New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Could Lewis have saved Murphy's life??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kevlar Antelope
Crime Prevention Unit

Sgt-L5

Comment: Kuwabara, Kuwabara...

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:59 am Reply with quote

If Lewis didn't look at Joe's wanker, Murphy would still have been in one piece with his family. But then again they didn't have to rush in there alone with no back up.

But then again shouldn't we thank her? Without her Robo wouldn't have been born.

mr green

RB 1453

TMNT LaraCroft James Bond
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:49 pm Reply with quote

I doubt that she could have saved him. More liklely get herself killed even earlier.
I remeber that once I was watching R3 on TV with my aunt and when Lewis got shot she said:
"Oh, so now they're gonna make her Robocop 3!"
There was also a fan poster that showed a shadow of a Lewis-like Crime Prevention Unit and it said "RobocopS 4"

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quote

Law Giver :
Didnt she step in front of Robo? Maybe her hair got in Murphy's way?!

I figure she let one go when she stepped in front of him and all he could think about was "God, what has Lewis been eating?...."

Totally took him off his game.

You know..all this talk about Joe's Wang....i think that will be my new excuse for everything now.

I'm late for work...

My Boss: "Why were you late?"

Me: "Well, If it wasn't for Joe's Wang, I'd been here sooner."

My Boss: "Shocked ?????"

Joe's Goddamn Wang. How I despise thee. Evil or Very Mad

RB 495

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:44 am Reply with quote

Law Giver :
* Also, I thought I saw a shotgun in the car, but they never took it.

Actually it was a CAR-15 Assualt Carbine on their on-board holder. But, hey, it's not like taking that would have helped much more anyway..

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Law Giver
Law Master of Aquilonia

L-L4

Comment: Boob Snortin' and Dicky Boy

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:08 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Law Giver :

Actually it was a CAR-15 Assualt Carbine on their on-board holder. But, hey, it's not like taking that would have helped much more anyway..

Yep thats what it was, knew there was something there. I think Mepthisto's comments must come into play, BIG TIME. Like in Alien, Kain has some kinda gun during the egg discovery scene, but Dallas claimed they had no guns or atleast they never bothered to use them against the Xenomorph. Chalk it up to movie fuck ups and director botch-jobs.

RB 723

judge-dredd-lawgiver conan-sword punisher-skull conan-sword2 terminator-skull Rambo-Knife
Cincinnatus
R-L4

R-L4

Comment: It is better to be feared then loved.

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:15 am Reply with quote

Law Giver :
Stan The Man :
Law Giver :

Yep thats what it was, knew there was something there. I think Mepthisto's comments must come into play, BIG TIME. Like in Alien, Kain has some kinda gun during the egg discovery scene, but Dallas claimed they had no guns or atleast they never bothered to use them against the Xenomorph. Chalk it up to movie fuck ups and director botch-jobs.

It is a pulse rifle isn't it?

RB 27

predator-mask punisher-skull
Law Giver
Law Master of Aquilonia

L-L4

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:20 am Reply with quote

In Alien? Looked like some kinda uzi or something done up to look like futuristic pistol or laser gun. Not sure if theres any pics of it online, best viewed during the SE DVD with widescreen.

RB 723

judge-dredd-lawgiver conan-sword punisher-skull conan-sword2 terminator-skull Rambo-Knife
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:22 am Reply with quote

Law Giver :
Like in Alien, Kain has some kinda gun during the egg discovery scene, but Dallas claimed they had no guns or atleast they never bothered to use them against the Xenomorph.

I think Kane using the gun when he encounters the egg isn't in the regular movie (deleted scene or something), but I thought I remembered in the regular movie that Kane said 'We better break out the weapons' right before they left the ship, or something to that effect.

Anyway, back to the topic, IMO, as it's already been said, ALL of the actions made by Lewis and Murphy after they pull up to the van we're against police procedure and training, against common sense, even.

In the case that Lewis did get Joe, she probably still would have been killed just like Murphy, or worse, and therefore, no, I don't think she could have saved Murphy from death.

As far as I'm concerned, they we're dead the second they decided to go after those guys by themselves, long before Lewis glanced down towards the man's Johnson. Especially after what happened back during the chase, hell, it's damn surprising they didn't get killed back then, the way those guys were blowing that car apart.

EDIT - Picture of Kane with the gun, yes it's a deleted scene. Bah, Click Here

- Linked image courtesy of Alien Legend -

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quote

Stan's got it right, after the van chase.... they should of known these
guy's were not fucking around, i mean they tossed there "safe" guy out
of the feaking van in the middle of a gun fight, when he just suffered
a knee wound, that's when muphy and lewis should of realized
that human life means absolutely nothing to them.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
DJR2096
L-L4

L-L4

Comment: They'll fix you.......they fix everything!

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quote

To look is Human!!

RB 2513

dvd-robocop1 robocop-figure3
Philip17
And the Masters of the Universe

L-L2

Comment: Its a good day to die!

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quote

Nika Silwerra :
she is woman and also have not too big strenght as men ..not want think about what they would do with her before then would kill her ..

But she realy Kicked a mans ass in the police station!!!! mr green I still think, that in the beggining of the movie, they realy hink of them selfs... as "super cops"

Kevlar Antelope :
If Lewis didn't look at Joe's wanker, Murphy would still have been in one piece with his family. But then again they didn't have to rush in there alone with no back up.

OK I donīt agree!!!

You are looking at the wrong point!!! Look at him, we can see in his eyes that he is just waiting for an oportunity, but even if she didnīt look at his dick... she wouldnīt arrest him, cause he is the type of guy that doesnīt surrender!!!!

And the problem is not she looking for the dick,the real problem is she being to close to him!!!! If she was a little far way, she could look, and yet he would not be able to reach her gun!!!

Another problem was.... going in without backup!!! And I donīt think they would rape her, cause they would think, "if they are here, that means their backup must be on the way... and we donīt have time for that!!!"

They probably would just shoot her!!!
(and stop making dumb jokes about "her wanting to bl*w him", she is a fine cop, but got carried away...)

When duty calls; you pay the price!
Join today!

RB 537

sgt-reed Masters-Skeletor Masters-Sword SW-Imperial
Xeno
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:35 am Reply with quote

My thinking is we dont know any Murphy or Lewis background. By that scene where Lewis beats crap out of perp we can tell that she is a tought girl and know her place. I mean on the force in Old Detroit she problably saw more dangerous trheats. And Murph may have been tough cop who was too tough tor Metro South.
And what backup people?? Cops dont have many people on the streets and in the beggining of the movie we see that there is not enough manpower for any kind of backup.

RB 617

Law Giver
Law Master of Aquilonia

L-L4

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:40 pm Reply with quote

Well then, next time they should bring in the M4 when they decide to apprehend 5-6 heavily armed and dangerous vicious murderous psychopaths. Laughing

A cops job is to arrest, not shoot to kill..which is something both Lewis and Murphy shouldve done, since they had no back-up and took it upon themselves to recklessly endanger their very lives just to play who's the best cop.

Also I have to wonder where the heck were the State Police? Smile The idea of Detroit as presented in the movie being on the verge of aPolice strike and privatization of the city( and I assume the state's) police force is just too far fetched.

RB 723

Philip17
And the Masters of the Universe

L-L2

Comment: Its a good day to die!

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quote

"If you canīt stand the heat, you stay out of the kitchen!!!"

They know the risks, they are just doing their jobs, and they did it, cause they know that their lives are at stake, they are cops!!! But they are not frightened, so they just do they job, the split up part is because they could cover more ground (of course, it would be stupid to do that in this situation, but they did it anyway).

They are just cops, nothing more!!

When duty calls; you pay the price!
Join today!

RB 537

sgt-reed Masters-Skeletor Masters-Sword SW-Imperial
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard