New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Fred Barton life size Robocop statue
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:38 am Reply with quote

It's a beautiful piece but the pose and mouth ruin it.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
DarthVader1
L-L1

L-L1

Comment: I find your lack of faith disturbing!

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:29 pm Reply with quote

The bust and the statue has Anticlaus "signature" all over it. Go back to his old postings,and you'll see the progress. Only shame is that he can't sell parts to the public anymore due to licensing. Sad

At least I own his helmet, neckseal and feet before all of that happened.

I agree with the mouth and pose. He's like in a "Whaaaa...?!" pose instead of a more iconic one.

RB 2772

starwars-darthvader SW-Imperial game-xbox robo-rights
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote

Fuck Fred BArton...That is all.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Comment: Artificial intelligence beat real stupidity.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:02 pm Reply with quote

The guy didn't even paid a dime to Anticlaus, unfair Sad

Bwaaaaaaaah!!! PEA SHOOTER!!!

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote

I've never had such ill regard for someone as I do Barton,I promoted the shit outta his Robobust ordered it waited a year and a half and never got an answer as to when because he wouldn't answer sideshow as to when finally left no real choice but to cancel and watch a few trickle out to speculators who priced the shit outta them..I hold him responsible for that shit business practices and no regard for the fans who paid money for his stuff..Again Fuck him..I hope I never meet him because I've got choice words for him.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
jclayman99
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:45 am Reply with quote

thats Anti's statue. same statue as the statue for detroit. Fred just isnt ever going to give him Credit for it.

RB 1392

CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:11 am Reply with quote

Well actually, Anticlaus got credit for the Detroit statue in one of the kickstarter newsletter.
From now on, I don't own a Fred BARTON bust, I will rather call it an Anticlaus Bust , suit him better Smile

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
jclayman99
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:29 pm Reply with quote

CAIN MKII :
Well actually, Anticlaus got credit for the Detroit statue in one of the kickstarter newsletter.
From now on, I don't own a Fred BARTON bust, I will rather call it an Anticlaus Bust , suit him better Smile

true, he did get cred for the detroit statue. But Barton does not give him the cred for anything he sells. unlike Sideshow that gives credit to the sculptors, etc. He is low class in my book.

RB 1392

CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:19 pm Reply with quote

Amen to this. I wonder myself if Fred Barton will dare show his face at Detroit for the statue first appearance.

RB 1965

Hob976
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:11 pm Reply with quote

I'm mostly bothered by the shoulders. They're pulled too close to the body.

I like the basic static pose, but I wish the hands looked less like empty gloves...

And of course, I wish the mouth were in the closed, Peter Weller "pucker" we all know and love.

...All n' all, this statue is only 1300% better than anything I could make or ever expect to have in this lifetime. Pretty disappointing.

I wouldn't even take one for free (unless it were offered, then I definitely would for sure)...

Even if I had to move my favorite plastic tree from Walmart to have a place to put it in my shitty little house.

Anticlaus has really made something amazing. Hope to have one of those helmets someday.

RB 3974

braddock001
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Comment: Excuse me - I have to go- somewhere there is a crime happening-

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote

8000.00 if I had it I would get one! I just dont like the teeth showing but still would love to put in my collection.Love the upper and lower abb area.

RB 1290

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard