New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Making my own robo armour out of cardboard!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

thechief01
O-L3

O-L3

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:22 am Reply with quote

This just keeps getting better and better and as robopimp says its not just a cardboard suit, amazing work Very Happy

RB 283

Vader1
R-L4

R-L4

Comment: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed.

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote

Outstanding work!!! Amazing skill with cardboard!

RB 341

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote

I've never had a foot fetish.

I do now.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
meathead316
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Comment: Get to da choppa!!!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments! And if you think its turning out to be a pretty accurate suit, just wait and see what ive got instore for the cherry on top of my robo-armour sundae!

anyways more on that later, foot fetishest will be pleased to know that the feet are both done!

BOOM:

this image shows my shoe snugly inside the robofoot. I need to buy another pair of these shoes in black to permanently install into the feet.

the front of the robo-toes! the toes will be hinged on with small hinges i am yet to buy, if they flap back down on their own then great, if not they will be fitted with springs/elastic to pull them back.

foot and lower leg together (ignore the piston sticking out of the top as the calf would be slightly higher when being worn)

shows bent toes and piston movement....

but not as good as this video does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz2Y5upp-T8&feature=youtu.be

I needed to know whether the toes and piston were moving as they should be and as you cans ee from the video they do |)

So thats the waist down pretty much done, only a case of making hinges at the knee and ankle out of plastic so all the parts stay aligned as they should and dont slip up/down or rotate around my leg.

So now I am moving onto the upper arms next and will crack on with that tomorrow/day after.

Keep the comments and questions coming and stay tuned for updates!

RB 9810

dc-batman dc-superman conan-sword batman-card IronMan-Logo
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:10 pm Reply with quote

My keyboard is a mess.

RB 17812

SiR-ROUND
ABC WARRIOR

OCP3 - L3

Comment: Oh my god! They killed Kinney!

OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:34 pm Reply with quote

Shit's on fire... Ow... Wait...

RB 3346

judge-dredd judge-dredd-lawgiver judge-dredd-abcwarrior RoboCain-v2 terminator-endo terminator-skull evildead-book2 klf-album1
meathead316
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote

u been smoking them funny cigarettes Sir?

I bought two sall hinges for the feet, and Ive been working on the upper arms, nothing worth showing yet and work is gonna half for a few days as im off for a short break, but will get back on it on monday

RB 9810

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:43 pm Reply with quote

impressive work!

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
meathead316
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:28 pm Reply with quote

Hello!

Im back from my holiday and since it was bank holiday today due to some Jew bully or something I had plenty of time to get some work done on the arms.

So far I have built up th layers on the upper arms and they are now at a point where i need to add all the detail bits (which is tomorrows job)

a pic:

RB 9810

Superquad7
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:54 am Reply with quote

Wow, this is looking great!

RB 549

Scratch Card
meathead316
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote

Thanks!

ive done some more work on the arms Smile i have taken a slightly different approach than i did for the legs, instead of doing uppers, then lowers, im kinda just doing the whle lot at the same time.

the lowers are built up and just need details carving into them. the uppers still require a fair bit of work (still trying to figure out the best way to do the rounded bit at the shoulder)

heres a pic:

I cant wait for the arms to be done coz then i get to do the hands (which ive been looking forward to for weeks!) I have to good/crazy ideas i wanna experiement with.. but im not gonna go into that now, you'll just have to wait and see |)

RB 9810

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:56 am Reply with quote

You need a licence for those firearms chief.

HERE COMES THE GUN SHOW!

RB 17812

meathead316
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:04 am Reply with quote

GET YA TICKETS TO THE GUN SHOW!

Ok maybe not....

Maybe these arms are more to your liking:

Firstly a few pics the wife took on her phone of me wearing the torso and arms for quick test fit before i added all the fine details (sorry for poor quality)

scale seems good to me

damnit woman cant you hold a camera steady?!!

Dont ask em what the hell kind of pose this is, just wanted a shot to show i can actually move my arms (a bit)

And now for the juicy stuff, the close ups of the arms. When i completed the legs i was well chuffed with them, the arms are way way waaaay better than the legs and turned out better than i had hoped so im well happy Smile

At present the upper and lower parts are being hinged with a couple of wooden sticks.... this will be replaced with bolts when i get them along with plastic inserts (kinda like giant washers) around the hinges to prevent tearing.

anyways enough talk... BEHOLD:

All that detail took ages to carve out, but was well worth it.

The curve on the tops of the arms and the biceps was a bit of a pain in the ass, but with some stragegic folds here and there i got the curves i needed

You may notice the only details i missed out are the rivet looking things dotted all over the place. Im gonna find some actual rivety type things that i can just glue on as they will look better than cardboard ones.

backs of the arms. anyone know what them sticky outy bits are meant to be on the upper part of the right arm (the one on the left in the pic)

One last photo, this one really shows off the curves and helps highlight the details i carved out and how deep i had to carve them.

So thats the arms now done! Smile

hats next on the agenda you ask? The next thing I am bulding is the gloves, but before i do im going to make them platic washer inserts for the arms, and also make some for the knees and ankles. I will then wear it all and make a test video to see if everything moves as it should because if i need to make the arms shorter or longer a bit (lets hope not) then the gloves would have to be altered also) So my next update should be a video Smile

Thats all for now

|)

RB 9810

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote

Fuckin' gorgeous.

And so is the suit you've been working on.

It looks great. It's detailed, it has a good size/bulkiness to it and the details are great. I can't wait to see it painted and fully assembled.

RB 17812

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard