New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

how to wear the suit?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

oggieboggie
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:41 am Reply with quote

For the chin, my suit came with a fiberglass one...once the helmet was on I put the chin pc in place and pushed the chin guard in place, then marked and trimmed the top off. Put a strap on the chin guard that goesfrom side to side, over the back of my head, it holds the chin guard in place.

RB 7

Quagmire9
O-L5

O-L5

Comment: Come on Sall, the Tigers are playing . . . TONIGHT!!!! . . . i never miss a game.

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote

always been worried look at the FG chin guards. are the comfy? do they have a tendancy to rove when you are talking or moving? just always wondered how people got on with them compared to the foam ones.

RB 262

robocop-helmet ultra1 award
DarthVader1
L-L1

L-L1

Comment: I find your lack of faith disturbing!

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote

When it comes to the "anticlaus" helmet, with the proper padding and fit...YES, since they go attached by magnets...but if you move the chin too drastically, it could fall.

jclayman is working on a similar helmet, but I think he's going to do something better with the magnet attachment system.

I don't know or heard about other helmets with different fiberglass chins before, though.

RB 2772

starwars-darthvader SW-Imperial game-xbox robo-rights
hotrodled
O-L4

O-L4

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:44 am Reply with quote

Anyone know how much the suit weighs? It it hard getting used to walking around with it on? Is it very hot to wear?

Thanks,Dave

RB 128

game-xbox Scratch Card hamburger
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:34 pm Reply with quote

Wieght never bugged me its not very heavy,Its hot very very hot suprisingly hot and uncofortable it will pinch and scratch you wear no man should be pinched and scratched,It's visability that really sucks you have to really have faith in where your headed to when your walking,but even at all this it's bad ass it stops traffic makes the girls swoon and cops drool never met a chick that did'nt want a pic with Murphy.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
hotrodled
O-L4

O-L4

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote

Chicks Dig The Suit! Got Ya!

RB 128

game-xbox Scratch Card hamburger
milbo
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote

i originally fot a foam chinguard the same as in the pics but it was too thick to wear so I first made a vac formed one which was really difficult to make due to the shape then made a latex one which was great to wear but not as shiny as the plastic. Pics on my site www.robocop.co.uk but not doing them at the moment as moulds are now tired. Smile

RB 1726

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard