New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

The BEST RoboCop Enemy!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:37 am Reply with quote

Josh :
MGM.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I cant top that.

Pretty sure I posted in one of these and went for the cliche'd Clarence Boddicker answer.

So in no order the correct answers are:

John Connor from Terminator/Robocop: Kill Human. Seriously how can you fuck up a Robocop Vs Terminator story? I mean I could have done a better thing and I would have done Robocop on TX robosex for the lulz. Sad

"Angry Cat" Cop from The Robocop Prime Directives Quadrilogy. Seriously a girl in a cardboard suit looked a better Robocop than you.

Nuke from Robocop 2. Because it wasnt eight-ish guys with machinery didn't beat Robocop it was Nuke.

Mugen fighting game engine.

and of course children. Because no matter what, Kids watched the first movie and loved it and then the people in charge find out and neuter the product. I dare say that this piece of social commentary will be in the new Robocop.

Seriously though. I'm just gonna throw in a vote for the potential of Dr Faxx from Robocop 2. Bitch played pupper master with Robocop, Cain (deleted scene), Robocain and the Old man.

RB 710

cake
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:00 am Reply with quote

I cant pick one cause each villain fit their respectable movie and what they tried to accomplish well

Boddicker was a frighteningly realistic villain. Hes really like the real life thugs, dealer gang guys. The way he acts and the way hes outstandingly cold and ruthless. I love how Verhoeven added an extra bit of him resembling Himmler, the Nazi monster, and Smith just nailed that character

Cain and Hob outdid the villains of the first movie in that there wasnt even a chance of reasonging with Cain, he was a drug crazed, religious whacko whos mind lived in his own reality and who could be as cruel as its humanly possible. Hob for me always represented whats going on in the third world countires with kids killing and handling guns and drugs, so he takes the cake as far as the shocking value dept.
RoboCain of course is a mechanical monster with mindblowing design and unique idea, of having a psycho robot addicted to drugs

Otomo is a disrgace and a yawn after such great metallic monster that was featured in the previous installment, but McDagget did the job. Its just that McDagget, even if fine OCP villain, was a boy scout next to the previous villains

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:39 pm Reply with quote

Page Fletcher.,..

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:58 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
Page Fletcher.,..

Hmm, I would have added Julian Grant in that regard.. but I'd rather not open that can of snakes back up. tongue

And as for KGW's remarks, I was trying to find the post to quote but can't seem to - Basically it was Archive saying, quite aptly, that Otomo might have been slightly more acceptable if he didn't have to come in behind RoboCAIN and ED. To paraphrase, "after those two badass mechs we got a guy with a sword". Yup. He could have been done better and it might have been a bit more acceptable, but behind those two badasses, not really. Same with McDaggett, he could have been more heinous and all, but after having come behind Cain and Boddicker, what can ya do really?

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
vegasrobo :
Page Fletcher.,..

Hmm, I would have said Julian Grant in that regard.. but I'd rather not open that can of snakes back up. tongue

And as for KGW's remarks, I was trying to find the post to quote but can't seem to but basically it was Archive saying, quite aptly, that Otomo might have been slightly more acceptable if he didn't have to come in behind RoboCAIN and ED. We quote "got those two badass mechs and then came a guy with a sword". Yup. He could have been done better and it might have been a bit more acceptable, but behind those two badasses, not really. Same with McDaggett, he could have been more heinous and all, but after having come behind Cain and Boddicker, what can ya do really?

True, and in that regard I gotta admit R3 had a hard job of figuring out whats next. IT mustve been something very hard, which is how to follow up with something different, yet without making everything "bigger" this time around. You cant really go bigger second time in a row. There was no way there would be a bigger and more menacing villain than Robocop II, and there was no way there would be a bigger and more sadistic lunatic than Cain, and there was no way there would be a more controversial villain than drug dealing, murderous child like Hob. Coming up with a follow up was not easy, and for that I give Miller more props.

Instead of going bigger, where there really wasnt anyway to go bigger, he went for being different. As much as I still think Ninjas and Robocop mix as well as Blade Runner and Power Rangers, it was a clever idea to come up with a villain that wouldnt be more powerful in size and armory, but in swiftness and agility. Thats a fresh idea. And the whole Robo being wanted and going underground was also a new take on the story, unfortunately, it still didn't fly, not only because of the bad execution, but also the idea and the villains just weren't strong enough to carry on the film

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
RegalSin
;

<font color=102457>;<font color=C0D9D9>

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:01 pm Reply with quote

The worst enemy he could face is Super-man. That closes that book. Murphy had so many close calls, and him being made of metal, in the second movie was as low as things could have gotten for him.

Robocop vs Tim Tailor, that is the ultimat enemy,

Robocop gets trapped in a scrap yard with Tim Tailor, Al Borland, and Super-Man finishes him off.

RB 484

JadeETC
Regular at rigatoni feeds.

Sgt-L1

Comment: Mind if I...zip this up?

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:06 am Reply with quote

ED-209 was and always will be the best enemy. It's a shame it wasn't 't in the film much. It had a badass design with a cool voice, but it was also very humorous. Like when it was trying to walk down the stairs, or when it was blown up by the Cobra assault cannon and it's toe twitched.

RB -548

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:23 am Reply with quote

1. Dick Jones and Clarence Boddicker
2. RoboCain
3. ED-209

I couldn't decide between Dick and Clarence, I mean Dick was running the show all along, Clarence worked for him and he worked for OCP and made ED-209 and Directive 4, he was pretty much the whole mastermind in the movie. But Clarence still kicked ass, he had a great wacky sense of humour and he just liked to fuck around with other people. So yeah, they definitely deserved to be put joint first in the list.

Josh :
MGM.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, they sure are corporate bastards, I'll give you that...especially now that they're taking down all those videos on YouTube.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:09 pm Reply with quote

Surprised no one has said 'RoboCop 2014' yet.. tongue

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:14 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Surprised no one has said 'RoboCop 2014' yet.. tongue

I was going to say José Padilha...but then I thought 'ahh screw it'.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:22 pm Reply with quote

Sony Pictures might be better. tongue

Anyway, I always gave Clarence the nod because I felt he had a bit more depth to him than Cain as a character, he was a bit more believable to me. Not to say Cain was bad, far from it actually. But I don't know, guess I kinda prefer Boddicker's style of controlled craziness and intelligence, and so forth.

In a way I don't like making 'favorites' like this because, as KGW said, they all fit their particular roles/purposes in their respective movies, not entirely fair to compare them together.

I still can't see how anyone wouldn't pick RoboCAIN as the best machine enemy though. Granted I'm not factoring humor into it I suppose but, still, come-the-fuck-on! RoboCAIN dude! Smile

RB 52679

WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote

As much as I like RoboCain, Cain himself was a much better villian.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:34 pm Reply with quote

Well again, I think I prefer Boddicker's style. Plus I love his crew of guys, all of whom were awesome.

Whereas all Cain had was a squeeze, a kid, and that guy who disappeared, presumably beamed up to some other dimension. tongue

RB 52679

Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:41 pm Reply with quote

I like both Boddicker and Cain the same. Boddicker was this awesome, wise-cracking badass whereas Cain was more eerie and mysterious and thinks Nuke is his gift to the world...but he's even more awesome and badass when he turns into RoboCain, then he's really packing.

RB 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard