New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop - A new Fan-Edit: RoboCop 3.0 [Work in Progress]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

DCell
O-L5

O-L5

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me.

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:52 am Reply with quote

Basically, I kept it just like the remake, even the Omnicorp adds that I put there. So the whole movie is in 2.35:1, which means I had to reconfigure the resolution for the Robo3 scenes (the image became a little bit "splattered", but you can hardly notice it). Since I've made a little colour correction on the whole movie, the scenes become almost seamless and blend nearly perfectly, because I've mixed those scenes with dark parts (before the scene, a dark-coloured add is in, so you don't feel much of the difference, specially because the first Robo3 scene there is at night, and then there's an add right after.).

I believe I will have the movie for download tomorrow Smile Right now, the render is at 82%, and it willl take 10 more hours. I just hope I don't get any surprises, like parts with black screens due to the low-memory issues and have to re-render it again. I'm doing the render directly to DivX, so that's why it's taking a bit longer (it renders in full AVI, and then renders that bit to DivX...). So after the render, I will watch it in full and then if it's alright, I'll create a torrent for it, and will share the torrent file with you all, so you can download it from my computer directly. Wink

RB 707

Bauc
O-L4

O-L4

Comment: Dead or Alive you are comming with me

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:15 pm Reply with quote

^ Sound Good Smile thumb1

RB 449

DCell
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:00 am Reply with quote

Gentlemen...not only it sounds good, as it looks good.
Wink

Here it is, for your viewing pleasure:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9om330pe50gfge/RoboCop%203.0%20%5BFan-Edit%202014%5D.torrent

Please notice that it's a 6GB file, so it might take a while to download. Anyhow, have fun!

RB 707

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:56 pm Reply with quote

I downloaded it and skimmed through most of it and I'm a bit divided by it all. Overall it is a good job but it has some problems.

What works really well are the added scenes to the movie, the product clips and deleted scenes.
I also liked the added classic music here and there.

The mix of RoboCop3 into it all however felt completely wrong and just plain confusing. (The image is also notably squashed here but that's another issue)

I have read your plot outline for the fan cut so I know what your thinking with it was, but in the context of the movie it doesn't work at all. They talk about putting a man inside a machine etc. Then classic Robo shows up which is already a man inside a machine. And there is Mcdagget who we have no idea who he is, and then he never appears again and Robo goes after some other guy named Vallon. Whaaat?

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
DCell
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:35 am Reply with quote

Yeah...you're right. I watched it fully and I also felt confused (and I was the one to do it eheh), and I figured I needed to do a few things, which I've done [SPOILERS! BEWARE]:
- I've replaced, through motion graphics/tracking, Antoine Vallon's photos with McDagget's when Murphy is searching for him on the internet, so we can figure out McDagget IS Valon, and Murphy is starting to investigate the attempt on his life and the muder of Anne. I've also edited that scene so that the comments of the two corrupt cops and Jack Lewis won't show up.
- I've edited the logo for "RoboCop 3.0", so that it makes more sense
- I've lowered the music here and there (it was too damn loud, sometimes eheh)
- I've added the yellow van chase scene and consequent Robo rescue of Lewis (but I had to trim that part substantially, because I didn't want the robo-bazooka-hand-gun to show up, so I had to edit it to make it look like he's taking down some punks with his auto-9). Also, he doesn't appear that much in order to create a little bit more of mistery, since his full-body is revealed when he gets in the church)
- I've tried to impersonate Tom Pope, to add a sentence so that we understand that they want to use RoboCop for the new Omnicorp program and to push the Dreyfus act backwards.

All in all, what I'm trying to do is somewhat impossible with this edit, because the actor that plays McDagget is not pretty much the same as Vallon's, but the idea here is that Vallon IS McDagget (there is no mention of the McDagget name anywhere, so it helps). So the idea is that he works for OCP at some level, and after the Lewis murder he goes in hiding and runs away from Omnicorp and the upgraded RoboCop, still being protected by Dean. I also put the sentence "Valon! I have a message from Officer Lewis" when he shoots Vallon down.

Let's hope this time is the final one. But the feedback is good! It's always nice to know how to make this better. Wink

RB 707

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Fan creations All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard