New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

New movie - RoboCop Returns - Directed by Neill Blomkamp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Judge Black
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:54 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :

Didnīt he make the same thing with Alien? They got free publicity with these (almost) dead franchises and then they move to their own thing.

The studio never announced he would make Aien 5, it was him jockeying for position, whereas he's officially attached to RoboCop Returns.

RB 306

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:34 pm Reply with quote

Judge Black :
ChAnOoD :

Didnīt he make the same thing with Alien? They got free publicity with these (almost) dead franchises and then they move to their own thing.

The studio never announced he would make Aien 5, it was him jockeying for position, whereas he's officially attached to RoboCop Returns.

In an ideal world, Robocop Returns would end with a post-credits scene setting up Robocop vs. Aliens.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:46 pm Reply with quote

Seeing Weller involved in Robocop at all is great news. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed the sequels, remakes, etc. but Weller IS Robocop for me. For a long time it seemed that he was opposed to it, at least that was what I gleaned from interviews. Thanks to the good people at KFC, he's in costume again and now the movie in production!
I don't know much about Neill Blomkamp, but I did enjoy District 9. It seems like a good match. I wonder if they will be using CGI or good old-fashioned costumes/suits, etc. The only thing more fun that seeing Weller in that damn suit is hearing him complain about it later in the featurettes and behind the scenes videos!

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
BurnOne4Robo
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:43 pm Reply with quote

Blomkamp is no longer directing Robocop Returns...here we go again.

Tweet from Neill Blomkamp:

"Off Robocop. I am shooting new horror/thriller and MGM can't wait/need to shoot Robocop now. Excited to watch it in theaters with other fans."

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/08/15/neill-blomkamp-will-no-longer-direct-robocop-returns

Sounds like MGM interfering, again. Why else would Blomkamp choose another project over his self described "dream project" of Robocop? IF the problem is just "MGM needs to shoot Robocop now" then why on Earth would Blomkamp say "nah, I need to to do this other thing first, and it can't wait. Can we put my dream project on the back burner?"

RB 226

robocop-figure4 nuke-black-thunder magnavolt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard