New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Facts and Fiction #4 - The old man and Delta City

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote

Our original series "RoboCop: Facts & Fiction" finally returns and in this 4th episode we take a closer look at Delta City as well as the Old man.

The planning, and building, of Delta city is a storyline that progresses through all the three RoboCop movies. But it was not until the TV series that the old mans dream finally, became a reality. And what about the Old man himself? Although very little is known about the head of Omni Consumer products, he appears in most versions of RoboCop, in various incarnations.

video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MzBUyIpG5k

RB 348819

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:07 pm Reply with quote

awesome work guys, very pro, and really informative!

Nice touch at the end, where's you get that?

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quote

I second what MC said.

It's great to see everything laid out for the viewer (such as different source materials versions of Detroit/Delta City) and the presentation is very good.

As for new ideas for another episode, I would like to see one focusing on the inner workings of Robo and how each source material varies in their designs.

But I fear there may not be enough content to cover that subject.

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Langlang1701
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:24 pm Reply with quote

I really like these videos. Each is very well done.

I would like to see a video on the evolution an variations of the characters in the RoboCop universe. Namely: Murphy and his partners in the movies and tv shows.
Also the evolution of the remake from fan petitions for Robo 4 to the Padilla 2013 remake

Still wanna see more of these no matter the subject.

RB 142

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:00 pm Reply with quote

I would like an episode on the tumultuous relationship between Rob Botin and Paul V Smile

and the many designs and iterations the outer suit went through.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Officer Igor Antunes
Detroit Police | Omnicorp

Sgt-L2

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote

As always, a great, sharp work. Good job!!

Where can i read this RoboCop3 script? Is it any good? Better than the movie itself?

RB 1741

Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote

Mindchamber :
Nice touch at the end, where's you get that?

A guy on youtube contacted me a while ago and showed me this ED-209 model he had made. I asked him if he could make a custom animation for me and luckily he agreed. I think it turned out really cool.

Josh :
I would like to see one focusing on the inner workings of Robo and how each source material varies in their designs.

But I fear there may not be enough content to cover that subject.

Yup, i think we got as much info we could get on Robo in the third episode. After that it would be too much guessing and speculation.

Officer Igor Antunes :
Where can i read this RoboCop3 script? Is it any good? Better than the movie itself?

I bought the Robo3 script from Ebay recently, and it was mostly just because of the fact that the Old man was still in it. I expected a lot more changes and deleted scenes but there is not all that much that differs from the finished movie.

There are some rare occasions when things are a bit more mature and less kid friendly however. Robo does not shoot a hole in the car roof, instead he just punch the roof off. Robo also shoot and kill the splatter punks that put him on fire. There is also an incredibly lame "love" scene with Robo and Marie. Those that has read the Dark Horse Robo3 comic will know what this is.

RB 348819

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Metronet
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: And now a word on nutrition

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:48 am Reply with quote

Great work, as always! Thanks for sharing it, Archive.

The Old Man/Chairman is the only character I know can change genders and not really skip a beat. Such a powerful position this character has that senior execs would be practically killing each other for the chance to be next in line for the honorable title.

In the versions of Robocop where Delta City is already built, that implies that the crime rate has been reduced or at least pushed out of the development core to the point where the City can be raised. I wonder if the RoboCop's existence had a significant impact in controlling crime and therefore pave the way for a destined Delta City. Also, I'm mixed as to the achievement of a Delta City being a good or bad thing as this was the ultimate goal of a heartless corporation.

If I can suggest an idea for future Facts and Fiction topics, it would a Meet-the-Murphys or the involvement of Alex Murphy's family in RoboCop's new life. Each Robocop version has them serve different dramatic purposes as well as highlight Murphy's character. This subject will likely make me teary..just like all the Murphys who get to confront Robo!

RB 111

game-xbox
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote

Great video, it was nice to see some cartoon material make it to get the full picture. As far as the Old Man goes, well he's one of my favorites and I was sad he wasn't around in Robocop 3 to see his dream realized.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:18 am Reply with quote

Great video! Quite detailed and informative Smile
I've always had the feeling that in R1 the Old Man isn't close to his R2 interpretation as an evil takeover company man.

Also, where did that RoboCop 3 storyboard in the R3 script shot come from? I'm curious, because it looks like it's pretty much what the Title Screen of the NES game was based on.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote

Metronet :
If I can suggest an idea for future Facts and Fiction topics, it would a Meet-the-Murphys or the involvement of Alex Murphy's family in RoboCop's new life.

Thanks, that is a good idea actually. That said, I'm unsure how much interest such an episode would have to the masses. This 4th "old man" episode has gotten a rather cold response and that is always the problem and challenge with going in depth like this. To provide topics that would interest as many as possible and not just the hardcore fans.

The next one I would do is to cover all the symbolisms in the first movie. Which could hopefully be an interesting one with varied content. Remains when I have the time to start working on that though.

RoboFan_93 :
Also, where did that RoboCop 3 storyboard in the R3 script shot come from?

It was on the second page of the Robo3 script. Doesn't say who did it, but probably Fred Dekker or Frank Miller.

RB 348819

RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:23 am Reply with quote

I just watched all 4 of these and I very much enjoy them! Very well done! The production value is superb.

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard