New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

The BEST RoboCop Enemy!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Whereas all Cain had was a squeeze, a kid, and that guy who disappeared, presumably beamed up to some other dimension. tongue

Hob is easily my favorite villain in Robocop 2. That kid was so misguided, evil, and great.

As ar as the guy who disappeared, I'm still baffled to this day.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
LuanaTF
RoboMommy

Sgt-L2

Comment: Always around robots, real and fictional

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote

Cain makes for a more Sci-Fi villain, and he's a great villain, too. But it was Boddicker and his gang to really change Murphy's life in the most cruel of the ways, so my vote as a 'best enemy' goes to him. Also, Clarence as a villain reminds me of Old Western movies.

RB 1518

dvd-robocop1 baby-food
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:44 pm Reply with quote

WeKilledYou :
Stan The Man :
Whereas all Cain had was a squeeze, a kid, and that guy who disappeared, presumably beamed up to some other dimension. tongue

As ar as the guy who disappeared, I'm still baffled to this day.

Two of them just disappeared "Elvis" looking guy and "Shang Tsung" looking guy".

Thus they are the best villain.

RB 710

cake
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:33 pm Reply with quote

I always assumed simply that they were just killed during the police raid, although from the script we know what happened with Katzo

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:34 am Reply with quote

JBA :
"Shang Tsung" looking guy"

Well, I always thought Lewis got him, since she ran for him and not Hob after she got ambushed, and we never see him after that. As for Catzo, well of course we know the original story about how he ended.

One could definitely say he got killed in the cop raid though, but without it being seen it still just seems like he vanished into thin air really.

Anyway, I still see no real argument for RC2 over ED, outside of comedic value, again that thing was a monstrous mechanical masterpiece. Admittedly not quite as heavily armed as ED, but certainly a fuckload tougher and more agile. He was the ultimate badass, plain and simple, yeah our great Robo got his ass but before that the thing was pretty much unstoppable.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RegalSin
;

<font color=102457>;<font color=C0D9D9>

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:41 am Reply with quote

OCP.........every single film, animation, or tv series seems to deem, they are the ultimate weapon against him. So lawyers basically.

RB 484

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:46 am Reply with quote

RegalSin :
OCP.........every single film, animation, or tv series seems to deem, they are the ultimate weapon against him. So lawyers basically.

OCP didn't ever become an enemy until the third movie. (We can thank Miller for that) They weren't even established as the main villain to begin with.

I sometimes wonder what's wrong with you.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
RegalSin
;

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:42 am Reply with quote

Your thinking literal. I understand what you mean, especially the cutting funds to the program. I am counting Prime Directives as well, as part of the third.

In the original Dick Jones, was corrupted, to the core
Dick had an OCP take down force, ready to defend him, downstairs
Dick also had an ED-209 ready and waiting for Murphy

The Chairman
The comics finds him, wanting to lawfully, do away with Robo. Especial when he comes close to hurting his money.
The Second movie, kinda allowed him to kill the Mayor ( or at least wanted to ).

The original threw this right in your face, however it is clear, that OCP just uses Robcop to make them look good. Not for the good of the nation, but to also receive government funding. If they could get rid of RObocop, in an instant they would. The only people in OCP who cares are the officers and the lab persons, who care about Murphy.

RB 484

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:57 am Reply with quote

Bah, we're talking about the best enemy character here - You can say OCP is an antagonist the whole damn time really, but that's not the question really being asked here. Cut the crap.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RegalSin
;

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:12 pm Reply with quote

Okay I get the idea, but to break down OCP in terms of "Not Robo friendly.

1. Whowever is in charge of OCP. The Ole Man, the Ole witch.

2. Lawyers of OCP. Like the one who hurted Murphies wife of getting aide

3. Ex employees of OCP in the science world

4. Current employees of OCP

5. Any acting CEO or director in OCP.

Now this list below, is people and etc that attempted to hurt Murphy directly. To top things off, not including the silly Prime Directives. I mean a girl with a Jedi Saber, thank you Lucas Films.

0.0 I am not even going to say it, because it is too cruel, but it was both in the TV and one of the movies. From this, we can see Robocop was built to withstand a lot.

0.1 Terminator ? Okay I know you all will say, no no no. But lets be realistic, in salvation, the T1 was able to see a weak point, which was the heart, and punched him hard enough, to put him into cardiac arrest ( if that is the right term, please correct me ). Think about the Tterminator, running speed, as well as his ability to fight.

0.2. If Robocop became wireless, skynet could attempt to hack him. Speaking of which, a smart phone is a dumb idea.

1. OTOMO ( the whatever Asian model, not the Bear, but the sword weilding bear would be fun as well ). Without the aide of a child hacker or even his "Super weapons", bieng in that room, chances are Murphy would have been diced. The only other way I see him defending himself, is by the standard, catching the sword bit. Of course for this movie, being a man he is helpless and needs a college trained woman to help him, or a little girl, using an computer that is less then 300mhz.

1.1 OTOMO is owned by the company, that owns OCP in Robocop 3.

1.2. Because we go back to OCP with OTOMO, we also have "Commander Cash episode. The antagonistic Director of CC, had Murphy pinned down with a "Batman/Joker type weapon. CC pretty much did this impossible. It was probably the most fun in the entire series, but I would imagine a lot more damage being done to him.

2. Organized Crime, syndicates, black hand, etc, not the one shown in Robocop 2, but the TV series. They seem to have the most devistating thing planned for robo, and while it has been done a zillion times, Robocop most messed up situations are still them.

2.1 on Organized crime, when confronted with Cain directly. But that leads to the next. problem below. He should have thought twice, and why they were running from him, and not confronting him.

2.2 Women and children. Apparently all films showed how women somehow managed to hurt robo, or put him into terrible situations. If Robocop avoided both, most of the things that occured to him, would have never happend. If Robocop was with a male partner in the original movie, she would have never looked down. If Robocop had shot the gun, out of the the little fugitive, ( and made the gun dance in a funny fashion, ) he might have thought twice about messing with messing with his head. If Ann had not blocked him in RCP3, he would have taken the shot, and blow up the missile before it would have reached him. If the women in Robocop PD was men, he would have taken them more seriously. Robocop wife being in the way, made Murphy go mental, in some episodes, and parts of the movie.

RB 484

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:28 pm Reply with quote

Ok, maybe I needed to elaborate, the best RoboCop enemy character within the universe of RoboCop itself.

That said -

RegalSin :
0.1 Terminator ? Okay I know you all will say, no no no. But lets be realistic, in salvation, the T1 was able to see a weak point, which was the heart, and punched him hard enough, to put him into cardiac arrest ( if that is the right term, please correct me ). Think about the Tterminator, running speed, as well as his ability to fight.

Good god.. RoboCop is in many ways stronger than a T800 Terminator, not exactly non-mobile and has the benefit of human thought to boot. RoboCop beat RoboCAIN for chrissakes, yet you honestly expect us to believe a plain-jane T800 Terminator can beat Robo because he punched a regular person to death and can run a bit? That wasn't even that good an example - the Terminator literally ripped a guy's heart out of his chest in T1. But again, that was some regular chump, he didn't have a laminated titanium armor plate covering him, which I would think should give a T800 some trouble - It took the Terminator over a minute to punch in a metal door at the end of T1, and not like Robo will just stand there and be hit. Yeah Robo loses against a Terminator because Termy can run and punch a guy to death, get off it.

Quote:
1. OTOMO ( the whatever Asian model, not the Bear, but the sword weilding bear would be fun as well ). Without the aide of a child hacker or even his "Super weapons", bieng in that room, chances are Murphy would have been diced. The only other way I see him defending himself, is by the standard, catching the sword bit. Of course for this movie, being a man he is helpless and needs a college trained woman to help him, or a little girl, using an computer that is less then 300mhz.

Well, once again, in the span of one statement, you have refuted yourself. In any event, I can't agree Otomo's the 'best' enemy because he is able to get the drop (partially) on R3's limp-dicked RoboCop. I really think Weller's Robo would have been able to handle Otomo fine.

The rest is a bunch of crap that again does not nail down a specific role or character, it's all a bunch of general abstractions and notes that you're applying to highly specific situations and circumstances that occur in the films.

Women and kids are RoboCop's 'best enemy'? Uh, no. They might be able to be used against him sure, but they're not direct antagonists, again, cut the crap.

In Cain's case, it was a clear ego battle that Robo-Murphy let get the better of him. Again, I don't see how that makes Cain the 'best enemy'.

Lewis is a 'best enemy' because she got distracted? What? Honestly, by all the rambling logic you're using, RoboCop could be considered himself his 'best enemy'. He goes into situations looking to potentially get killed after all, but oh yeah, he's a cop and crime-fighting cyborg. Guess that little point was forgotten.

In Hob's case, his programming wouldn't allow him to fire at a kid. So he couldn't have 'shot the gun out of his hand' either. Again, that is something that's painfully evident. And shooting the missile in R3? First off, it was a grenade, second that's unlikely, even with RoboCop's targeting, third, again, how does any of this actually and directly make Lewis Robo's 'best enemy'?

You know what, don't answer that, don't answer any of this because it's just bullshit, plain and simple. Despite your very first statement on your last post, you again seem to fail to understand the basic point of the topic itself. Come back when you can actually nail down a particular name/character and can give us something close to sane reasoning for said choice.

As far as this topic's concerned, if all you're gonna do is say such general things as corporations and children are RoboCop's 'best enemy' and incoherently ramble on about this and that without actually giving a concrete reasoning you're essentially wasting everyone's fucking time here.

To conclude a bit off-topic - I really thought all this other offensive crap was just some kind of goofing before but now it seems you're serious or otherwise into it, and I think I can speak for just about everyone when I say such remarks are not wanted, warranted, or appreciated here. Whatever your deal is, I think it'd be no loss to this board if you were gone completely. Bah.

RB 52679

Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:35 pm Reply with quote

I know I've already kept saying how much RegalSin's posts look like he's fucking mentally handicapped...but I have to, because he's still fucking doing it!

Why hasn't anyone suspended or banned him yet? He keeps pissing me off every time he writes like he's fucking brain-dead. Does he have a brain tumour?

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote

You know what, I'm just going to pretend this whole conversation never happened. Let's just stick to the subject and never put this in another train wreck.

RB 2

LuanaTF
RoboMommy

Sgt-L2

Comment: Always around robots, real and fictional

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote

Not sure of what RegalSin was trying to say, but I think he misunderstood the topic title entirely.

RegalSin, are you trying to tackle the 'enemy' topic in a philosophical or metaphorical way? If that's what you're trying to say, I'm afraid you won't be understood if you post it in the wrong topic.

Anyway guys, I still think Boddicker and RoboCain are the best villains in anything Robo I've watched. The others have too many clichés and are too underdeveloped to even be called 'characters' (see R3 and the series). But really, I tend to have a certain aversion for characters as tick as paper sheet; I love all-round characters that are credible and 'alive'. Smile

RB 1518

dvd-robocop1 baby-food
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard