New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Cain vs Ed209?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:12 pm Reply with quote

Sorry for being lazy here, but was there supposed to be a scene of Cain vs Ed209s in the original Rocop2 script?

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:07 am Reply with quote

Mindchamber :
Sorry for being lazy here, but was there supposed to be a scene of Cain vs Ed209s in the original Rocop2 script?

Yes indeed, RoboCAIN was supposed to fight two EDs during his rampage at the Civic Centrum. I believe that even made its way into much later scripts, just was never shot IIRC

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:10 pm Reply with quote

Thanks!
I wonder if it got as far as storyboards,.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:28 pm Reply with quote

Good that you brought this up.
Pretty recently I did try to find some solid evidence that this scene was ever scripted or in some way planned but i have yet to see any trace of this which is interesting.

I have three versions of the RoboCop2 script as well as a short outline and there is no mention of a ED-209 vs RoboCain fight anywhere. You'd think that the first Frank Miller script that was unfilmable ( and later made into a comic) would have had this scene but there is no trace of it.

Does anyone have any proof of it? Was it ever mentioned in any articles or interviews?

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:08 pm Reply with quote

looks like we got ourselves an Urban Legend, lol.

I guess we can harass Miller on FB? I'm curious for sure.

RB 8111

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:01 pm Reply with quote

Was it perhaps in Ed Naha's novelisation? I have the R1 and R2 books somewhere, must dig them out for a re-read.

RB 18145

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:20 am Reply with quote

Archive :
Pretty recently I did try to find some solid evidence that this scene was ever scripted or in some way planned but i have yet to see any trace of this which is interesting.

I have three versions of the RoboCop2 script as well as a short outline and there is no mention of a ED-209 vs RoboCain fight anywhere. You'd think that the first Frank Miller script that was unfilmable ( and later made into a comic) would have had this scene but there is no trace of it.

Does anyone have any proof of it? Was it ever mentioned in any articles or interviews?

Man are we having some Mandela Effect shit happenin here? I coulda sworn on the RA site itself this tidbit was posted, as part of a script portion. It included dialogue from The Old Man and someone else.. I wanna say Johnson but I think it was Holzgang the lawyer for some reason. Anyway Old Man is quoted saying 'this could look bad for OCP' as he does in the film but instead the other person says 'The situation is about to be contained', and then the next part in the script is saying it cuts and we see two EDs stomping along about to engage RC2..

Although I guess that was hearsay and when Mr. Archive found that out it was taken down. Still though I'm pretty sure the reference had some basis in fact somewhere, otherwise it wouldn't be a thing at all.

Maybe.

Bah.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:48 am Reply with quote

I like where this rabbit hole is going.

RB 8111

Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:06 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
I coulda sworn on the RA site itself this tidbit was posted, as part of a script portion. ~~ Although I guess that was hearsay and when Mr. Archive found that out it was taken down.

Yeah. The scene description was originally posted on this forum and then on the site, but eventually got removed when i couldn't get any kind of proof such as a scanned script page.

I'm not saying it isn't true, but so far I've seen nothing that backs it up.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:13 pm Reply with quote

Here is the old scene description that was on the forum and site before it got removed:

Quote:
The Old Man says "this could look bad for OCP Johnson", Holzgang replys "Both units are about to be contained Sir". We immediately cut to two ED-209's, each approaching RoboCop and Cain from opposite sides.

Murphy turns on one of the units, but Cain beats him down. One of the ED-209's blasts Cain. This pisses Cain off who blows it into pieces with his rocket launcher. The other ED clouts him one on the back of his head with it's gunarm.

Cain spins around, and gets smacked by ED again. Cain punches it through the head with it's punch-arm thing and the unit shuts down. Meanwhile, Murphy is crawling away - some police open fire and he turns his attention on them.

After dispatching of them, he can't see Robo and once again goes after the police. Robo goes inside gets the Nuke and it's basically the same thereafter.

RB 348130

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:19 am Reply with quote

On the one hand, I can see it because there is an half-inexplicable gap where Murphy is just walking off while RC2 begins his rampage - It seems a bit off Murphy wouldn't try something more as RoboCAIN starts slaughtering people before thinking of the Nuke, and even then again there's a bit of a gap where I could see Robo going for getting the Nuke but getting interrupted by this fight and having to crawl away from it before making it inside the Civic Centrum.

Having said that, a few technical/continuity incongruousness here. RC2 doesn't have a rocket launcher.. and the closest thing he does have - his big cannon - was already destroyed by Robo before they made it outside. Also seems like the point where Cain 'searches' for Robo is quite different compared to the carnage scene we got.

Basically if this is true it definitely never made it to or near the shooting script. Still, I want to think this wasn't just totally pulled outta someone's ass here.

RB 52679

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:18 pm Reply with quote

Theres definitely a gap there, Robo heads back into the office at street level, So Im guessing he climbed out first? I'm guessing He thought Cain was going to be incapacitated long enough to get the Nuke.. The reporters around the hole before Cain Smashed through has me thinking maybe they were asking Robocop questions.

Is there a part where they ask him if he's jealous?. (sorry I cant remember, and Im too lazy to put on the Dvd Smile

RB 8111

Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:40 pm Reply with quote

Mindchamber :
Is there a part where they ask him if he's jealous?.

RB 348130

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:28 pm Reply with quote

ahh Ok, so he does crawl out first, couldn't find the clips online showed that,
thanks

RB 8111

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard