----------------------------------- POCOBOR Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:13 pm Official Omnicorp site UPDATE ----------------------------------- Heading up to the Comicon panel, we have finally got some activity from the Omnicorp site. Check it out for info on products like ED-209 and the EM-280 Drone as well as the new gun and bike. Info on the RC-2000, RoboCop himself, is still left hidden however. http://www.omnicorp.com/ Be sure and click the MENU button. ----------------------------------- gowett Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:38 pm ----------------------------------- Damn :shock: :D I like it! ----------------------------------- Archive Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:52 pm ----------------------------------- Wow, an update. :shock: They are really going full on with that corporate website design I see. ----------------------------------- RoboHell Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:57 pm ----------------------------------- Wow...I have to admit I’m getting pretty excited about it, what an improvement since they first launched it, the worker next to ED is pretty funny and the other civilians are cracking me up. Though they kept the basic concept of ED, it’s a little too busy for me. The details on each product is really cool...I can't wait until we get a teaser trailer and some official pics! ----------------------------------- IlyaG Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:07 pm ----------------------------------- ED-209 design has been re-worked to address what people complained about: too much random shit hanging off it. It's now a more sleak, more simple design, much more similar to the one from the original film. I really like the change, it's WAY better than what they showed before. Too bad it's too late for them to change the Robo suit, but at least we got SOMETHING for all our whining. ----------------------------------- Rick Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:55 pm ----------------------------------- The sound bites on the website from Raymond Sellars would make a fantastic teaser campaign. Imagine seeing him speaking his short motivational speech to camera, before he grins and we jump to a black screen with "Feb 2014" on it. They could have another few characters from the movie doing something similar. A great way to introduce the characters and give an idea of the film. ----------------------------------- CAIN MKII Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:17 pm ----------------------------------- Boy the new ED209 sux a ton. What a lame design ----------------------------------- POCOBOR Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:19 pm ----------------------------------- The sound bites on the website from Raymond Sellars would make a fantastic teaser campaign. Imagine seeing him speaking his short motivational speech to camera, before he grins and we jump to a black screen with "Feb 2014" on it. They could have another few characters from the movie doing something similar. A great way to introduce the characters and give an idea of the film. Sound bites?? I guess I can't access that on the mobile site. I'll have to wait til I get home. Sounds interesting. ----------------------------------- Rick Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:43 pm ----------------------------------- Sorry, not sound bites, I meant the little written paragraphs dotted about the site. There's no sound on there. But if they had the actors making these little 15 second teasers and had them on TV and in cinemas over the next few months it would be a great campaign for the movie. Well, I think so anyway! ----------------------------------- POCOBOR Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:49 pm ----------------------------------- Sorry, not sound bites, I meant the little written paragraphs dotted about the site. There's no sound on there. But if they had the actors making these little 15 second teasers and had them on TV and in cinemas over the next few months it would be a great campaign for the movie. Well, I think so anyway! Oh I see what you mean. Yeah I think that'd be an effective viral campaign. Especially if they didn't mention RoboCop, just OMNICORP. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:51 pm ----------------------------------- I agree with CAIN about the ED, its kinda weak. Sure I understand going for more sleek and less exposed hardware but I think they may have taken a few more liberties than I care for here, much like the new suit. I don't hate it though, it's alright. Just feel that it probably could have been better. I would like to keep an open mind and see it in action though before I get too worked up. That said, I love the site setup and look - all those menacing military-type products next to the smiling stock models is a real hoot. I agree with Archive that some parts of it look sketchy but I agree that it is probably that way on purpose. For the most part, the site has some of that absurd satirical tone reminiscent of the original, and I'm happy and proud of that - I hope this is a good indicator for the movie. I look forward to more. :) ----------------------------------- Officer Igor Antunes Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:29 am ----------------------------------- The context is real nice indeed, but i think the site is amateurish. They haven't done this because they wanted, i think they were in a rush for Comic-Con and it is the best they could arrange for the time. I like the materials anyways and i hope to see a better "final" treatment soon. GO ROBO! ----------------------------------- Saasouza Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:40 am ----------------------------------- Can't say i loved the website itself.. The chinese wall, a non chinese couple and a XT-908 !? Ed-208 sitting beside a smiley farmer in a pitoresque farm landscape !? While i see the irony i don't think those things belong in the same place.. Looks like they've crossed the line between dark humor and bizarreness. Also the website could have been more 'corporate' too.. Leaving that aside the product line looks really good in those pics, specially Ed-209 in the beige paint and the taser gun. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:00 am ----------------------------------- Wow, that's a great update. The best is the pic of EM-208 next to an old lady with groceries A lot of new info and pics, finally getting a real taste of what this movie is gonna be like, and what it's gonna be like is PG-13 as evidenced by the non-lethal Auto-9, I mean NI-408. I'm not hating the new ED-209 design. In fact, I' not hating any of these designs, surprisingly. They still haven't showed us what the RC-2000 looks like, though, and that's pretty pivotal. Here's hoping there's a substantial trailer at Comic-Con.... ----------------------------------- Josh Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:52 am ----------------------------------- Its good to see an update and a decent one at that. I don't mind ED, it's a shit load better than the very first one we saw and I can tell that is ED (although not as good looking as the original). The drone however is a boring as hell design. The gun that the RC-2000 uses is cool though. It looks unique without being to ridiculous. ----------------------------------- beer Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:09 pm ----------------------------------- Its good to see an update and a decent one at that. I don't mind ED, it's a shit load better than the very first one we saw and I can tell that is ED (although not as good looking as the original). The drone however is a boring as hell design. The gun that the RC-2000 uses is cool though. It looks unique without being to ridiculous. Josh, since when are you bipolar? LOL :) ----------------------------------- Raymond Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:26 pm ----------------------------------- Looks just like the concept art from the promo reel so nice to see they could make it a reality. The 3D models are nice. The site itself is not so nice but I guess they are deliberately making it feel like a crappy company page as satire with the smiling "stock photo" people etc The product descriptions are the greatest part, especially for EM-208 and ED-209. Stuff like "450+ “Life-Saves” per unit in field (median)", “Neighborhood Serenity” leads in 1,000+ communities" "Conversant in 1,500+ languages, AI-enabled “crisis decision tree” "9,000+ projected “Life-Saves” Honoree, Baghdad’s “Bright Future’s Program” is definitely something a real life Omnicorp would use to market :) ----------------------------------- Burnout Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:42 pm ----------------------------------- The drone design seriously reminds me of the failed prototype in Robocop 2, you know the one....we all were SUPPOSED to laugh at it. Apparently the new guys didnt get the memo. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/slydevil13/Drone1_zpsef72e711.jpg ----------------------------------- RoboHell Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:04 pm ----------------------------------- This could look bad for OCP, Johnson. Scramble the best spin team we have. ----------------------------------- Sean_001 Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:36 am ----------------------------------- I like the site setup. It's not that bad. Note: at the bottom of each page, it has "The Film is Still Not Rated" SO, can I hope they changed their minds? Maybe we'll at least get an unrated edition on blu-ray/DVD. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:16 pm ----------------------------------- Maybe we'll at least get an unrated edition on blu-ray/DVD. That's an awesome and totally feasible compromise which now has raised my expectations just a bit. ----------------------------------- Josh Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:07 pm ----------------------------------- Josh, since when are you bipolar? LOL :) Haha! I've never said I've hated the reboot just some of the decisions they have made with it like the generic suit and human hand. I've liked some of the script such as !SPOILER! the scene where they make Murphy's wife look at his remains. I'm just glad that after a hell of a period of stagnation we've got a nice update. ----------------------------------- Sean_001 Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:34 pm ----------------------------------- AHHH! Spoilers! Lalalalalalala! ----------------------------------- Josh Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:02 pm ----------------------------------- AHHH! Spoilers! Lalalalalalala! As shit man, I'm sorry about that. I'll add a spoiler tag on there. ----------------------------------- Bob Obba Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:13 am ----------------------------------- I dont know if this site is trying to be ironically cheesy, but it's doing a very good job. There is a heady mix of an html template mixed with "let's design it like Apple's site" thinking going on. I know we can all look at the images and say "haha look, a farmer with an ED-209 and an old lady going to the shops with her EM-208, what a ridiculous counterpoint" but it's not satire, it's just feels like bad humour. I can imagine they have the same kind of self confidence about their marketing as George Lucas did while writing Jar Jar Binks'. :b Then again this is just the marketing team ... which is trying to sell the film, not push us away. For me, and this simple image sums up the whole attitude toward this film; http://www.omnicorp.com/images/hero-programs.jpg A casual glance you would think that this is just a 'cool tech lab' but so many of the elements when jammed together don't work, the panelling, the windows, the shelving, the functions of the sink and cupboards. I know it's a totally irrelevant image, but it just feels so lazy and badly designed. and the whole thing ends up feeling soulless and hotch potch. Why didn't they just crib some digital set pieces from the film? Wouldn't that save a lot of effort and provide a nice tie-in? Where a set designer has actually put some thought and consideration into it. And if that image is an actual set piece? Well that make's me sad. ----------------------------------- Rick Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:28 am ----------------------------------- I don't think they are meant to be taken seriously, they are overtly bad mock ups of something that will make people go "ooh, a rich company's tech lab" and help install a belief in them that whatever they are saying or doing must be right. It's kinda obvious that to most normal, sensible minded people that these are terrible looking and that OmniCorp are just a money-making company that can't fully be trusted. ----------------------------------- Bob Obba Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:37 am ----------------------------------- I don't think they are meant to be taken seriously, they are overtly bad mock ups of something that will make people go "ooh, a rich company's tech lab" and help install a belief in them that whatever they are saying or doing must be right. It's kinda obvious that to most normal, sensible minded people that these are terrible looking and that OmniCorp are just a money-making company that can't fully be trusted. Perhaps I am indeed underestimating or misunderstanding their intentions about how they're using this site. But maybe after this long I just want to see something that makes me 'wow' instead of groan :P ----------------------------------- Sideromelane Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:08 am ----------------------------------- I dont know if this site is trying to be ironically cheesy, but it's doing a very good job. There is a heady mix of an html template mixed with "let's design it like Apple's site" thinking going on. I know we can all look at the images and say "haha look, a farmer with an ED-209 and an old lady going to the shops with her EM-208, what a ridiculous counterpoint" but it's not satire, it's just feels like bad humour. I can imagine they have the same kind of self confidence about their marketing as George Lucas did while writing Jar Jar Binks'. :b Then again this is just the marketing team ... which is trying to sell the film, not push us away. For me, and this simple image sums up the whole attitude toward this film; No, guys, thats a Sarif Facility! http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/522930-deus-ex-human-revolution-windows-screenshot-introduction-in.jpg (EDIT: Holy crap that was far higher resolution than I was lead to believe. Link instead. ----------------------------------- Archive Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:49 am ----------------------------------- This is how the "Trask Industries" website from the new X:men movie looks like. http://www.trask-industries.com/ Safe to say it is quite a contrast to the underwhelming Omnicorp site. ----------------------------------- RoboHell Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:02 pm ----------------------------------- Holy shit...that's awesome. Now thats how you promote the movie through the site. The Sentinel looks really cool. And they even have Peter on the site, something I think the Omnicorp site would benefit from, having Oldman on there would spark more traffic. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:14 pm ----------------------------------- In other news, Days of the Future Past is gonna be awesome. ----------------------------------- BurnOne4Robo Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:25 pm ----------------------------------- In other news, Days of the Future Past is gonna be awesome. Very skeptical about that. Singer didn't exactly do a great job with the first two X-Men movies. They were extremely mediocre imo. Same with everything X-men that Sony has released. I just watched The Wolverine last weekend, and again, mediocre movie. Watchable, but not worth multiple viewings. Barely better then the Origins film. First Class was probably the best of the Franchise, and it was supposed to be a stand alone. Now Singer has come up with some convoluted way to tie in First Class with the horrible continuity issues of the first three films, I smell a complete mess coming with DOFP. This summer I've seen Iron Man, Star Trek, Man of Steel, Pacific Rim, and The Wolverine. The Wolverine was my least favorite. Back to Robocop...I NEED A TRAILER NOW! lol. I'll be going to see Elysium, though. Not for the trailer, but because it looks like a pretty good film. Hopefully it has an IMax release, it should look awesome visually. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:36 pm ----------------------------------- Now Singer has come up with some convoluted way to tie in First Class with the horrible continuity issues of the first three films, I smell a complete mess coming with DOFP. The one thing your missing here is that this film is based on one of THE greatest X-Men storylines of all time. The Wolverine can't claim the same, as I found the miniseries it was based on to be rather bland. Same goes for the rest of the X-Men films (Wolverine: Origins was painfully boring, so surprise the same could be said of the movie) except for God Loves, Man Kills, and that would explain why X-Men 2 is my favorite of the series to date. Now they're doing a take on one of the most classic, thrilling arcs so the bar has been raised. There is nothing convoluted about using actors from both series, if you knew anything about the story it makes perfect sense! Anyway back to Robocop, yeah trailer for movie, cool beans, anticipation, etc. ----------------------------------- Edd 209 Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:25 am ----------------------------------- But maybe after this long I just want to see something that makes me 'wow' instead of groan :P Me too :| ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:01 am ----------------------------------- Pretty sweet on the omnicorp site under the rc2000 project volunteer tab there are arms and legs and things hanging there in the background in some seedy body parts storage locker. A bunch of cool stuff added indeed. ----------------------------------- Rick Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:48 am ----------------------------------- Maybe I'm blind, but where is the volunteer tab on the RC-2000 page? In fact, where is the RC-2000 page you're referring to. On my screen it says 'coming soon' and it can't be clicked on. I've been on every page and followed every link I can see and can't find that page. Also, the picture of ED-209 beside that farmer still has OCP printed on it. Shouldn't that just be OC? ----------------------------------- Raymond Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:11 am ----------------------------------- Maybe I'm blind, but where is the volunteer tab on the RC-2000 page? In fact, where is the RC-2000 page you're referring to. On my screen it says 'coming soon' and it can't be clicked on. I've been on every page and followed every link I can see and can't find that page. Also, the picture of ED-209 beside that farmer still has OCP printed on it. Shouldn't that just be OC? Think this is what he talked about. http://www.omnicorp.com/programs.php Didn't notice myself before that it's clearly an arm and other parts. Also on the right that shelf has one of those boxes you commonly transport organs in and that white thing below could be a freezer/cooler. Or it's simply lubrication/oil and other tools to service those arms and other parts. Just speculating :p As for the OCP tag on ED-209: Without being to spoilerific Omnicorp is owned by OCP so both companies exist in the reboot universe. Car companies of today sometimes does branding like that, but it could also be a honest mistake. EDIT: ah actually noticed on the big ED-209 model it has both OCP and Omnicorp branding. OCP in white text on the front. Omnicorp with black text on the side. Just confirms that it's supposed to be like that ----------------------------------- beer Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:29 am ----------------------------------- Pretty sweet on the omnicorp site under the rc2000 project volunteer tab there are arms and legs and things hanging there in the background in some seedy body parts storage locker. A bunch of cool stuff added indeed. That part of the site looks really terrible MGM. Looks like a playstation 1 game area. ----------------------------------- RMorrison81 Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:06 am ----------------------------------- How else is a sterile white room supposed to look? I'm confused with the hate! By the way, that picture has actually been on there for quite a while... ----------------------------------- Rick Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:06 pm ----------------------------------- Was just gonna say that RMorrison81, that page has been up for quite a while now, it might be more a case that you are seeing it for the first time, but we are all way ahead of you! :b ----------------------------------- beer Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:19 pm ----------------------------------- How else is a sterile white room supposed to look? I'm confused with the hate! By the way, that picture has actually been on there for quite a while... Can't you see a difference between Real life sets And computer animated sets? :ohdear: ----------------------------------- RMorrison81 Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:28 pm ----------------------------------- I think you need to be clear about what your slating, I was referring to the actual content of the image, whilst it now transpires that you're referring to the quality of what's on the screen. Simple example of crossed wires I think. ----------------------------------- BurnOne4Robo Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:10 pm ----------------------------------- Maybe I missed this before, but this stuff seems to be new to the site. Some 3d models of the bike and gun, EM 208 and ED 209, with full specs and details (no robo though): http://www.omnicorp.com/products/ni-408.php http://www.omnicorp.com/products/c-1.php http://www.omnicorp.com/products/ed-209.php http://www.omnicorp.com/products/em-208.php http://www.omnicorp.com/products/xt-908.php ----------------------------------- gez1967 Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:49 am ----------------------------------- a stun gun by this movie just gits better and better ----------------------------------- BurnOne4Robo Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:33 pm ----------------------------------- a stun gun by this movie just gits better and better Absolutely disappointing. The gun itself looks ok, kind of intimidating, nothing like the auto .9, then it turns out to be a stun gun on steroids. But, if I remember from the concept art, he does actually have what looks like a fully auto gun of sum kind that he can use. The stun gun is stupid, though. The whole rationale behind the human hand appears to be so that a robot is not actually pulling the trigger and killing people, yet they turn around and give him a stun gun so he can't kill anyway. The actual gun appears to be an attachment to the robotic hand. So what difference does it make whether a human hand pulls a stun gun trigger or not? The damn hand, they seriously did not think that one all the way through at all. This cracks me up: "The Hyper-touch trigger restricts and releases per the intentionality level applied by the triggerman." Intentionality level? WHAT? I only slightly intented to shoot you...as opposed to I totally intended to shoot you. Then we have this: "Winner of “Neighborhood Friend” award. Non-lethal means community trust" Dr Faxx strikes again! ----------------------------------- Optimus Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:19 pm ----------------------------------- I would be satisfied with the NI-408 if it would be like Dredd's Lawgiver (with multiple ammunition), electrical charge for the young criminals, but headshot for the rest. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ----------------------------------- Sin_Valor Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:53 pm ----------------------------------- I would be satisfied with the NI-408 if it would be like Dredd's Lawgiver (with multiple ammunition), electrical charge for the young criminals, but headshot for the rest. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I agree, I don't know why it's so hard for them not to call it an Auto-9 gun. I mean seriously. I don't understand why they have an 'EM-208' if they're working on Robo (sorry, I mean 'RC-2000'), it probably works just like him, they might as well use it clean up the streets of Detroit. Makes the whole thing kind of pointless. ----------------------------------- gez1967 Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:17 am ----------------------------------- is there any news on the human hand yet , and yes that would be cool if the gun was like the judge dredd law giver gun....but stun gun , yep u can tell its for kids ----------------------------------- AceAlive1 Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:46 am ----------------------------------- is there any news on the human hand yet , and yes that would be cool if the gun was like the judge dredd law giver gun....but stun gun , yep u can tell its for kids where have you been? the news about the hand is over a year old!! ----------------------------------- Victorboris1 Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:02 pm ----------------------------------- I would be satisfied with the NI-408 if it would be like Dredd's Lawgiver (with multiple ammunition), electrical charge for the young criminals, but headshot for the rest. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I agree, I don't know why it's so hard for them not to call it an Auto-9 gun. I mean seriously. I don't understand why they have an 'EM-208' if they're working on Robo (sorry, I mean 'RC-2000'), it probably works just like him, they might as well use it clean up the streets of Detroit. Makes the whole thing kind of pointless. The onboard AI on EM-208 drones is probably not as combat efficient as an AI supplemented by a human brain. is there any news on the human hand yet , and yes that would be cool if the gun was like the judge dredd law giver gun....but stun gun , yep u can tell its for kids The organic hand is probably a PR decision by OmniCorp to have Robocop greet and shake hands with Detroit citizens on its unveiling. ----------------------------------- AceAlive1 Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:44 pm ----------------------------------- would be cool if they did some more stuff on the omnicorp site. maybe something to buy or print to show you were a "volunteer" or signed your body over. something morbid to go with the whole thing ----------------------------------- D-LOREAN-88 Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:33 pm Official RoboCop Movie Website ----------------------------------- The site has had an update, check it out! www.robocop.com ----------------------------------- RoboHell Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:20 am ----------------------------------- What do y'all think about the music? ----------------------------------- Rick Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:06 am ----------------------------------- I actually like the music personally. Of course the Poledouris music is far superior, but it certainly has it's good points. For a start, there isn't a chorus of "RoboCoooooop! RoboCooooooooop!" in it. ----------------------------------- eft Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:04 am ----------------------------------- I also enjoy this music, I especially like the fact that it contains some electronic bits here and there, so it gives hope that score will follow the tradition of first movie - symphony mixed with synthesizers. File with the music is named "rc_epk_music-loop-02-2m3convincing.mp3", so maybe it is cue from the scene where Norton convinces Clara to "sell" her husband. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:48 am ----------------------------------- Some nice new pics too, no mention of Miguel Ferrer in the cast section tho. ----------------------------------- Rick Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:37 pm ----------------------------------- Why would they mention it though, it was probably being kept as a surprise and even though it is listed on IMDb, they probably don't want it to be real public knowledge so when he shows up in the film people can be like "Hey, look who it is". ----------------------------------- ChAnOoD Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:39 pm ----------------------------------- I like the 5th pic in the story section. It doesn´t show a lot of the silver Robo suit, and he looks not bad holding the gun. ----------------------------------- Victorboris1 Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:00 am ----------------------------------- I like the 5th pic in the story section. It doesn´t show a lot of the silver Robo suit, and he looks not bad holding the gun. I'm not seeing any new content on Omnicorp's website. ----------------------------------- OCP-001 Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:23 am ----------------------------------- I like the 5th pic in the story section. It doesn´t show a lot of the silver Robo suit, and he looks not bad holding the gun. I'm not seeing any new content on Omnicorp's website. Not in the Omnicorp site, but here http://www.robocop.com/ Also there's this other site, which is very good looking and has some stuff to download: http://www.robocop-movie.net/site/ ----------------------------------- ChAnOoD Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:23 am ----------------------------------- I'm not seeing any new content on Omnicorp's website. I was talking about D-LOREAN-88´s post about an update on the robocop.com website. ----------------------------------- OCP-001 Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:06 pm ----------------------------------- Its not really an update, but the site has now some nice background music and sound effects, check it out: http://www.robocop-movie.net/site/ What do you guys think about the music? ----------------------------------- Edd 209 Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:03 am ----------------------------------- Awesome didn't know those other sites existed either. Now I know Robo is out on 6th Feb here in Oz wahoooo! ----------------------------------- Officer Igor Antunes Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:31 pm ----------------------------------- I like the music. I still looking for some kind of updated Robo-march inspired by Basil Poledouris. Let's wait and see. ----------------------------------- OCP-001 Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:21 pm ----------------------------------- I like the music. I still looking for some kind of updated Robo-march inspired by Basil Poledouris. Let's wait and see. It would be nice but I suppose Bromfman its going for a totally new thing with no reference to the original. ----------------------------------- Edd 209 Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:27 am ----------------------------------- I wish they had some silver suit pictures! ----------------------------------- Officer Igor Antunes Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:20 am ----------------------------------- It would be nice but I suppose Bromfman its going for a totally new thing with no reference to the original. Yes, sure, i agree with you. No direct references, but a score strong enough to hear and feel RoboCop (as the Robo-March done awesomely) ----------------------------------- Edd 209 Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:46 pm ----------------------------------- With a month to go (here in Oz anyway) I wonder when they will update Omnicorp website? ----------------------------------- POCOBOR Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:15 pm ----------------------------------- A new OmniCorp viral video that Sony debuted at this year's CES http://www.thewrap.com/ces-sonys-robocop-campaign-lands-ces/ ----------------------------------- OCP-001 Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:01 pm ----------------------------------- A new OmniCorp viral video that Sony debuted at this year's CES http://www.thewrap.com/ces-sonys-robocop-campaign-lands-ces/ It's a nice fake commercial, but too bad they didn't show anything new. A lot of the footage were taken directly from the movie. But still a nice commercial. ----------------------------------- Archive Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:20 pm ----------------------------------- A missed opportunity there I think. Would have been amazing if they had Keaton as the guy talking and used some NEW and dedicated footage to go with it. ----------------------------------- BurnOne4Robo Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:28 pm ----------------------------------- Like everything else marketing wise, the Omnicorp site is a complete failure and utter waste of resources. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:03 pm ----------------------------------- A missed opportunity there I think. Would have been amazing if they had Keaton as the guy talking and used some NEW and dedicated footage to go with it. Seconded. ----------------------------------- Edd 209 Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:30 pm ----------------------------------- Yep, that was a waste. And can't se anything new on Omnicorp website to go with it either. ----------------------------------- Archive Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:40 pm ----------------------------------- They did something similar with Prometheus, but then it was an actual actor from the movie, Guy Pearce, that did a company line talk. Here it's just a random guy with various trailer clips around him. In essence with the content shown, that could have been fan made if we did not know otherwise. Some of the decisions around the marketing of this movie remains a complete mystery. ----------------------------------- Edd 209 Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:00 pm ----------------------------------- Some of the decisions around the marketing of this movie remains a complete mystery. Some good some questionable, but I do think the movie will be a lot better then how they market it. ----------------------------------- OCP-001 Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:14 pm ----------------------------------- Some of the decisions around the marketing of this movie remains a complete mystery. Some good some questionable, but I do think the movie will be a lot better then how they market it. I really hope so. I still like a lot what they did in http://www.robocop-movie.net Love the music and the overall design. ----------------------------------- Optimus Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:31 pm ----------------------------------- The OmniCorp site is updated http://www.omnicorp.com/calibration/ Robo's arm looks awesome. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ----------------------------------- artuditu Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:49 pm ----------------------------------- They did something similar with Prometheus, but then it was an actual actor from the movie, Guy Pearce, that did a company line talk. Here it's just a random guy with various trailer clips around him. In essence with the content shown, that could have been fan made if we did not know otherwise. Some of the decisions around the marketing of this movie remains a complete mystery. in my opinion they just went cheap. They probably hired another small company to take care of viral marketing with little money, or they cut it drastcally at some point. I really think they could get the same result doing nothing. ----------------------------------- Edd 209 Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:18 pm ----------------------------------- The OmniCorp site is updated http://www.omnicorp.com/calibration/ Robo's arm looks awesome. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Was discussing this over here http://www.robocoparchive.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3766&highlight= I'm not a fan of this. Felt like a terminator hand trying to place shapes in the right hole. Thought it may give you some special insight into the movie, but only gives you a special code for the phone game. Boring! ----------------------------------- Edd 209 Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:44 pm ----------------------------------- Another Omnicorp video of review of CES. http://youtu.be/AY794muByCI