New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Remakes that are better than the original
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:00 pm Reply with quote

I have to go with Piranha 3D 2010.

I liked the original Piranha 1978 from Joe Dante and produced by Roger Corman. It was a decent B-Movie with good gore FX and some surprise nuditiy.

The 2010 Piranha 3D from Alexandra Aja (Haute Tension, The Hills Have Eyes) and produced by Dimension Films, is a high quality B-Movie with EXCELLENT gore FX from Greg Nicotero and Howard Berger.

The characters I liked more. Mainly Jake and his Mom (who's the sheriff) along with hottie Dani (Kelly Brook) as well as a seismologist (Adam Scott). When the danger hit, I was worried for them. Ving Rhames makes a nice supporting character and Christopher Lloyd shows up too. Jerry O'Connell plays a real scum bag.

Aja directs the action in a locale we don't see alot of (Arizona lake). A nice change from the usual tropics or Middle America lake. I dug the Spring Break setting and lots of hot ladies (especially Kelly Brook).

The FX are gruesome and well made. Not a surprise coming from the KNB group.

CREDITS 23

toaster baby-food game-xbox
Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:46 am Reply with quote

Pity the sequel to that sucked cheesy balls! What were they thinking, giving the 'Feast' guys the go ahead to make such a shit-arse of a movie???

CREDITS 1476

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:36 pm Reply with quote

Zentron :
Pity the sequel to that sucked cheesy balls! What were they thinking, giving the 'Feast' guys the go ahead to make such a shit-arse of a movie???

I didn't even bother with the sequel despite being attracted to Danielle Panabaker (the ginger) and Katrina Bowden (the blond).

I know when your sequel comes from Dimension Films, it will likely be bad.

CREDITS 23

toaster baby-food game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard