New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Could Lewis have saved Murphy's life??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:59 am Reply with quote

If she wouldnt get knocked down by joe she wouldve died with Murphy. She had no affect at all on the gang's timing in appearance or their positioning. If she'd respond and join Muprhy, shed get ambushed by the others with shotguns just like Murphy did and get killed. She was lucky that Joe was lazy and didnt feel like going down there to check if shes really dead.

As for the question if she coudlve donemore - obviously not. If she'd give up her position shed be blasted like the others. One or few shots from Heckler & Koch P9S would only wound one or two tops, and that would alert the others and Clarence who would all take cover and turn her into spaghetti. That is of course, if shed be even able to shoot through all this stuff in front of her.

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
nindo
R-L5

R-L5

Comment: Cops don't like me, so I don't like cops.

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:42 pm Reply with quote

"Lewis could of saved Murphy's life??"

To answer this question (by forgetting of course completely the fact that it is a film and thus by it imagining in reality), and well I think that Lewis and murphy could, while waiting for the reinforcements, of drawing on the tires from the van to block boddicker and the others.

RB 362

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:28 pm Reply with quote

nindo :
"Lewis could of saved Murphy's life??"

To answer this question (by forgetting of course completely the fact that it is a film and thus by it imagining in reality), and well I think that Lewis and murphy could, while waiting for the reinforcements, of drawing on the tires from the van to block boddicker and the others.

Im not sure if the Van was the only transport they had. I think Clarence's SUX was parked somewhere around. Theyve been in this hideout before apparently so I think more of their equipment and cars were somewhere there. Plus, it looked like they abandoned the van altogether. Then again, we see them using the van later on

Another thing is that the mill was huge. RoboCop could easily hide there somewhere and could just walk around freely when others were looking for him cause the mill was so big. It would be next to impossible to find Clarence's gang if they just spread around in the mill, which is as big as a village or a town. Few extra cops wouldnt be able to scope the entire place and find them. Lewis and Murphy had to act

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
pengbuzz

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:09 am Reply with quote

Не выбрана
RB 0

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:33 pm Reply with quote

From what we saw of Clarence's gang, once they arrived at the mill, they pretty much chilled out and didn't notice that Murphy & Lewis had arrived shortly after them. So technically, Murphy & Lewis could have waited 10 minutes and then went in with backup and caught the gang completely unaware. But then we wouldn't have had a movie or RoboCop so we have to be glad they did!

RB 18145

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:39 am Reply with quote

I also wonder, why the rush? The old steel mill seemed like it was the base or hideout of Clarences gang. They had a TV plugged in and everything. Why did Murphy and Lewis absolutely have to rush in then and there instead of coordinating a joined police attack later now that they know where their hideout is?

Of course its an 80s action movie so people don't always do the most logical thing. That whole freeway gun fight is completely over the top also. Following/tailing them to their hideout would have been a good idea also.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard