New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop script leaked? (possible spoilers??)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    INDEX -> General Robo Discussion
RMorrison81
O-L5

O-L5

Comment: Is there anything I can reasonably do to change your course of action..?

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
RMorrison81 :
A number of the character names have changed (I take it Antoine Vallon is now AC Freemon?)

I noticed that, which made it a bit confusing to relate to current casting. What is Michael Keatons character (Raymond Sellars) named in the script?

Sellars I believe is Prince or whatever it was. Mattox = Maddox (Quite simple that one) - I think the rest are pretty much the same.

RB 315

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote

RMorrison81 :
Sellars I believe is Prince or whatever it was. Mattox = Maddox (Quite simple that one) - I think the rest are pretty much the same.

Thanks!

I noticed they also did a "Robo:PD" in that they made Murphy's partner more bad ass than Robo himself. In the new movie Lewis kills more bad guys than Robo. Major bad guys also, that I think Robo should have had the satisfaction to get his revenge on.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote

i think the sad reality is. the whole pantomime/machine gesture aspect of robocop is pretty much gone.. Wellers moves, created a surreal animatronic vibe, that looks like it will be pretty much gone in this movie, with all his jumps and ninja flips..
Thats something I definitely will miss.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:42 pm Reply with quote

Mindchamber :
i think the sad reality is. the whole pantomime/machine gesture aspect of robocop is pretty much gone..

Yeah, I doubt there will be much robotic stuff in his movement at all. They are clearly going for a faster, smoother superhero character.

Which is a pity, I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that one of the things that drew me to RoboCop in the first place was the robotic aspect of it. The bulky machine. RoboCop was noisy, his walking was loud. It was a robotic monster. It was cool and terrifying at the same time.

Now with Robo running, jumping around and riding his Tron bike I'm not so sure there is much for me to this new character.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Bauc
O-L4

O-L4

Comment: Dead or Alive you are comming with me

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Mindchamber :
i think the sad reality is. the whole pantomime/machine gesture aspect of robocop is pretty much gone..

Yeah, I doubt there will be much robotic stuff in his movement at all. They are clearly going for a faster, smoother superhero character.

Which is a pity, I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that one of the things that drew me to RoboCop in the first place was the robotic aspect of it. The bulky machine. RoboCop was noisy, his walking was loud. It was a robotic monster. It was cool and terrifying at the same time.

Now with Robo running, jumping around and riding his Tron bike I'm not so sure there is much for me to this new character.

I totally agree man, those robo movements are just perfect

RB 449

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:22 am Reply with quote

any time the french put on a robo suit they botch the movement, even if it's a small suit.

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Muhlmi
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:03 am Reply with quote

That's why I really didn't like the new Robo at all. It doesn't seem like Robocop with all the superhero moves, flashy armor, tazers, etc... It looks more like another Iron Man film.

RB 13

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote

I also was preferring the story we were coming up with through our assumptions and guesstimations.

The Idea of him losing his humanity the longer he's a robot was a great idea, that isnt played up that much.
I thought he was going to be this full cognitive free talking cyborg when the movie began, and as he started to get hurt in the line of fire, (losing his hand in the process, realizing he isnt human), they slowly kept removing parts of his brain, to compensate. Until he is completely the robocop we know.
I wanted his family and lewis bring him back, moreso than himself, which I thought would've been a nice change from the orginal. This "kinda" happens in that script, but, I guess not as much as I wouldve liked.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
carlosbealerto
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote

Could someone send me a copy of the script!?! I really want to read it!!!!

THANKS!!!

BTW, I've joined like... 946986 forums looking for it, and for whatever reason, even though I've been visiting this site for months, I never thought of joining this forum until now... haha

Here's hoping for a well deserved Robo revival... One can only hope

RB 5

Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote

I also missed to download it while the link was vital. How can I get that script?

RB 787

game-xbox
Officer Igor Antunes
Detroit Police | Omnicorp

Sgt-L2

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote

You guys just step back a few pages in this topic, or there'll be trouble. lol

RB 1741

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:24 pm Reply with quote

Officer Igor Antunes :
You guys just step back a few pages in this topic, or there'll be trouble. lol

Muhlmi :
Here is the link to the leaked script, as promised. I'm not sure which draft it is,but this is complete. Of course, the final film will probably differ somewhat, but at least we have the basic plot.

Have a look and let me know what you think:

LINK REMOVED (to stay out of trouble)

If the link doesn't work, please let me know and I'll try to upload the file; hopefully one of the administrators can help me do that. Thanks and have fun reading it.

It's gone Igor.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard