New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Do your family and friends know you are Robocop fan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote

I showed my fiance R2, she liked it saying its pretty much a straight forward continuity with the same style, humor, violence, with robo getting dismantled being a great element making seemingly invincible Robo going through violent death for the second time etc, but she only liked the first half of it, saying it slips into a gunfight and robot brawl later on, and she didnt like that the subplot with the family was dropped after Robo met his wife. She also says there are many things untapped in the movie, such as who is Hob and just about anything about his background

Showed her R3 but she couldnt stomach it for more than 15 minutes. She caught up right away to the fact that its a different actor in the suit and that he acts like a cliche robot to the point its unintentionally funny (the low voice, the angry kid mouth, the language he uses), and that the humor is pretty silly and a straight forward comedy (expecially donut shop). Splatter punks topped the siliness. She also said the villains arent threating at all and are just a yawm next to the villains of the first two

She said she likes the first one most for the same reasons she gave for liking it, which other two dont have, but also said that the second one has its great moments which are up there with the original

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:37 pm Reply with quote

Seems she liked R1 quite a lot, but thats a given. tongue Seriously speaking though, I honestly think it's a good flick for women who can get past the violence and some of the humor/satire, as it has a lot of heart and soul to it, and real depth in spots.

Your lady's got it spot on with the sequels, at least to me anyway. I agree wholeheartedly with a lot of her points. But I've yakked about all that many times over so I'll just say I think you got another Robo fan there, at least in the basic sense anyway. Awesome.

Glad you convinced her to give the Robo films a try. And also like how you are exposing the greatness of it to others. In fact, that might be a good topic to go on - reactions/reviews of folks we've showed RoboCop to who had never seen it before and such, might be some good stuff actually. Just a thought. Either way, I commend you for spreading the greatness of Robo, sir. Wink

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:22 pm Reply with quote

They know I am a fan. They don't know I own a 2XL robo suit that I don on the eve of full moons and go on a cyborg killing spree.

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote

With Robo being so popular at the moment it is an absolute blast when people at work or distant friends bring up Robo in a topic and ask if I have seen the original movie.

"RoboCop? yeah, i think I've seen it once or twice." Smile

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:09 pm Reply with quote

Humble bastard! Surprised you don't plug your website and impress and intimidate those fools with your uber-immense fandom and power!

Bah, that is awesome though.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:55 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
With Robo being so popular at the moment it is an absolute blast when people at work or distant friends bring up Robo in a topic and ask if I have seen the original movie.

"RoboCop? yeah, i think I've seen it once or twice." Smile

That's the best thing about the remake, itll make a lot of people visit or revisit the original

RB 525

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:49 pm Reply with quote

That is without a doubt the biggest consolation I ever took with this whole remake/'reinvention' business - Drawing unavoidable attention to the original film. Which is good, very good. Smile

RB 52679

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:20 pm Reply with quote

In my case it even spreads cause my lady liked the first one so much that shes talking all of her friends into seeing it, I must say a pretty big turn from "haha, a what? You wanna watch Robocop?" to something like this. I don't know, I still haven't found anybody who would not like the movie after seeing it (and remembering it well)

RB 525

JMRamos87
O-L1*

O-L1*

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:05 am Reply with quote

My family knows that I'm a fan since they told me to get rid of me doing the RoboWalk! And I wear like Alex Murphy all the time (most especially that played by Joel Kinnaman). Moreover it makes me discover the original trilogy that started it all.

RB 77

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:29 am Reply with quote

JMRamos87 :
My family knows that I'm a fan since they told me to get rid of me doing the RoboWalk! And I wear like Alex Murphy all the time (most especially that played by Joel Kinnaman). Moreover it makes me discover the original trilogy that started it all.

Considering Murphy has two or so outfit changes in the movie I've got do ask.

Do you have multiple sets of the same clothes, wash them all the time and dry them in a hurry, or never wash them and hope the gravy stains don't show?

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
JMRamos87
O-L1*

O-L1*

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:37 pm Reply with quote

2 black jackets and several blue shirts plus a light blue polo shirt. I've told my mom that I'll like to buy another light blue polo shirt with buttons like what Joel Kinnaman wears in the new RoboCop film before wearing his Robo-suit.

RB 77

Meriandressial
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

schitsophrenk

Comment: Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:06 pm Reply with quote

My family and friends know I am a robocop fan.
I never hide anything about what I like. Or how much I like something.

My husband does make silly jokes about it though.

He does'nt like the old one, but watched the reboot with me when I got it on blu ray.
He likes the new robocop more, he plays the mobile game.

Oddly, he was absolutely oblivious to the large reference to RoboCop in Mutants: Genetic Gladiaters. The Enforcer. That it floats and uses melee put him off what it referenced.

When I saw it in the cinema, he re-enacted the entire first movie.
Weeks of him miming ratcheting his head, etc.

And he makes jokes about the walk. Mimmicks it, etc.
Especially when I injured my left foot, and some imflammation came back in my left leg, and I limped stiffly everywere.
He called that 'robocopping'.

He also makes jokes about 'emptying his oil', when urinating. He has'nt seen that horrific fanfiction I saw, unfortunately. The word 'oil' gives me flashbacks sometimes, shudder.
If you see the fanfiction The Day The Men Found Love, DON'T READ IT!

RB 188

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote

Meriandressial :
The Day The Men Found Love

That's the one with Batman right?

Unfortunately I've read it...

...twice.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Meriandressial
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

schitsophrenk

Comment: Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:42 am Reply with quote

Josh :
Meriandressial :
The Day The Men Found Love

That's the one with Batman right?

Unfortunately I've read it...

...twice.

Yes the one with batman,shudder. I read it from sick curiosity, because id read all the good fanfiction in english, by then.

I read it twice, because i coudnt quite believe the horror i just saw.

That story could give you flashbacks at the thought of batman and smoke grenades, the word oil, and other things, for a while. Shocked nothanks

RB 188

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard