesome. But maybe it's because I have a soft spot for Voltron and Power Rangers. To me, it's a movie that knows what it's supposed to be and doesn't really put a whole lot in terms of story, just throws awesome visuals and a bunch of cliches your way... but it does it sooo good. I hope they manage to keep that tone with the sequel. And they should totally get Genndy Tartakovsky to work on the animated series. ----------------------------------- artuditu Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:58 am ----------------------------------- Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) http://www.cinemascomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/MAD-MAX-4.jpg http://www.cinemascomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/MAD-MAX-5.jpg http://www.cinemascomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/MAD-MAX-3.jpg http://www.cinemascomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/MAD-MAX-2.jpg http://www.cinemascomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/MAD-MAX-1.jpg http://www.cinemascomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/MAD-MAX.jpg ----------------------------------- RoboHell Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:42 pm ----------------------------------- Fuck...yeah. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:32 pm ----------------------------------- Fuck...yeah. My sentiments exactly :) ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:58 pm ----------------------------------- Mad Max looks bitchin'! ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:24 pm ----------------------------------- Yeah man,We've actually supplied some parts for a few a the films vehicles I've been waiting for this with baited breath..Fuck CGI..This here is the real deal. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:43 am ----------------------------------- Yeah man,We've actually supplied some parts for a few a the films vehicles I've been waiting for this with baited breath..Fuck CGI..This here is the real deal. AWSUM! :D ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:47 am ----------------------------------- Wow...after years of rumors those pics look great... exactly what I wanted to see! ----------------------------------- artuditu Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:30 am ----------------------------------- Mad Max first look trailer from Comic-Con. It shows a bit too much in my opinion. In any case the visual style is top notch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akX3Is3qBpw#t=149 ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:45 pm ----------------------------------- Looks great. I didn't even realize Tom Hardy was playing Max. Other than Bane I like everything he has done. Should be interesting. Mechanical prosthetics on hot chicks, lol. Is it set in Japan or something? :b ----------------------------------- Sgt. Mace Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:30 am ----------------------------------- Mad Max first look trailer from Comic-Con. It shows a bit too much in my opinion. In any case the visual style is top notch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akX3Is3qBpw#t=149 Wow!! That will be a badass movie. I'm drooling already :b . Looks great. I didn't even realize Tom Hardy was playing Max. Other than Bane I like everything he has done. I agree. That guy is the most talented british actor for now. He was good as Bane but I'm find his outfit so random... Robert ''Jeep'' Swenson was the perfect Bane. He did well and worked with what he was given (which was really not a great script) and he has the perfect body for the role. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:42 am ----------------------------------- Yeah dude really disgraced one of the most badass villains in all of comics but it wasn't really his fault... he looks great as Max and the trailer nailed the Road Warrior aesthetic so I don't think this movie could disappoint. ----------------------------------- RoboHell Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:53 pm ----------------------------------- Y'all see Bronson? Holy shit, he is fucking CRAZY in that movie! ----------------------------------- Sgt. Mace Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:37 pm ----------------------------------- ''Bronson'' was my introduction in his filmography. That movie rocks!!! ----------------------------------- Sgt. Mace Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:24 pm ----------------------------------- Sylvester Stallone once again working on new Rambo movie. The plot sounds catchy. http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/sylvester-stallone-to-write-and-star-in-rambo-5-9559739.html http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/sylvester-stallone-returns-for-rambo-v-20140624-zsjmt.html http://entertainment.ie/cinema/news/The-new-Sylvester-Stallone-Rambo-movie-sounds-like-a-Predator-movie/268131.htm ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:00 pm ----------------------------------- Holy shit, this movie is gonna be INSAAAAAAAAAAAAANE (or should I say "Mad" :b) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAoHjA9K4is&hd=1 2015 is shaping up to be quite a year for movie sequels!! ----------------------------------- RoboHell Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:18 pm ----------------------------------- Mother Fucker Holy Shit God Damn Son of a Bitch that looks.....BAD ASS! ----------------------------------- Victorboris1 Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:38 am ----------------------------------- Dat sandstorm, hnnnnngh. ----------------------------------- Meriandressial Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:30 pm ----------------------------------- I dont notice films much. But Chappie looks good. By Neil Bloomkamp. He made district9. H ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:33 pm ----------------------------------- Yup, Chappie looks promising, though his design is a bit Appleseed-ish. Looking forward to it though. ----------------------------------- Sin_Valor Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:17 am ----------------------------------- 'The Interview' this Thursday if Sony Pictures have the balls to show It in cinemas and theatres that day. Seriously, it's just a film, guys. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:08 am ----------------------------------- 'The Interview' this Thursday if Sony Pictures have the balls to show It in cinemas and theatres that day. Seriously, it's just a film, guys. First they pulled it, then Obama called then pussies, now it's playing again but only in select theaters. Here's a [url=http://mashable.com/2014/12/23/where-the-interview-is-playing-on-christmas/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link]list. It's not playing anywhere near me but I probably wasn't gonna see it anyway. I'm sure its mildly entertaining but most of my interest is based on the controversy. Still, gonna watch it online sooner or later. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:14 pm ----------------------------------- Shouldn't have pulled it in the first place, them or the individual theaters. That said, they can yak about worrying about peoples safety and shit all they want - 5-to-1 this 'controversy' was mainly Sony taking advantage of the situation to drum up attention for the movie than anything else. As said it doesn't look like the film is all that grand on its own. Glad they're showing it (so they say) in any event though. ----------------------------------- Meriandressial Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:03 pm ----------------------------------- Yup, Chappie looks promising, though his design is a bit Appleseed-ish. Looking forward to it though. It does look like appleseed. Couldnt quite place it till you said it. Hopefully not as stupid as appleseed. I never got briareos not having a face. His brain is his only organic part. Thats less than either Robocop. How does he not go insane from having that odd head. They could have made a metal face at least. Chappie looks better than him though. Hes got a face, for one thing. ----------------------------------- Meriandressial Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:37 pm ----------------------------------- It's next year. But looking forward to Suicide Squad now. Joel Kinnamans in it! Yayyy! He's one of my most favourite actors ever. So talented, handsome and sexy. :) He's Rick Flagg I think. I looked up Rick Flagg and he seems a good character. i am so sick of superheroe films now. And i love superhero and comicbook stuff. It's marvels fault. Flooding the market with their bland shite and the entire MCU. The worst thing to happen to superhero films ever. But Suicide Squad sounds interesting. Might be good. Jared Leto as the Joker might be good. cannot be any worse than that non joker garbage piece of shite in the second batman film. I really hope he does his own thing. Bases it off a good joker or makes it original. I like the joker when he's done right. Hopefully that talentless moron Will Smith does'nt fuck it up with his egomania and nepotism. I really hope he does'nt try and shoehorn his grotesque, absolutely and utterly zero talent, pathetic, jokes of children in. Hopefully will smith gets removed or leaves. He'll wreck it if he's in it, unless brutally controlled. ----------------------------------- artuditu Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:18 pm ----------------------------------- Joel Kinnaman is playing Rick Flag in Suicide Squad The RoboCop star revealed he has taken over from Tom Hardy in David Ayer’s upcoming comic-book movie, alongside Will Smith, Jared Leto and Margot Robbie. http://home.bt.com/news/showbiz-news/joel-kinnaman-is-playing-rick-flag-in-suicide-squad-11363967312772 ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:38 pm ----------------------------------- Saw "Chappie" yesterday,I thought it was fantastic,yeah it borrows heavily from those that came before,But all to great effect.Go see it. ----------------------------------- Josh Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:12 pm ----------------------------------- Joel Kinnamans in it! So talented Yup. He's got a wonderful talent of looking bored and generic in every fucking role he plays. Seriously, he could be getting blown by the hottest woman on the planet and he still wouldn't smile if she slipped a finger up his ass. ----------------------------------- Fummelcop Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:53 pm ----------------------------------- Thatīs why he was allowed to play robocop. They should have made him wear the visor throughout the movie That would have been cool. But no, they wanted his talent to shine, whe all it takes is a pretty mouth, Visor and bulky tank like movement. ----------------------------------- artuditu Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:14 am ----------------------------------- Trailer for Ant-Man looks slick. Generic plot but well executed. http://photos.laineygossip.com/articles/ant-man-trailer-13apr15-07.JPG https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWxWZkS5b4w[/img] ----------------------------------- WeKilledYou Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:40 pm ----------------------------------- For a character and movie that initially held no interest for me, Antman looks like it should be pretty decent. ----------------------------------- ChAnOoD Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:57 pm ----------------------------------- For a character and movie that initially held no interest for me, Antman looks like it should be pretty decent. Iīd be interested if Ed Wright would be the director. Sad to see him go from the project. As for "comic adaptations", I want to see "Wilson", based on the Dan Clowes strip. Heīs one of my favourite artists, and this movie makes me want to go to see a comic book adaptation. I got tired and sick of the thousands of superhero flicks. Theyīre the new "zombies" (and I thought the zombie genre didnīt get that long in the past years). ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:06 am ----------------------------------- I liked the new Batman vs. Superman trailer. It finally seems like comic books movies are at the point where they don't have to hold the audiences hand and explain every single thing about a characters past in every movie and can tell a somewhat complex tale with multiple heros and villains cohesively, but we'll see. I have never been disappointed watching Batman kick Supermans ass so hopefully this doesn't break that long standing stream of joy. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:39 pm ----------------------------------- I'm still not thrilled by it. It's pretty much a wank-fest for "Dark Knight Returns" fans. I did like what we saw of Batman and Bruce Wayne, but I'm still not buying their vision of Superman (though my problem does not lie with Cavill). Lex's hair or wig, whichever it is, also doesn't really work for me. I'm not really fooling myself, I'll probably be seeing this on opening day, but after "Man of Steel", I don't have much faith in it. Oh, the "Suicide Squad" trailer sucked too. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:40 am ----------------------------------- To me it looks a lot better than the DARK KNIGHT trilogy. Maybe because they actually used a comic book as the basis for the design of the costume. And he looks like Batman. And it looks like he's finally gonna kick some ass instead of pussyfooting around and never catching the Joker and flirting with a shrimpy Bane. ----------------------------------- ChAnOoD Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:22 pm ----------------------------------- I'm still not thrilled by it. It's pretty much a wank-fest for "Dark Knight Returns" fans. I did like what we saw of Batman and Bruce Wayne, but I'm still not buying their vision of Superman (though my problem does not lie with Cavill). Lex's hair or wig, whichever it is, also doesn't really work for me. I'm not really fooling myself, I'll probably be seeing this on opening day, but after "Man of Steel", I don't have much faith in it. Oh, the "Suicide Squad" trailer sucked too. I think the same. Not impressed by "Suicide Squad", and "Batman V Superman" was ok. I donīt like the fact they borrow too many things from Millerīs book. Itīs like "they already did an animated version of the comic, so letīs change a few things here and there". Iīm more interested on "Deadpool". Stan Lee as a MC/DJ on a stripclub? Yes! :b ----------------------------------- RoboHell Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:56 pm ----------------------------------- To me it looks a lot better than the DARK KNIGHT trilogy. Maybe because they actually used a comic book as the basis for the design of the costume. And he looks like Batman. And it looks like he's finally gonna kick some ass instead of pussyfooting around and never catching the Joker and flirting with a shrimpy Bane. All of this and a bag of chips. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:40 am ----------------------------------- I was actually a little more intrigued by SS than Man v Man personally, but both seem a bit pants. Trailers were good and all, but I've long learned to not get my hopes up based on them. I gotta say while I'm still not crazy about the look of Leto's Joker, I think he'll deliver the goods performance wise. I hope so, anyway. I ain't ragging on those but honestly I got more moved seeing the Star Wars footage than either of the last two things I mentioned. Haven't checked Deadpool yet. Ash vs Evil Dead, now that's something I can get behind. Hell, I'd bend over and let it get behind me. Oh yeah. Otherwise, I'm mainly looking a bit closer - Towards the end of the year, Star Wars and The X-Files. The latter of which, BTW, looked pretty good for the 8 seconds we got of it, anyway. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:36 am ----------------------------------- To me it looks a lot better than the DARK KNIGHT trilogy. Maybe because they actually used a comic book as the basis for the design of the costume. And he looks like Batman. And it looks like he's finally gonna kick some ass instead of pussyfooting around and never catching the Joker and flirting with a shrimpy Bane. Oh, I agree with you on that. While I like the DK trilogy, it's nowhere near as good as most people make it out to be and I ABSOLUTELY welcome a more comic-book-styled Batman movie, as the DK movies strayed quite far from that. While I'm not a fan of the Bat-tank, I'm totally buying Batfleck as both the Caped Crusader and Bruce Wayne so far, Jeremy Irons looks like an interesting Alfred... I'm interested in this, just not thrilled and don't want to get my expectations high based on Snyder's previous movies. ----------------------------------- ChAnOoD Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:56 pm ----------------------------------- Jeremy Irons looks like an interesting Alfred... I always question myself one thing: why they donīt put a moustache to Alfred? Even when theyīre going for a more comic-booky direction, theyīre afraid of the īstache. Trailers were good and all, but I've long learned to not get my hopes up based on them. I think we accept those films right now. Some time ago it was "new", now you have the same kind of trailer for every single movie ever. Hey, here it comes a big explosion, cut to a sad/angry face, put a fight here, then a deep quote, add a joke if youīre going for a lighter directio and voila. I think Iīll go to watch both films, as I like Batman and a friend of mine wantīs to see Suicide Squad, but Iīm getting tired of superhero flicks. Ash vs Evil Dead, now that's something I can get behind. Hell, I'd bend over and let it get behind me. Oh yeah. I enjoyed the Comic Con pannel. Loved how Raimi and Campbell start to "fight" verbally at times, "hating" each other. And the series could be fun as well. Iīm sure Campbell will deliver. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:39 pm ----------------------------------- I think we accept those films right now. Some time ago it was "new", now you have the same kind of trailer for every single movie ever. Hey, here it comes a big explosion, cut to a sad/angry face, put a fight here, then a deep quote, add a joke if youīre going for a lighter directio and voila. I think Iīll go to watch both films, as I like Batman and a friend of mine wantīs to see Suicide Squad, but Iīm getting tired of superhero flicks. You said it, man. I'm honestly not really big into superhero stuff in the first place but yeah, it's all just rather tedious at this stage. Also said it about the 'stache. What gives with that? Bah. ----------------------------------- Edd 209 Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:53 am ----------------------------------- BvS just isn't doing it for me. Thought it would be a movie to look forward to, but just seems a movie about who can beat who. So after they have nearly killed each other they then decide to be best mates to form JL? I don't get it. Then WW has a bit to do in the movie it seems and she doesn't even feature in the title. TMNT2 - hoping this may be good but I know I will be disappointed again. Ant-Man - I wanted to watch it, looks fun, don't know anything about Ant-Man, but now just can't be bothered. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:51 am ----------------------------------- TMNT2 - hoping this may be good but I know I will be disappointed again. Same here. I'm one of the few people that actually didn't completely hate the first one. Yeah, the plot was pretty dumb (though the plots of the previous movies don't shine either) and it had Megan Fox... but from what I've seen so far, they're trying to improve on it and make amends for some of the mistakes in the first one. The Foot Clan are now actual ninjas for example (or atleast look like ones) and Bebop is spot-on! ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:02 pm ----------------------------------- As I said previously I try not to get worked up by trailers but Spectre looked pretty kickass.. ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:21 pm ----------------------------------- I'm looking forward to B VS. S just because we finally get a decent Batsuit. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:24 am ----------------------------------- I'm looking forward to B VS. S just because we finally get a decent Batsuit. Except for that logo on the chest :b ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:59 am ----------------------------------- I'm looking forward to B VS. S just because we finally get a decent Batsuit. Except for that logo on the chest :b Both suits are taken from The Dark Knight Returns, the storyline that was the impetus of this film... do you realize how big that is? For once they are basing not just one, but TWO Batman costumes on a specific comic book. Its completely unheard of. Yes, they aren't 100& accurate but they are 1000% better than anything since the Tim Burton movies. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:17 am ----------------------------------- I'm looking forward to B VS. S just because we finally get a decent Batsuit. Except for that logo on the chest :b Both suits are taken from The Dark Knight Returns, the storyline that was the impetus of this film... do you realize how big that is? For once they are basing not just one, but TWO Batman costumes on a specific comic book. Its completely unheard of. Yes, they aren't 100& accurate but they are 1000% better than anything since the Tim Burton movies. I'm not disagreeing with you on that. It's just that even in TDKR (which I've never been a huge fan of) the chest logo looks much better. There's also a third suit in the movie, judging from the trailer. I'm all for a comic-booky costume and I like what I'm seeing so far. My only gripe with the suit is the bat emblem. Heck, they even made the cowl arch over to the shoulders again, which is something I really wanted!! ----------------------------------- ChAnOoD Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:18 pm ----------------------------------- So after they have nearly killed each other they then decide to be best mates to form JL? I don't get it. If you read comics, itīs always the same. I usually donīt like crossovers īcause itīs the same thing over and over: X character meets Y character, they fight on a lot of pages and after that they thought "Wait a minute. Wasnīt The World going to explode or something?" so they work together. One of the last crossovers I bought was the Judge Dredd/Batman one, a paperback edition which includes like 3 or 4 different stories. The first one is funny, because that was new, and Alan Grant has a sense of humour, but the rest of them itīs the same: Dredd gets angry bacause thereīs a dude dressed as a Bat punching baddies, they donīt like each other, they beat each other and then go together to fight baddies. Both suits are taken from The Dark Knight Returns, the storyline that was the impetus of this film... do you realize how big that is? For once they are basing not just one, but TWO Batman costumes on a specific comic book. Its completely unheard of. Yes, they aren't 100& accurate but they are 1000% better than anything since the Tim Burton movies. I donīt have any problems with the logo. Batman on Millerīs book is HUGE, so the chest emblem fits him. I always prefer the black bat over the yellow oval one. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:30 pm ----------------------------------- One of the last crossovers I bought was the Judge Dredd/Batman one, a paperback edition which includes like 3 or 4 different stories. The first one is funny, because that was new, and Alan Grant has a sense of humour, but the rest of them itīs the same: Dredd gets angry bacause thereīs a dude dressed as a Bat punching baddies, they donīt like each other, they beat each other and then go together to fight baddies. The best superhero crossover books I've read are "Batman & Captain America" and "Superman/Batman: Generations" (both by John Byrne). Highly recommend checking those out. I have all of the Bats/Dredd crossovers (though I haven't read the 2-parter with Joker yet), but I seem to remember that in the first of the sequels ("Vendetta in Gotham", I believe), they actually came up with a pretty good reason for Dredd to fight Bats, even though they'd already worked together in "Judgement on Gotham". ----------------------------------- Edd 209 Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:52 am ----------------------------------- So after they have nearly killed each other they then decide to be best mates to form JL? I don't get it. If you read comics, itīs always the same. I usually donīt like crossovers īcause itīs the same thing over and over: X character meets Y character, they fight on a lot of pages and after that they thought "Wait a minute. Wasnīt The World going to explode or something?" so they work together. Lol, and there was me thinking they were going to make something a bit more extoardinary :nothanks: :ohdear: :lol: ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:45 am ----------------------------------- Lol, and there was me thinking they were going to make something a bit more extoardinary :nothanks: :ohdear: :lol: Watching Batman face off against any competitor that outclasses him is usually pretty extraordinary to me. I can't think of a time I haven't enjoyed seeing Batman fight Superman, with my favorite moments being in Hush and Red Son. I also like most of Batman's other crossovers. Judge Dredd was already mentioned and I like those a lot, but Batman vs. Predator is my favorite. The Batman vs. Spawn that was done by Frank Miller and Todd McFarlane is also highly enjoyable, but not really 'good' in the traditional sense... ----------------------------------- ChAnOoD Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:32 am ----------------------------------- Lol, and there was me thinking they were going to make something a bit more extoardinary :nothanks: :ohdear: :lol: Watching Batman face off against any competitor that outclasses him is usually pretty extraordinary to me. I can't think of a time I haven't enjoyed seeing Batman fight Superman, with my favorite moments being in Hush and Red Son. I also like most of Batman's other crossovers. Judge Dredd was already mentioned and I like those a lot, but Batman vs. Predator is my favorite. The Batman vs. Spawn that was done by Frank Miller and Todd McFarlane is also highly enjoyable, but not really 'good' in the traditional sense... I think in Dark Knight Returns works fine because itīs only a small part of the whole series, and Miller develops the Superman character as a Government tool, while Batman acts for himself. I donīt remember the fight on "Hush", but I enjoyed "Red Son" (and thatīs a good thing because I donīt like Superman). As for "Batman/Spawn", I read both versions (The Miller/McFarlane & the DC one), but wasnīt impressed by them. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:34 pm ----------------------------------- I also like most of Batman's other crossovers. Judge Dredd was already mentioned and I like those a lot, but Batman vs. Predator is my favorite. The Batman vs. Spawn that was done by Frank Miller and Todd McFarlane is also highly enjoyable, but not really 'good' in the traditional sense... Oh, man! The first "Batman vs Predator" was awesome! The second one - "Bloodmatch", not nearly as much. And I REALLY hated the Spawn crossover ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:19 am ----------------------------------- In 'Hush' Superman gets possessed by Poison Ivy, goes on a rampage, and then Batman punches him in the face with a kyrptonite ring to knock off Ivy's spell. Miller's Batman vs. Spawn is just a hilarious read. No plot really, just Batman and Spawn calling each other 'punk' for page after page. The art is nice though. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:11 pm ----------------------------------- The art is nice though. If there's one thing McFarlane can draw, it's capes! ----------------------------------- RoboJOF Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:36 am ----------------------------------- I know its been said somewhere, but I look forward to see Mark Hamill on the silver screen as Luke Skywalker again. Star Wars movies can come and go, but Mark Hamill's return to the franchise is long overdue! ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:04 am ----------------------------------- Well, I think it would be a given almost everyone on here is looking forward to seeing the new Star Wars. That said, it does look more and more awesome with every bit of new stuff they've put out, I'm hardly a big Star Wars dude and I am certainly psyched for it. :) ----------------------------------- artuditu Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:44 am ----------------------------------- Well, I think it would be a given almost everyone on here is looking forward to seeing the new Star Wars. That said, it does look more and more awesome with every bit of new stuff they've put out, I'm hardly a big Star Wars dude and I am certainly psyched for it. :) I'm a star wars fan and I have the feeling everyone is over-hyping the new film, as if they learnt nothing from 1999. Episode I back then looked absolutely awesome from the trailers. We know very little about the new story, which is something good but also should prevent us from judging the movie. Everyone is having absolute faith in this film with little proof, probably just because they feel the change of directing style (which is obvious visually) will guarantee a good movie. That is not enough for me, in fact I think Episode I trailers back in 1999 looked more impressive and marvelous for its time. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:47 pm ----------------------------------- I'm a star wars fan and I have the feeling everyone is over-hyping the new film, as if they learnt nothing from 1999. Episode I back then looked absolutely awesome from the trailers. We know very little about the new story, which is something good but also should prevent us from judging the movie. Everyone is having absolute faith in this film with little proof, probably just because they feel the change of directing style (which is obvious visually) will guarantee a good movie. That is not enough for me, in fact I think Episode I trailers back in 1999 looked more impressive and marvelous for its time. Very good points. The near totally blind and unilateral love is rather trying. I myself am psyched but still a bit reserved, then again I'm usually like that, that and it's hard for me to be over-psyched as I'm not that big into Star Wars as I said. I'm not worried for a repeat of Episode 1 (though I understand anyone having that concern, I remember that shit, too) - I'm actually more worried that the new stuff will have too much of J.J.'s feel and tone to it, which may not translate well for this particular film/franchise. Yeah he's done good stuff but that alone doesn't guarantee anything good as you pointed out and in fact can work against it. That said, it cannot be worse than Lucas' work, that I think can be said for sure. Anyway, again, everything looks pretty good so far. We indeed don't know much in terms of story but I think that's more a good thing really. That was a sort of problem with the prequels - We knew how those had to go in some form or other so in a sense they were a bit fucked from the start, not so much the case here. As always, we'll see how it goes. Now, this is a bit off topic since it's a TV show and not a film, but I AM trying hard to avoid being over-psyched about the upcoming X-Files miniseries. Again, what I've seen and heard is pretty awesome, but I'm a fan so it's tough staying objective really. I gotta admit it's a bit corny having so many folks from the old series back, but fuck it, it's kickass too, plus some new names that I think will be good additions. We're in a period in life now that I think lends itself to a show like that, that said, we don't know anything much in terms of story on that one either, so we'll see how that plays out. All-told I am looking forward to it a lot though. ----------------------------------- RoboJOF Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:47 pm ----------------------------------- Good points about anticipating the hype, Stan and artu, but I have to say, anymore when a movie sequel or remake comes out, I get all excited just because its another opportunity to get drawn back into the content that I love. For me its like an event to look forward to, so even though there will be elements that don't win me over, I still turn out for the event. J.J. Abrams has been involved in a lot of popular and successful stuff (no doubt this is the reason they chose him) and sometimes that is cause for concern. I think that you should chose a person that has a vested interest or love for the material in any aspect of the production (right down to actors, writers, directors, etc) because they are more likely to put forth their best work and to interpret things the way a fan would. But we all know how the movie industry is a game of numbers. They will back a horse that's winning before going out on a limb with someone unknown. The funny thing is, Star Wars, like many other great films (Robocop included) became famous because of contributors who were not leading in the industry. So it proves that a good film isn't dependent on the largest grossing production company any more than the most recognizable actors that sometimes get cast. I also like going with someone who is new. This gives them a place in the industry and gives the fans someone new to connect with. I love Harrison Ford as well, and will always think of him as Han Solo, but sometimes when actors are cast in multiple films, the performances seem hard to tease apart from each other. I sometimes think that getting someone different for roles would make the performances more unique. But if you are only trying to sell the movie, it makes sense why the companies stick with popular or current actors when they do movies. I liked Episode 1 because of some of the actors who took part in the new series (Liam Neeson was very good). Lucas' contribution of story may have been less than expected, but after all, he did give us the original three movies, so I give him his freedom to interpret things in his own way. I also liked the X-Files show (the movie they did in the 90s was good too). I wouldn't mind seeing some more of that series happen. I am sure that there would be a lot of new fans too. ----------------------------------- RoboHell Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:55 pm ----------------------------------- Watched some star wars nuts film themselves watching the official trailer....most started crying.... they were crying watching a fucking trailer. I hope its a good movie, I like Star Wars...would love to see it return its original glory again, but lets calm the fuck down people. Still, it will break all the records and all the toys will be bought if its good or bad...so we got more movies coming no matter how it turns out. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:24 am ----------------------------------- I was one of the people who weren't quite sure if they wanter more "Star Wars". And when the first trailer hit, I wasn't convinced either. It was the second one that got me hyped. I am, ofcourse, worried that they might ruin some part of the magic, by killing off a familiar character, for example (which is almost always the cheapest way to get attention and I think it's just downright wrong in most cases to kill a character you didn't create) or for it having too much shaky cam, lens flare and so on. Abrams' "Star Trek" was shot horribly in my opinion. However, seeing rebel pilots and X-Wings and practical effects... I can't help but get excited. Yeah, I got my tickets already, which speaks how excited I am, but at the same time, I'm still somewhat worried that it might end up being bad in terms of story. As for sequels, spin-offs and so on - those are happening, like it or not. For all the milking that could be done with old material alone, Disney isn't going to let it sit there. And what worries me is that they might try to go for quantity over quality... ----------------------------------- RoboJOF Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:03 pm ----------------------------------- You are right about that, Fan. Disney did not waste any time cashing in on the Star Wars merchandise. I swear I have seen some of the most ridiculous shit with Star Wars characters on it. Wouldn't it be funny if Disney decided to change its name to OCP? ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:14 am ----------------------------------- We'll come off the obvious Star Wars machine (though that's danger close for sure now) and I'll say that X-Files keeps looking better and better to me, though again, I have a bit rose-colored spectacles there. Saw the trailer for the Independence Day sequel as well earlier. It looks alright. Some people are making a stink about no Will Smith but it's no big deal to me - We still got Pullman, Goldblum and Hirsch in there. I'm fine with that. ----------------------------------- RoboHell Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:51 pm ----------------------------------- Yeah, it looks ok and Pullman has got nice beard going on. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:27 pm ----------------------------------- The trailer looks decent enough. I hope that the movie will be watchable at the very least. ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:16 pm ----------------------------------- Bobby D in what looks like a funny role! Hope it is good. Looks good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ctaXQbEqIM ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:27 pm ----------------------------------- A trailer for the new Ghostbusters hit the web. And I already hate the characters. Seriously, I wasn't a fan of the idea of an all-female GB team to begin with, but the trailer makes all of them look annoying and far from funny. Atleast the ghosts seemed neat. In other news: https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlf1/t31.0-8/12795146_10153267484601268_6348853145524472499_o.jpg The first shot of the Power Rangers from the upcoming new movie. Can't wait to see what they've done with the suits. Hopefully, this won't try to be dark and edgy. I'm not saying it should be completely like the TV series, no problem with it trying to be more serious in tone, but it shouldn't go beyond "Pacific Rim" level of dark and serious. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:09 am ----------------------------------- A trailer for the new Ghostbusters hit the web. And I already hate the characters. Seriously, I wasn't a fan of the idea of an all-female GB team to begin with, but the trailer makes all of them look annoying and far from funny. Atleast the ghosts seemed neat. Pretty much the same here. Admittedly the trailer was better than I was expecting but only by a bit and that isn't saying much TBH. I'll certainly check it proper in due course but what I saw really did not better my opinion much. ----------------------------------- artuditu Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:25 am ----------------------------------- I watched the GB trailer just after reading you guys here. Indeed it looks bad, but my smallest concern was the female cast, I think the ghosts are what is really failing in there, they look terrible CGI, TV-quality, with that obvious and boring blue or green glow, they lack any personality. We are gonna miss more than ever practical effects, puppets, stop-motion, etc. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:38 pm ----------------------------------- I watched the GB trailer just after reading you guys here. Indeed it looks bad, but my smallest concern was the female cast, I think the ghosts are what is really failing in there, they look terrible CGI, TV-quality, with that obvious and boring blue or green glow, they lack any personality. We are gonna miss more than ever practical effects, puppets, stop-motion, etc. From the trailer, I like the visual tone of the actual film alright, but I agree with you on the ghost effects - Many people were praising that, while like you, I hardly see it as anything all that fantastic. One of the more negative comments said they seemed like some PS1-era cutscene graphics, to which I think they had a point. This all before other, frankly problematic, elements of this film which don't help make it less of a screaming gimmick of some psuedo-social argument wrapped in a nostalgic sausage skin. :roll: On a side-note - Honestly, I'm like you artu - I really miss practical effects anyway; Even the best CGI today, though I like and even enjoy, still lacks dynamically to 'real' practical methods. ED, RoboCAIN, original Terminators and so forth still remain impressive for their unfailing ability to have and show true depth. Back to topic, though.. Batman V Superman trailers have looked pretty good.. Still not too hip on it but it's starting to grow on me a bit. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:04 pm ----------------------------------- Back to topic, though.. Batman V Superman trailers have looked pretty good.. Still not too hip on it but it's starting to grow on me a bit. The latest trailer definitely seemed better than the one that came before that. I like what I'm seeing of Batman. What I don't like is the dark tone Snyder's approaching Superman with. The lack of color and the destruction porn also REALLY bug me. I'll be seeing it at an advance screening on March 22nd, but I'm not expecting much. And you guys know who Bat-crazy I am. If this can't get me excited, there's gotta be something wrong with it :lol: As for practical effects - it's a lost art, unfortunately. I'd take crappy and stiff practical effects over CG any day. Well... almost any day. I don't mind CG if it's done right and used for the right reasons. But the problem is it's everywhere now. It's obvious and distracting. Mad Max: Fury Road also had CG elements. Did they bother me? No, because they didn't stick out and they were used where needed. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:16 pm ----------------------------------- I'm definitely excited for Batman vs. Superman... after a string of boring movie from both Batman and Superman this seems to be a good way to get them back on track. Do we need yet another 2 hour long origin for each character? Hell no! There's a reason both of their origins were only a page long in the 40's. Everyone knows who they are... now show me them bashing their brains out for a while before the inevitable team up. Some say less is more... not in this case. The more characters and action scenes they shove in the better. Also I'm glad they got a good batsuit and someone who looks good in it. Affleck got the chin for it. Who cares how he is at playing Bruce Wayne? It's a Batman movie after all... and it's looking like a good one for once! ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:45 pm ----------------------------------- A trailer for "Batman Unlimited 3: Mechs vs Mutants" was just realeased. And it looks AWESOME!!... That is, if you can accept the goofiness and craziness of the "Batman Unlimited" franchise. The whole thing is based on Mattel's toyline of the same name, which features hyperbolized and over-the-top designs and things you wouldn't expect Batman to have (Robo T-Rex and robotic Ace the Bat...wolf?). It's sheer kid-friendly awesomeness that spawned a bunch of animated shorts and two movies - "Animal Instincts" and "Monster Mayhem", the second of which, I thought was great and the first one also being more fun than pretty much every other DC cartoon in the past few years. The new movie takes it to a whole new level as villains are turned gigantic and Batman and his pals fight them using giant robots! Think of it as "Pacific Rim: The Batman Edition" or any other mecha/kaiju movie or anime. Yeah, it's not what most people think when they hear "Batman", but it just looks FUN! :D Here's the trailer: https://vimeo.com/173569184?ref=fb-share ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:39 pm ----------------------------------- Think of it as "Pacific Rim: The Batman Edition" or any other mecha/kaiju movie or anime. Yeah, it's not what most people think when they hear "Batman", but it just looks FUN! :D Well, considering the latest run of the Batman comic had Jim Gordon becoming Batman and piloting an anime-style Batmech, that doesn't sound too far off from what Batman is. And that's nothing compared to what was going on in the 50's. Who can forget the classic adventure where Batman had to wear a different color costume every night? I know a lot of people think Batman means dark and gritty and bleak, but the sillier side is just a big a part of it. This new film looks downright badass compared to some of the more embarrassing adventures Batman has participated it. And it looks like a heck of a film regardless. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:44 am ----------------------------------- Well, considering the latest run of the Batman comic had Jim Gordon becoming Batman and piloting an anime-style Batmech, that doesn't sound too far off from what Batman is. And that's nothing compared to what was going on in the 50's. Who can forget the classic adventure where Batman had to wear a different color costume every night? I know a lot of people think Batman means dark and gritty and bleak, but the sillier side is just a big a part of it. This new film looks downright badass compared to some of the more embarrassing adventures Batman has participated it. And it looks like a heck of a film regardless. Indeed! In a time where most things tend to be "dark and edgy" and silliness is rarely considered, it's a breath of fresh air to see something like this. Same reason why I loved "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" so much. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:52 pm ----------------------------------- In a time where most things tend to be "dark and edgy" and silliness is rarely considered, it's a breath of fresh air to see something like this. Did you miss the part where I said Gordon becomes Batman? In an anime-style mech suit?? In the regular Batman comic??? Batman never stopped being silly, if you think that's a breath of fresh air you just have been looking in the right places. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:28 am ----------------------------------- In a time where most things tend to be "dark and edgy" and silliness is rarely considered, it's a breath of fresh air to see something like this. Did you miss the part where I said Gordon becomes Batman? In an anime-style mech suit?? In the regular Batman comic??? Batman never stopped being silly, if you think that's a breath of fresh air you just have been looking in the right places. No, no. I know what you mean. I have the issues too, just haven't had the chance to read through most of them. Appleseed Batman is what I call him. But I don't find it exactly "silly". By "silly" I mean "Superfriends" type stuff. Robo Bat-Gordon or not, the majority of the Batman stuff I've seen in recent years is a bit overly violent and lacking finesse in my opinion. A single silly Batsuit or a few good stories here and there doesn't change that for me. And that's why I find the Unlimited movies such a breath of fresh air. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:54 am ----------------------------------- 5 newly released teaser posters for the upcoming Power Rangers movie reboot. https://scontent.fsof2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/s960x960/13693020_10153546472416268_1148963355660515034_o.jpg ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:43 am ----------------------------------- Kinda meh... who cares what they look like as people? WE WANT THE MASKS!!! It seems like they bungled the reveal of the costumes and now are purposefully avoiding using them in promo material. But it just makes it look boring. And if anything, this just reinforces how much this is gonna be a Power Rangers origin movie... which sounds painful. We are talking about a movie based on property that's sole purpose was the squeeze a few bucks out of the mangled remains of a Japanese children's show, not a piece of high literature. The intricate storylines have never been the main draw. We want big ass monsters getting the shit kicked out of them by teenage martial artists in colorful costumes and sometimes giant robots, not some shlocky teenage drama about the bonds of friendship and shit. Between introducing and developing these five characters and probably trying to do the same with the blobby face in a jar guy and the silly robot AND talk of doing the same with the Green Ranger too I got to wonder how much time that leaves for the lengthy monster vs robot brawls that were always the main draw of the series. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:29 am ----------------------------------- Monster fights will be present for sure as there are on-set photos of the Ranger suits in action against green-suited stuntmen who will be CGIed over, so I'm at least thankful for that. I was afraid they might jump directly to a giant robot fight which would've been a mistake. Shlocky teenage drama, unfortunately, is probably part of the deal. I remember early on there were rewrites since Saban wasn't pleased with a "making-out-on-top-of-a-car" scene and a few things like that. Sure they should stress teamwork, that's the entire thing of the franchise, but also not forget that it's an action movie too. I was hoping that if they want it to be a bit more edgy they'd go the Pacific Rim route - have it be somewhat serious, but not dark and not go overboard with the characters themselves, since the mechs and monsters are the stars. I hope the suits get enough screen time and action and I hope the zords don't look like crap. As for the suits themselves, the Red one definitely looked better in the on-set photos than it did in the official press photo, so I hope they'll look good in action, even though I'm not really thrilled by the designs. At this point, I think it's pretty safe to say that Rita obviously is/was the Green Ranger, so I could see an ending/post-credits scene that introduces Tommy. But one of the most important things about this movie - it NEEDS to have the theme-song! And not some watered-down version - it needs the drums, the guitars and the Go Go! ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:40 am ----------------------------------- In light of the recent Comic Con stuff, I am really looking forward to basically all the Superhero stuff. JLA movie looks decent, Wonder Woman trailer really impressed me by being a WWI movie, and all the Netflix Marvel stuff is looking great. They are adding Superman to the Supergirl show which I think is a brilliant decision. And then there are the Infinity War movies, of course. Even if everything I mentioned is just mediocre, that is still awesome! When I was a kid comic books were all about gimmicks and the movies were looked at as jokes. Then when X-Men came out all the sudden there are more and more comic book movies and shows and look where we are today! Over-saturated? Absolutely, but that is the point. In the comic book industry not every comic is A-list. Most readers don't read everything, you pick your few favorites and might check out the other stuff now and again. Each issue is not meant to be a masterpiece, and really a true opus comic only comes out every few years. So why not look at the comic industry the same? So while not one of these films or shows has me watering at the mouth, I look forward to watching each and every one of them at some point. ----------------------------------- WeKilledYou Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:21 pm ----------------------------------- So 93, what are your thoughts on the full trailer? They show a lot more this time around. You get to see Cranston/Zordon which I actually liked along with Alpha and the command center. Apparently Rita makes her minions out of what she finds, so the putties are made of rock and concrete and Goldar is made entirely of gold. :? ----------------------------------- Edd 209 Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:13 pm ----------------------------------- Really intrigued with Power Rangers. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:37 pm ----------------------------------- Never was into Power Rangers and indeed still ain't.. The upcoming film.. bah. It's looking pretty good at least. Otherwise, not much upcoming catching my fancy.. Blade Runner sequel and a couple other things. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:36 pm ----------------------------------- Well, aside from the fact that it looks like a generic CG-fest for the most part, I'm happy with the Power Rangers trailer. It's nothing unique, but it's not pissing me off, which, at this point, I'm more than happy with. The suits look really good in action. That shot of Billy kicking the Putty was terrific! That first press photo that was released really didn't do the suits justice. Megazord and Goldar designs were already spoiled from the toys and both are bad, bordering on "Meh". I wouldn't be happy with Goldar ending up being nothing more than a mindless grunt. He does resemble Megazord a lot though, so there might be something bigger to that. I'm not even excluding the idea that it's Dragonzord underneath all that gold, as Rita is now quite clearly the Green Ranger and the Goldar toy comes with a mini Rita that can "pilot" him. The Putties...look better in toy form frankly, but I don't mind them too much. However there seems to be a lot more than just space putty put into them this time around. Zordon is an interesting re-design. I like it. It's still a giant head, yet it brings something new. Alpha is neat as well. The toy and the concept art didn't convince me, but he seems better in motion and I like the voice. Hopefully he'll go "Ay-ay-ay" at some point. The Rangers themselves look like decent actors. But once again, this is Power Rangers, so I'm not going in there looking for good acting. I'm looking for action. The idea of them being troublemakers is something different, that Power Rangers has barely done, so it could work out. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of their visors being open during the Zord battle. I don't mind the helmets being able to open up, but the masks need to have proper screen time. Music selection for the trailer was beyond horrible. No guitar riffs (except for the Go Go jingle in the end)... I'd have gladly taken a more "self-aware" trailer that had Snap's "The Power" over Kanye any day. What worries me a bit is that it's probably going to be under 2 hours, and since it's an origin story, I hope they don't waste two thirds of the movie with the teens not even morphing. And finally, again, this is "Power Rangers" - it needs COLOUR! it needs ACTION and it needs A THEME SONG! (the Go Go jingle in the trailer is nice, but I need more). Rumour has it this thing is chock-full of PR lore and references, so I hope it's gonna be good in the story department too... If it fails... well, there's still the TV show. Season 24 just started :D ----------------------------------- Edd 209 Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:25 am ----------------------------------- Never was into Power Rangers and indeed still ain't.. The upcoming film.. bah. It's looking pretty good at least. Otherwise, not much upcoming catching my fancy.. Blade Runner sequel and a couple other things. Here's hoping Blade Runner will be up to scratch. ----------------------------------- artuditu Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:08 am ----------------------------------- Looks like last 'Ghost in the shell' is heavily borrowing elements from Robocop for Motko Kusanagi character, cyborg with a blurred identity of his past. Now I'm doubting if the original anime had already those elements, I thought she was a robot, not a cyborg, maybe in the manga or the sequels her human life was developed. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:38 am ----------------------------------- Looks like last 'Ghost in the shell' is heavily borrowing elements from Robocop for Motko Kusanagi character, cyborg with a blurred identity of his past. Sure seems like that a bit doesn't it? Bah, still looking to check it as well, though, eh, I don't know. Just can't get quite as hyped about it as I think I should.. or something of that sort. ----------------------------------- artuditu Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:58 pm ----------------------------------- Looks like last 'Ghost in the shell' is heavily borrowing elements from Robocop for Motko Kusanagi character, cyborg with a blurred identity of his past. Sure seems like that a bit doesn't it? Bah, still looking to check it as well, though, eh, I don't know. Just can't get quite as hyped about it as I think I should.. or something of that sort. I feel the same, it arrives late to be hyped, I'd be more intrigued if I didn't know about the original. But also, Scarlett Johansson is not working at all for me, and I'm not talking about that whitewashing controversy (isn't it a paradox the anime manga characters look westerners?), it's just I find her flat and bland in the trailers. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:21 pm ----------------------------------- But also, Scarlett Johansson is not working at all for me, and I'm not talking about that whitewashing controversy (isn't it a paradox the anime manga characters look westerners?), it's just I find her flat and bland in the trailers. There's also that.. maybe not not working for me as much, but still, definitely not seeming all that dynamic. In all honestly I kinda felt that way about her in Lucy, much as I still liked it. Bah, mainly just sitting here 'til new Stranger Things comes out... in six fucking months. Until then.. Bah again. ----------------------------------- artuditu Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:52 pm ----------------------------------- Looking forward to watching Blade Runner 2049, but VERY skeptical about it to be honest. The trailers haven't told me much about the movie, and Harrison Ford in a t-shirt looks a bit out of place. I'm curious about Nolan's Dunkirk, they showed a bit at CinemaCon and they said it caused a big impression. And despite not liking the 90's miniseries, I found the first "It" trailer very well done. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:14 pm ----------------------------------- Looking forward to watching Blade Runner 2049, but VERY skeptical about it to be honest. The trailers haven't told me much about the movie, and Harrison Ford in a t-shirt looks a bit out of place. Lol at that last part. :lol: You're on-point though. I'm really looking forward to it but trying REAL hard to temper my excitement. As I said elsewhere, near impossible to continue on from something so excellent already. I have faith, but aside from visual aesthetic - which I'll say does look proper - Yeah not much to tell. I suppose we'll see. I'm curious about Nolan's Dunkirk, they showed a bit at CinemaCon and they said it caused a big impression. Same here. Another one I'm tempering myself with. Of course I always do that with anything involving historical subjects anyway. That and it sounds a bit different, I've heard Nolan say it's 'not really a war film' and such. Hmm. Nonetheless, again, we'll see. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:21 am ----------------------------------- OMG they finally release the trailer for a movie I've been waiting on for years! Check it out here: *hoots nonrefundable ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:24 pm ----------------------------------- Can't wait for the dark tower. IT will also be out the week of the weekend of the Dallas screening wiht Weller. May be worth watching in texas with some other lugs. ----------------------------------- AceAlive1 Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:50 pm ----------------------------------- IT sequel in the works.... but the momenteum will probably have worn off http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/25/it-sequel-release-date-announced ----------------------------------- RoboJOF Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:01 am ----------------------------------- I saw Blade Runner 2049 over the weekend (perhaps this is part of a different thread) and I enjoyed it for the nostalgia. I did think that it was a little "too big for its britches" as stories go. No spoilers, but I think the producers should have avoided the modern movie temptation to create epic stories that have too many subplots, factions, backstories, etc. and just tell a straight up story of good vs. evil. Tone down the peripheral noise and focus on the hero and his mission. Check it out for yourselves or let me know what you think. JOF ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:04 pm ----------------------------------- ^ Yeah I think that would be best in 'what you watched lately'. Anyway, forgot to post this the other week but still quite late to the party here. Nonetheless, this looks bitchin'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jit3YhGx5pU ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:00 pm ----------------------------------- Just wanna chime in about one movie I'm NOT looking forward to: Justice League. After Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad I told myself to reserve all judgement on the movie until I see it, good or bad. But damn, the more I see of it, the more it really looks like shit. I liked BvS more than most and held out on writing Justice League off for a long time, but sadly I can't hold back anymore. Justice League is totally gonna suck major bounceyballs. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:42 pm ----------------------------------- Just wanna chime in about one movie I'm NOT looking forward to: Justice League. After Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad I told myself to reserve all judgement on the movie until I see it, good or bad. But damn, the more I see of it, the more it really looks like shit. I liked BvS more than most and held out on writing Justice League off for a long time, but sadly I can't hold back anymore. Justice League is totally gonna suck major bounceyballs. Sad, but true. You all know what a huge Batnerd I am and if a Justice League movie can't get me hyped then there's something wrong with it. I like the casting, I don't mind the suits, some shots do look pretty neat. And the rest looks like a hot CG mess of a film - pretty much the same thing that was BvS. I'll see it, sure, but I'm probably going to hate it. ----------------------------------- AceAlive1 Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:05 am ----------------------------------- the latest star wars is a first night movie for me. its going to be really good, i can't wait to see it ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:42 pm ----------------------------------- I got my ticket for a double-feature screening on the 14th - Episode VII followed by VIII. I hope it won't disappoint. I wasn't a fan of "The Force Awakens", but that one was so rushed I hope it won't be the template for the sequels. "Rogue One" was proof we can have good new Star Wars movies, so I'm hopeful. ----------------------------------- AceAlive1 Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:17 pm ----------------------------------- I got my ticket for a double-feature screening on the 14th - Episode VII followed by VIII. I hope it won't disappoint. I wasn't a fan of "The Force Awakens", but that one was so rushed I hope it won't be the template for the sequels. "Rogue One" was proof we can have good new Star Wars movies, so I'm hopeful. rogue one was a "oh shit, we should have been 5 films ahead of this by now" prequel. ----------------------------------- RoboJOF Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:26 am ----------------------------------- I am psyched about the new Star Wars movie too. I was glad to see Mark Hamill reprising his role of Luke. I am glad that they are continuing with the characters from the classic trilogy (its too bad they hadn't done these ones sooner). Anyway, I thought that Luke would have a bigger part in Force Awakens, but even with the short intro at the end of the movie. I am excited to see how it plays out. So far they have balanced some of the plots well. I wasn't too convinced by the villain character Snoke, but Kylo Ren was a cool tortured character (Adam Driver plays this character well). I still love the classic trilogy the most. Return of the Jedi is my favorite (I was young when it came out and I remember seeing it). What about you? ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:03 am ----------------------------------- Y'all seen the trailer for this new Spiderman: Spiderverse movie? I haven't read the comic it is based on, have heard mixed things but it's certainly a marketable idea, and having an animated Spiderman movie in theaters is pretty exciting. The trailer wasn't too mind blowing, pretty short and it's still a year away, but this is the kind of thing I would totally go out and see. Glad to see them doing something positive with the Spidey franchise for once. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:53 pm ----------------------------------- Yeah, the trailer looked quite decent actually. I'm a pretty casual fan when it comes to Spider-man, but this has potential. ----------------------------------- Steve Freeling Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:21 am ----------------------------------- Thought I'd breathe some life back into this thread. I'm really excited for Makoto Shinkai's Weathering With You which is arriving Stateside, both dubbed and subbed, in a few weeks.