New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

[Concept and Wishes] Robocop: The Telltale Series

JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:24 pm Reply with quote

So yeah, I kinda wanted to stress this is a sort of wish list post but hell it might come true.

So watching Batman: Telltale Series Season 1 and 2, and seeing how much leverage they got and how violent it was made me think "This could work with Robocop".

In all "in my Robocop" tradition it could be set after the original movie, replacing 2 and 3 but actually could take some elements to those movies and establish its own universe.

A Telltale game could get around the whole "Robocop is slow and invincible" thing which ruins things like health pick ups/regen. They still have interactivity in it.

The game would explore a like Robocop/Murphy personality thing. How he acts towards Lewis, Reed, Mysterious tech girl that might have been Lazarus, The Old Man, Johnson and maybe Murphy's wife. How he arrests/kills people etc.

I've kinda sold myself on a game that will never exist, I am sad now.

RB 710

cake
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:32 am Reply with quote

JohnBoyAdvance :
it could be set after the original movie, replacing 2 and 3 but actually could take some elements to those movies and establish its own universe.

Hasn't this been done enough, though? This is the setting of most Robocop stories from the past 30 or so years. Those elements have been used and abused for decades, do we really wanna keep doing slight variations of the same thing?

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:07 pm Reply with quote

I agree. Telltale would do an awesome job with the character.

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:02 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
JohnBoyAdvance :
it could be set after the original movie, replacing 2 and 3 but actually could take some elements to those movies and establish its own universe.

Hasn't this been done enough, though? This is the setting of most Robocop stories from the past 30 or so years. Those elements have been used and abused for decades, do we really wanna keep doing slight variations of the same thing?

True... I guess I just want a good chunk of the characters coming back. Maybe just doing a new story completely would be best. I mean the Batman series they do can be completely different.

RB 710

cake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard