New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop 2D 2 - Discussion

Crowley
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:57 am Reply with quote

I just got to playing the fanmade Robocop 2D games. I am having some problems with the second game (Robocop vs Terminator).

First, so far it has happened to me twice that I get stuck at the end of the graveyard level. One of the enemies is supposed to drop a "timesphere" or something which transports Robocop into the Skynet-devastated future, but this does not always happen for some reason.

Another problem I have run into is fighting RoboCain in the future. I manage to wear him down to a sliver of his health, but then he suddenly takes no more damage. Am I perhaps supposed to use the overclock to land the finishing blow?

--------

I thought I'd share something I encountered when playing Robocop 2D 2 - Robocop vs Terminator. I was playing the game on hard difficulty, and I managed to make it to Skynet's time displacement chamber. One I destroyed the terminator there, two pieces of destructible junk fell down, a terminator torso and skull. Both dropped timespheres. That's odd, I thought. I picked up the one from the skull, since I seem to remember that only the torso dropped when I was playing the game through on normal difficulty. That took me... back to level 5, the first future area. At this point I didn't know whether to curse the developers or laugh at a joke well played. Soon something caused me to make up my mind. One of the crates at the beginning of the level dropped a laser gun. What a wonderful thing it is. Infinite ammo, and hits as hard as the explosive bullets. Playing all the way back with this thing won't be a problem at all.

Seems odd to me that I can't find anyone else mentioning this, but there you go.

RB 136

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:33 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
First, so far it has happened to me twice that I get stuck at the end of the graveyard level. One of the enemies is supposed to drop a "timesphere" or something which transports Robocop into the Skynet-devastated future, but this does not always happen for some reason.

If you haven't figured it out yet, you must destroy Murphy's gravestone. Then you get the timesphere.

Quote:
Another problem I have run into is fighting RoboCain in the future. I manage to wear him down to a sliver of his health, but then he suddenly takes no more damage. Am I perhaps supposed to use the overclock to land the finishing blow?

I think you can just use the special "clear screen" attack, where robo fires up and missiles rain down.

Quote:
One I destroyed the terminator there, two pieces of destructible junk fell down, a terminator torso and skull. Both dropped timespheres.

The being thrown back a bunch of levels is annoying as the game is long (and a bit repetitive) as it is. I confess that last time I played I had to turn on the cheats. Neutral

I think there is some kind of logic to it. Skull is bad, and going back(left) to get the torso takes you back in time where you want to go. Something like that, maybe.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Crowley
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:26 am Reply with quote

Thanks for merging my two posts. I did figure out the gravestone myself. When I first got the timesphere I had used the screen-clearing flare attack and did not realize it had destroyed the gravestone. For Cain, seems like you have to land the killing blow when he has his face screen out. It can be done with the regular gun (or at least 100% upgraded one) if he feels like showing his face long enough at once.

Now, I have another question about the game: How do you get 100% completion? Finishing the story mode (on normal) got me to 57% and completing all the non-time attack extra modes got me up to 85%, but I have no idea what next. Completing the game on hard didn't change the percentage, and neither did the time attacks.

RB 136

AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:24 am Reply with quote

Crowley :
Now, I have another question about the game: How do you get 100% completion? Finishing the story mode (on normal) got me to 57% and completing all the non-time attack extra modes got me up to 85%, but I have no idea what next. Completing the game on hard didn't change the percentage, and neither did the time attacks.

I believe you have to beat the all the challenge games and maybe the mini games at least once.

RB 853

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard