New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Logotypes from other RoboCop games

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:29 pm Reply with quote

I've noticed the lack of logotypes taken from the RoboCop games on the archive such as the 2003 Titus game and the fan-made game from Park Productions. There aren't even any logotypes from the arcade games or NES games, so I thought it's time to bring them up and put them in the archive.

I know the games themselves have been mentioned before, but I think we should also add in the titles and the detail from those games into the archive. We already have sprites from the NES games being used as avatars and signatures, we should add more in too.

Anyways, here's the logotype from the R1 arcade game.

This is the logo from the Gameboy Color game.

This one's from the RoboCop VS The Terminator game on SNES. It's a bit similar to the Criterion logo.

Here's the same one, but this one's in an actual metal box...or looks like one anyways.

And for no reason, here's the one from the VCR game, because why not?

Anyway, I've had enough finding anymore of these, I give up.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:13 pm Reply with quote

They're all on the main page. Well, most of them.

http://robocoparchive.com

...under the data section.

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:33 pm Reply with quote

Sean_001 :
They're all on the main page. Well, most of them.

http://robocoparchive.com

...under the data section.

Like I said...

Sin_Valor :
There aren't even any logotypes from the arcade games or NES games

I know the commonly used logotypes are on the front covers of the games, but not on the game itself. I'm talking about the in-game logotypes, like the 2nd logotype for the Titus game that was used for ingame menus...as well as being on the box covers for other game platforms.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:27 pm Reply with quote

Most of the in-game and box cover logos are still just the 'standard' versions with just different color schemes. The R1 NES logo you posted is just a standard logo, non-lined and in full gray (Sorta looks a bit like R2's logo). The only real distinguishable difference is it looks a bit stretched vertically. But all-told it's not like it's truly a 'unique' logo or anything special really.

I think if the site were to feature every RoboCop logo variant it would be a large page that would pretty redundant and sorta pointless - I don't really see what benefit there is to showing a massive amount of logos on the site, when the vast majority of them essentially look the same. I'm sure Archive thinks that way too, otherwise he would have them there already.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Most of the in-game and box cover logos are still just the 'standard' versions with just different color schemes. The R1 NES logo you posted is just a standard logo, non-lined and in full gray (Sorta looks a bit like R2's logo) Other than that the only real difference is it looks a bit stretched vertically. But all-told it's not like it's truly a 'unique' logo like some others.

It's actually from the arcade game. I did mention this already on the first post of the thread.

Anyways, I say I'd say this is different from the other common logotypes because it's digitized and pixelated into a game rather than just taking the title, re-colouring and detailing it a bit, and putting it on the cover. Even the logotype from the Marvel cartoon was hand-drawn.

Like I said, I'm including more logotypes from the other games, so please give me some time to include them.

RB 2

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:39 pm Reply with quote

EDIT -

Quote:
Anyways, I say I'd say this is different from the other common logotypes because it's digitized and pixelated into a game rather than just taking the title, re-colouring and detailing it a bit, and putting it on the cover. Even the logotype from the Marvel cartoon was hand-drawn.

It's digitized and not hand-drawn? Seriously? Bah, I think you're really splitting hairs here. My point still stands. As I said, it's essentially still the same standard logo - I don't see what's so special about it enough to warrant posting it up honestly. I'm afraid most of the rest will be the same thing. We'll see though I guess.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard