New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

They have the future under control...

AK
DC-L1

DC-L1

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:20 am Reply with quote

I will preface this with the fact I love Robocop to my very core. I have loved our hero longer than some of fans on here have been alive I'm sure (though mind you I'm not saying I'm any better). I don't look at Robocop as a franchise (as with the rest of the Robo-community ), in fact back when I saw the movie as a kid there were no robo-the-action figure, robo-the-lunchbox, robo-the-flame-thrower etc etc etc. There was just a brilliant movie. Back before we could tear apart movies on the net we looked at movies as kind of a form of magic. I suppose we were much more naive back then, more innocent... Then again there were also fresh ideas back then...

I am both excited and unnerved about the remake/reboot/whatever the fuck. I have a feeling that the memory of our movie will be reduced to the 'go the safe way, make a movie with a lot of eye candy to appease a larger, dumb, instant gratification-seeking, not-being-able-to-see-below-the-surface-of-their-own-asses' zombie horde who would probably see a lot of robots, nifty explosions, pretty women, token black people, and say DAMN that movie was awesome!

Nowadays there is no more seeing beneath the surface. No more layers, artistic vision, or original thinking. I miss when films were art and not product...

RB 3269

alien-pulse-rifle
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:06 am Reply with quote

I agree with every word. I'll watch this movie and most likely enjoy it but for none of the same reasons I enjoy the original other than the namesake. It will most likely be a PG-13 popcorn flick with maybe a little depth and quality acting but that's it. I have faith that Padilha is a really good director and they've assemble quite an impressive cast and crew but ultimately it's just a big studio cash-in on a tentpole franchise and that's how I look at it.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard