New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

How many times have you watched Robocop?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

AceAlive1
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: I am VERY disappointed!

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:52 am Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
AceAlive1 :
i had a bootleg vhs version which was literally 1080p even back then. it was crystal clear and not shot in a theater. i was in love with that movie even before the general public knew it existed. i was all of a day under 5 years old when this came out to theaters and i'll never forget this movie. i even bought the triple pack from wal mart before they discontinued it

Dude really?... oh dear

sorry if my post isnt complying with what you think i should have posted. what exactly was wrong with me sharing a story of how i came to love this franchise as a small boy?

RB 643

WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote

I can now say for sure that I've seen Robocop2 well over a hundred times. In the past 3 months I've watched it about thirty times alone.

And on that note, I will say that I love RC2 as much as the 1st one.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
thechief01
O-L3

O-L3

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote

At least 100+ and planning a new suit build so its gonna go up Smile

RB 283

TODD-209
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:53 am Reply with quote

I was lucky (and old enough) to see all three films in theaters when they were first released.

I'm like many of you in that there's no way to know just how many times I've seen RoboCop. I was thirteen years old when I saw it at the movies when it came out, and it completely blew my young, impressionable mind. The subsequent VHS rentals and taped-copy viewings were innumerable. I grew up knowing that movie back to front, forwards and backward...every line, sound effect, explosion, and gun fight was absolutely seared into my brain.

I really liked RoboCop 2, but nowhere near as much as the original. I still like to watch it, but...it just hasn't stood the test of time as much as the first one. I've probably seen it a couple-dozen times or so. It's enjoyable in certain parts, but it doesn't hold up as well to me as the first movie.

RoboCop 3? Heh...where do I begin? It seemed like so many movies from the '90s suffered from terrible writing, and RoboCop 3 was definitely one of them. It was just one of those over-extended, poorly conceived sequels that seem to water-down the franchise terribly like so many films did back then. Now I knew there were some red flags early on when we started seeing the Nintendo games advertised way before the movie was released, and the stills didn't look good. The movie was delayed for absolutely ever, which will kill any buzz a movie might have had, and there just seemed to be so many changes, by the time it came out nobody seemed to care anymore, and I knew early on it wasn't going to be anywhere near the caliber of film the first one or even second one was. But I was still a fan since it was RoboCop, after all. I still like it to this day, but like others have alluded to, it's more of a guilty pleasure out of sheer association with the original concept than it is a worthy entry in the trilogy. I've probably seen it ten or fifteen times, if I were guessing.

As for RoboCop: Prime Directives, funny story...I had seen a few snippets of it once on SyFy (The Sci-Fi Channel back then, for you youngsters) (lol), but a few short years ago, I was in sort of an obsessive phase concerning RoboCop, and I found the Prime Directives DVD at my local Walmart. I got it home, opened it up to watch it...and it turned out to be the DVD Trilogy edition of RoboCop 3. I just thought it was some weird factory mistake, so I returned it for an exchange. I had the lady at the customer service desk open the replacement to make sure it was correct, and it was also a copy of RoboCop 3. So then she called the electronics department, and the guy back there said, and I quote, "Yeah...Prime Directives is actually RoboCop 3." I couldn't help but laugh and tell them, "No, actually it's not." I finally got so frustrated that I just decided to keep the Robocop 3 DVD and quit banging my head against the proverbial wall with those people, bless their little uninformed hearts... (lol)

I used to have the multi-disc RoboCop Trilogy set, but I sold it a few years ago. I do however still have my much-loved 20th Anniversary DVD that comes in the cool metal case. I feel like it's a collectible all on its own. I watched it in standard definition on my old tube set just the other day, and it still looks great, even though I've seen the superior Blu-rays in HD. Speaking of which, I also used to have the Blu-ray set, and I truly regret selling them also. But hey...I still have my mispackaged RoboCop 3 DVD to this day. (lol)

I don't think I ever saw the tv series. I never saw enough about it to know if it's any good. I think I saw the last thirty seconds of an episode of the original cartoon. And I never saw RoboCop: Alpha Commando, but I remember the toys. Wasn't there a pink-ish female RoboCop character in it? I just could never get past the stylized, animated look enough to get excited about it.

Anyway...the original film has just been etched into my brain, and I'll never get tired of watching it. It's one of the few movies I could watch over and over and over, and it never loses it's edge or impact for me. For me there's just no way on earth of knowing how many times I've seen it. I'm sure it's more than any other movie in my life.

RB 1633

ultra4
Bauc
O-L4

O-L4

Comment: Dead or Alive you are comming with me

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:26 pm Reply with quote

Robocop 1, over 100 times for sure, Robo 2 maybe 20-30 times max. Robo 3, 2 Max 3 times .....And I'm gonna watch robocop 1 again just now Very Happy

RB 449

robodisciple
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:12 am Reply with quote

To be honest i really cant think of the exact number of times that I have seen the first Robocop movie.........at least more than 100 times. It is definitely my favorite film of all time! I doubt that there will ever be another movie in my lifetime that will surpass its greatness or even top the impression that this film has had on me. Its the Greatest!!

Robocop 2 i have seen probably about 50 times more or less. It is definitely the better sequel and i believe is still a good movie even though it just doesnt stand the test of time like the original. Robocop 2 was good because for one Peter Weller reprised his role (duh!). And two it kept the over the top violence that was an intricate part of the original.

Robocop 3 i have seen about 15 times maybe. I watched it the most when i was a kid because...i was a kid lol! It was really just a cheesey, dilouted, stripped down version of robocop. It didnt have the over the top violence, the dark cynical humor and Peter Weller wasnt ROBOCOP! Altough I do have to say that Robert John Burke was the better robocop out of the other two actors that portrayed robo in the later series.

And let me just say, and really this goes without saying, PETER WELLER IS ROBOCOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

RB 115

game-xbox
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote

Maybe about 4 or 5 times. I re-watch the first and second one for the quotes.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:11 am Reply with quote

15-20 for the first one.

5 for 2.

2 for 3.

RB 283

toaster baby-food game-xbox
basd
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:57 pm Reply with quote

At least 2 - 3 times a year. Close to a 100 i guess
And when its on tv I always watch it to the end.

:-/

RB 347

award dinosaur-toy
Rob O'Coplin
"The Magic Man"

O-L4

Comment: I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote

I would say, I've seen Robocop approximately 50 times or so...
Robocop 2, 15- 20 times. As for Robocop 3... maybe 4 at the absolute most.

R3 stunk, so I prolly should just leave it out of the conversation all together. :roll:

RB 210

game-xbox
Sgt. Mace
O-L5

O-L5

Comment: Toughest S.W.A.T. Leader

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:09 am Reply with quote

RoboCop about 40 times

RoboCop 2 about 40 times

RoboCop 3 about 30 times

RoboCop: Prime Directives 5 times

RB 76

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:16 am Reply with quote

Sgt. Mace :
RoboCop: Prime Directives 5 times

oh dear

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Sgt. Mace
O-L5

O-L5

Comment: Toughest S.W.A.T. Leader

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:29 am Reply with quote

What did you expect more times?

RB 76

kodatarule
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: RoboCop is the best.Terminator good,but RoboCop owns!

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:13 am Reply with quote

RoboCop - 50 times
RoboCop 2 - about 35 times
RoboCop 3 - about 20 times
RoboCop Prime Directives - 1 time xD
RoboCop (2014) - 2 times in cinema 1 time at home - 3 times :P

RB 530

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard