New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop – 35th Anniversary Ultimate Figures by NECA

Jyrki Piirainen
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:33 pm Reply with quote

These new figures are Robocop Ultimate 7″ Scale Figure, and a Battle Damaged Robocop with Chair Ultimate 7″ Scale with Peter Weller's Face coming from NECA: https://news.toyark.com/2021/11/29/robocop-35th-anniversary-ultimate-figures-by-neca-452003

RB 304

Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:53 pm Reply with quote

Speaking of anniversaries, I guess it’ll be next July when “RoboDoc” comes out. Just hope the sequel and series material gets released, too. There really can’t be much more, that hasn’t already been said, to reveal as new info about film #1. Even with the Weller interview, he went into the whole shitstorm over the suit and Orion nearly abandoning the picture for a convention chat called “Ain’t It Cool News”. That’s on YouTube and it’s a great 5-10 minutes of him going into it.

RB 2500

hamburger batman-card comic2-robocop comic4-robocop
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:33 pm Reply with quote

I really want the Weller sculpt...but where's my Nancy Allen / Anne Lewis?! I demand answers!!!!

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:28 pm Reply with quote

RoboWags :
I really want the Weller sculpt...but where's my Nancy Allen / Anne Lewis?! I demand answers!!!!

I wanted the battle damaged one... until I saw the price. Almost 100 bucks (at least here), so I think I´ll pass. I already had a Neca Robo. But yes, I´d happy get Lewis, Emil, Clarence or anything else from the films.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:43 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
RoboWags :

I wanted the battle damaged one... until I saw the price. Almost 100 bucks (at least here), so I think I´ll pass. I already had a Neca Robo. But yes, I´d happy get Lewis, Emil, Clarence or anything else from the films.

I feel exactly the same way. NECA has really beaten the horse to a pulp with this sculpt. I can't remember when they put out their first RoboCop figure but it's gotta be around a decade by now of the same exact sculpt in many different versions. And let's be honest, it's far from the best 7" figure. It's a solid RoboCop figure for sure, but a bit lacking in articulation, posability, and general detail to warrant an "ultimate" edition after all this time.

The chair is very appealing, on the other hand, as this is the first totally new RoboCop accessory NECA has offered aside from maybe some weapons from the RvT line. And the chair itself is great, but of course they have to milk this for all its worth too. The chair comes with the battle damaged figure... but the TV monitor clearly shows a clean RoboCop sitting in the chair! I could put my regular version in the chair, but the paintjob would clearly look off, and it would be frustrating knowing there is a better version that could be sitting in the chair. So then what they are encouraging you to do is buy two more versions of a figure I already have two versions of.

I'll pass. I already have two versions, the basic version and the glow in the dark version. And just to throw a little more shade on NECA, I must say their glow in the dark RoboCop is by far the weakest of all three glow in the dark RoboCops I own. The NECA version does not really glow anymore, but I can see the Super 7 and Kenny Nightfighter Robos glowing as I fall asleep every night... and the Nightfighter figure is over 30 years old! NECA's use of the RoboCop license has been frustrating all around, because they started with a solid foundation and then just didn't do anything else with it. At the end of the day these Ultimate versions are not bad, the pricing isn't too absurd, and these would be a good purchase for someone looking for their first RoboCop figure. It's just a shame that NECA has been peddling the same solitary sculpt of RoboCop as the entire use of the RoboCop license for the past decade or so.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:59 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
The chair is very appealing, on the other hand, as this is the first totally new RoboCop accessory NECA has offered aside from maybe some weapons from the RvT line. And the chair itself is great, but of course they have to milk this for all its worth too. The chair comes with the battle damaged figure... but the TV monitor clearly shows a clean RoboCop sitting in the chair! I could put my regular version in the chair, but the paintjob would clearly look off, and it would be frustrating knowing there is a better version that could be sitting in the chair. So then what they are encouraging you to do is buy two more versions of a figure I already have two versions of.

It makes more sense to had the "clean" one with the chair and the battle damage with other accesories, for sure. Plus, Weller´s face on the figure was ok, but not too impressive. For some reason it feels like a cartoon version of the likeness more than an actual likeness of the Dr.

RoboPimp :
At the end of the day these Ultimate versions are not bad, the pricing isn't too absurd, and these would be a good purchase for someone looking for their first RoboCop figure. It's just a shame that NECA has been peddling the same solitary sculpt of RoboCop as the entire use of the RoboCop license for the past decade or so.

Maybe they´re trying to finish their stock just adding a few things more in a fancy package? The battle damaged one interested me because, well... It´s battle damaged, and a little bit different from the previous ones. But I already had too many RoboCop figures, so I´ll skip that (unless they drop the price for some reason).

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:56 pm Reply with quote

off topic has anyone made a cain figure that's actually poseable?

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:25 am Reply with quote

I can't justify the cost just to get the chair... We REALLY need new figures... The cost of doing a new figure is probably cheaper than what Weller charged for his likeness anyway lol

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:21 am Reply with quote

Mindchamber :
off topic has anyone made a cain figure that's actually poseable?

Hiya Toys is working on one. I´m afraid it won´t do much, but it looks cute.

RoboWags :
We REALLY need new figures... The cost of doing a new figure is probably cheaper than what Weller charged for his likeness anyway lol

Yup. And I guess you could skip some likeness rights when you´re working on a Melting Emil or, I don´t know, Otomo with his broken face? I meant, I understand we all love Robo, but it´d be cool to have something new for a while. As I said earlier, I thought of getting these, but I had too much RoboFigures of the man himself. I think I´d only get news if I have a chance to get something like Hot Toys, quality wise, or something quite "different" from the hundreds of figures of the character. Plus:

RoboWags :
I can't justify the cost just to get the chair

RB 11786

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard