New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Lee Sullivan art
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:21 pm Reply with quote

Lee, cool that you decided to stop by and say hi. Smile

I think i can speak for all of us when i say that you are without a doubt the most respected RoboCop artist there is, even to this day.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:32 pm Reply with quote

WOOW 2 really honor for me .. I said many times how I admire your work and especially the way how you draw the Robocop ..the best style from the Robocops comics ! ( when I was younger I tried alike style ) and when I drew a Robocop pict I took an inspiration of your work ! of course I did not want steal it Smile

Welcome here ! rose thumb1

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
Lee Sullivan
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:41 am Reply with quote

Hi Nika and to all you guys; again, much thanks. You might be interested to know that I just rediscovered the two Robo covers that were not used (because of the untimely cancellation) - for issues 25 & 26. One's a comedy cover (there was a crossover with Toxic Avenger Laughing ) and one is a more gritty piece. I'll scan them soon and put them on my website, but thought I'd tease you in the meantime Smile. It's been interesting looking back through the artwork.

Best wishes to all in Delta City Very Happy

Lee S

RB 1094

RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quote

Just wanted to say hello to the legendary Lee Sullivan!!
and i also think that you posting on the robocop archive is really cool of you, oh man i can't wait to see those covers!!!
Now i can tell all my friends I started a topic that Lee sullivan posted in!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:32 am Reply with quote

Wow! Lee Sullivan! Great Robocop Artist!

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
chaos one
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote

Mr. Sullivan you're the definitive Robocop artist. I'm pretty sad that more artists aren't taking inspiration by your depictions of Robocop which is by far the best one of any comic ever.

RB 856

game-xbox
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:12 pm Reply with quote

7 years later...

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:04 am Reply with quote

Our praise for Mr. Sullivan never ceases.

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:25 pm Reply with quote

Just got this and a bunch more in the mail:

I'm probably gonna leave everything in storage and won't take pictures of everything until I have the frames in, but I had to show you guys this one... look familiar?

RB 1658

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:04 pm Reply with quote

Kickass Pimp.

Always have really liked and respected Lee, not just for his skillz on the page in bringing our hero to brilliant comic form but also because he's a real fan and appreciator of Robo, enough to take the time to check us here on the Archive.

Shit, I remember when he visited this joint many years ago - before this.. Not sure if it was his first bout on here but I know it was the first I ever saw anyway. Maybe 2004-ish? Eh, anyway, I remember somebody was a bit, eh, I hesitate to say harsh but certainly kinda stern, getting into it a wee bit with him.. wanna say Brandon Marcello but not sure. Can't even remember what it was about exactly. Tough to recall. Anyway, I remember Lee was professional and kind the whole way and despite whatever the issue was I think it all concluded decently.

Wish I really could remember more. Bah, seems all I have anymore is flashbacks when it comes to RA.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:55 am Reply with quote

That's sweet, Pimp! Was the artwork in the middle used somewhere? I can't seem to recall seeing it before. Murphy seems to have a bit of a "Go ahead, make my day" smile on it Very Happy

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:30 am Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
Was the artwork in the middle used somewhere? I can't seem to recall seeing it before.

That's because nobody has ever seen it before now! The original piece was just the two images that are now iconic from being used in the top left corner of Robocop comics (and the cartoon on VHS, and my avatar!) with a big blank space in the middle. I asked if he could do a quick sketch to fill the space. He agree to do it for no extra charge... but as you can see he gave me more than just a quick sketch! All I asked was he show Robocop smiling for once. I was certainly not disappointed. The piece was already a holy grail for the image of Robo I used as my avatar which I have loved all my life. Now it is something unique, with Roboo art from two millenniums on one page! I got a bunch of other pages too, including a couple interesting and historical surprises, but this is the only one with new art on it. Lee is the man!

RB 1658

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:28 pm Reply with quote

Finally got around to framing and hanging all my Lee Sullivan Robocop art. Here's everything.

First, this is the art Lee submitted that got him the job working on Robocop. They noted that Robocop's pose was too athletic, but other than that were happy with this page:

Next up is the cover for issue #26. As many of you know, the Marvel Robocop comic book only reached issue #23. I first came to know of this cover's existence many years ago when Lee mentioned it here a few years ago, telling us of plans for the series past 23, including a crossover with Toxic Avenger. I thought this unproduced cover looked really cool, but never thought I would own it some day. Alas, here it is:

Another behind-the-scenes piece, here is Lee's character design for Flak, who was Robocop's archnemesis in the Marvel series, appearing several times, including in the iconic final batlle in issue #23. Here he is in his original form:

Now we get to the interior pages, first up, issue #9, page 9. This is the issue where Robocop battles a wave of vigilantes, always a childhood favorite of mine so I knew I had to have a page from it. Here, we see Robocop in action, taking on Doc Chainsaw and socking it to him:

Next, issue #15, page 12. Robocop discovers a warehouse full of mindless Robocops made from lobotomized homeless people. This was always a powerful moment in the comics to me, as Robocop reflects on his dark legacy, which is why I chose this page:

This is issue #18, page 18. By this point in the series Lee had taken over inking duties as well, and wanted to make sure I got an interior page he both drew and inked. Sadly, there is a Dr. Who reference scribbled onto the back of this page:

And finally, my holy grail, which I have shared here before. The Robocop in the middle is new for this piece by Lee, but it is the drawing on the left I am most happy to have. Look at my profile picture and you will see why. This has been my profile picture pretty much consistently from when I first joined, and I always loved that iconic image of Robocop on the cover of comics and the Marvel animated series VHS. I never thought I would ever get to see the original art, let alone own it, and this is now my proudest possession:

Thanks for checking this stuff out, and big thanks to Lee Sullivan for letting me get my hands on all this amazing art. Here's everything on display:

RB 1658

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:42 pm Reply with quote

Those are truly great, Pimp! Especially the unused cover and your original piece that we previously talked about. Truly great pieces of Robo memorabilia! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us!

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard