New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Bob's Prop Shop on Ebay... is he a member here?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    INDEX -> Props, suits and figures
DarthVader1
L-L1

L-L1

Comment: I find your lack of faith disturbing!

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:57 pm Reply with quote

Hey guys, I don't know if you're aware, but there is a guy on Ebay by the name of "Bobs_Prop_Shop", real name is ROBERT MOSELEY, aka. "VideoBob". Is he a member in here? He sells a bunch of Ghostbusters and Robocop props, and while quite interesting and OK quality, prices are a little steep, and the delivery time is outrageous.

I bought a "Boddicker Grenade" from him. I copied this from the Ebay page...

Payment date: Jul-23-14
Estimated delivery: Sat. Jul. 26 to Wed. Jul. 30 Track shipment
Actual delivery: Aug-09-14

When I say "quality is OK", is because if you try to go accurate, just go ACCURATE the whole way. This is the grenade that I've received today...

Notice the "timer"? It's actually a label, and it's not even in the proper location or properly "spelled", which is missing a dot on the double dots between hours and minutes). If I would've gone that way (with a label), I would've done this way (yes, and I've just did this in just a few minutes):

I mean... come on!

Just a few extra minutes of your time and you have something MORE accurate. Either way, I"m planning in the near future to recreate this same grenade (NO RECASTING), using a REAL TIMER instead. I know, I still have to cast more helmets and make more vests that I owe around (sorry for the delay... life's a bitch sometimes, and little time available), but I am for sure trying to make people happy with their product purchase, and have feedback for criticism so I could improve. I don't (and I will NEVER) pre-charge people for stuff, specially if I don't have something concrete or pre-done to offer.

Sorry for the rant. But if he's a member here, let me know.

RB 2772

starwars-darthvader SW-Imperial game-xbox robo-rights
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:15 am Reply with quote

From what I have been told "Videobob" is a well known re-caster and an overall shady guy, so we don't recommend doing business with him. He has had issues and got himself banned on other forums such GBfans.com, RPF and did register on the archive some years ago but never posted.

For more about him check this topic:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/emails-ive-recived-videobob-178695/

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
DarthVader1
L-L1

L-L1

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:21 am Reply with quote

That's what I figured, since I'm also a member on both the RPF and GB Fans forums, and that's all I've heard. So thank you.

Have that said... I have to say this... AVOID "BOBS_PROP_SHOP" or "VIDEO BOB"at all cost!

I wanted to say that on the very first post, but just to make sure I didn't want to be in trouble. Reason just to let you know how a ROBO prop is sold, and the business is all but not happy on the way it goes, unless you submit a complaint or "case" via Ebay.

I'm surprised he still has 100% feedback on his Ebay account, after all this issues he was told.

RB 2772

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:14 am Reply with quote

How much was the grenade? If it wasn't more than 20 dollars it is cool... And if you paid more the fault is all your own, lol. Was there not a pic of the font on that timer in the selling page? I love ya but what do ya want if you saw it beforehand. If you didn't see it and went in blind than you have more money than sense. This Bob character may be bad news, but surely you weren't squeezed with over 400 lbs of feet torque to make you buy it... Out a new sticker on it. I am sure you are more than capable of it. And thanks for the warning not to buy from him... Is this post all over the place? Miller High Life...

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
DarthVader1
L-L1

L-L1

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote

$69.99 + $10 for shipping. I know, it's pricey. Confused

I wanted to have it, for the reason that I could make it myself (no recast) according to the measurements and dimensions of the one on hand, and thinking about make the timer a real one, as an alarm clock or something, to offer it to members at a not-so expensive price.

Also, he's selling the car vinyl decal set (2 Detroit Police placards, 2 number 158 tail numbers)... for $99 + $10 shipping... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! And they're not even magnetic. I could definitely have those made for way cheaper than that.

RB 2772

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:28 am Reply with quote

I think I remember posting that grenade thread before, but I never realised that Bob was a total dick.

Thanks for clearing that up, Archive. I was a real sucker for jerks like him, but now I understand.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
MattgomeryBurns
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:35 am Reply with quote

Just coming across this since I'm new here and trying to read through past threads. This guy is a known recaster in the Back to the Future community too. I've never heard good things about him.

RB 217

hamburger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard