New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop 2 & RoboCop 3 Collector's Editions

Kamdan
R-L1

R-L1

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:40 pm Reply with quote

Scream Factory will release special Collector's Edition releases of RoboCop 2 and 3 on March 21 2017. The list of special features for both movies will be announced at a later date.

Just announced on their Facebook page! March 21st release date.

RB 137

alyd
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:36 am Reply with quote

ignore

RB 151

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:52 am Reply with quote

Hmm, I think the art choices are a bit questionable. I like the backgrounds but the red color scheme for Robocop 2 is weird for a movie with such a blue palette and the Robocop 3 is weak for obvious reasons. Also, if they are calling them collector's editions there should really be some exclusive content to make collector's actually want to seek them out. But I don't see that being the case...

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:18 am Reply with quote

Hey Stan, look which gun Hob is firing on the R2 cover...

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:11 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Hmm, I think the art choices are a bit questionable. I like the backgrounds but the red color scheme for Robocop 2 is weird for a movie with such a blue palette

I thought the same, background collage is good but that red looks the opposite of R2, as you said the palette of the movie but also the posters and arts around it have always been dominated by blue, or the gray from the broken wall (I still feel that poster is unrivaled). And because they wanted to go red they needed to change Robo's color which is possibly the trademark of the movie.

I think they tried a shocking color for an impactful movie for its violence, action and dark tone. Hence R3 has a friendlier bluish and softer purple.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:49 pm Reply with quote

Otomo is holding his sword, but who owns that other hand that's on the opposite end of it?

RB 17167

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:53 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
I think they tried a shocking color for an impactful movie for its violence, action and dark tone. Hence R3 has a friendlier bluish and softer purple.

I agree with that, IŽm sure it has to do with the tone of the films.

I like both covers, but in my opinion, IŽd get rid of the jetpack for the RoboCop 3, and instead put the gunarm. While the attached gunarm would be kinda cheesy, it doesnŽt go at the same cheesy levels of the other item.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:03 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
I agree with that, IŽm sure it has to do with the tone of the films.

I like both covers, but in my opinion, IŽd get rid of the jetpack for the RoboCop 3, and instead put the gunarm. While the attached gunarm would be kinda cheesy, it doesnŽt go at the same cheesy levels of the other item.

Not only that, the arm sections of the pack are missing. It looks more like a metallic cape!

RB 2500

hamburger batman-card comic2-robocop comic4-robocop
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:38 pm Reply with quote

RoboWags :
Hey Stan, look which gun Hob is firing on the R2 cover...

Yup, the UC M21. Hey, I've got one of those! (Well, in a virtual form, anyway)

artuditu :
RoboPimp :
Hmm, I think the art choices are a bit questionable. I like the backgrounds but the red color scheme for Robocop 2 is weird for a movie with such a blue palette

I thought the same, background collage is good but that red looks the opposite of R2, as you said the palette of the movie but also the posters and arts around it have always been dominated by blue, or the gray from the broken wall (I still feel that poster is unrivaled). And because they wanted to go red they needed to change Robo's color which is possibly the trademark of the movie.

Seconded totally. I agree that R2 poster shot is badass. Anyway the main thing bothering me is how the purplish colored R3 poster has the 'red' lettering. Yeah I know that is true to some R3 home video releases but it just contrasts badly I think.

ChAnOoD :
IŽd get rid of the jetpack for the RoboCop 3, and instead put the gunarm. While the attached gunarm would be kinda cheesy, it doesnŽt go at the same cheesy levels of the other item.

Same here also. As said they just slapped the jetpack on and not even all that well as Spectrum points out. I think the gunarm would have said R3 without looking near as cheesy and goofy.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:17 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Also, if they are calling them collector's editions there should really be some exclusive content to make collector's actually want to seek them out. But I don't see that being the case...

Is there not?
so it's just a collage cover photo that they think we'd buy?

Disappointing!

RB 4892

Ed-260
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:19 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Seconded totally. I agree that R2 poster shot is badass. Anyway the main thing bothering me is how the purplish colored R3 poster has the 'red' lettering. Yeah I know that is true to some R3 home video releases but it just contrasts badly I think.

Same here also. As said they just slapped the jetpack on and not even all that well as Spectrum points out. I think the gunarm would have said R3 without looking near as cheesy and goofy.

Yep the R2 poster shot is the best bit!
On the whole I don't mind the red collage it look nice. But not enough to have a third R2 dvd in my collection!

and the jet wings! Please let us never mention these again!

RB 4892

Ed-260
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard