New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop on a god damn Unicorn??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Tommo
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:38 pm Reply with quote

Maybe that's Robo's true 4th directive.

1. Serve the public trust
2. Protect the innocent
3. Uphold the law
4. Ride Shotgun on a Unicorn.

RB 59

Law Giver
Law Master of Aquilonia

L-L4

Comment: Boob Snortin' and Dicky Boy

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:13 pm Reply with quote

I rather see Robocop ram Tom Cruise with the unicorn.

RB 723

judge-dredd-lawgiver conan-sword punisher-skull conan-sword2 terminator-skull Rambo-Knife
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:08 am Reply with quote

^ That I would like to see also, LG. Wink

JohnBoyAdvance :
I am surprised at some of the comments on this thread. Robocop = Serious Business?

How is something that a fan (Several Fans possibly) has drawn, any worse than some of the OFFICIAL stuff that Frank Miller, Fred Dekker and the Prime Directives Team have put but Robocop through?

This made me laugh. That is all.

I think the joke comes from where Policemen ride on horses at some events, So what does Robcop ride? That's right: An Unicorn. Awesome.

First off, cops have standard patrol on horses in some parts, not just for special events. Either way, how is that funny? Confused

Secondly, I'm not saying it's necessarily bad that Robo is on a unicorn, but it's just kinda strange and somewhat silly.

You think we're taking this a bit too seriously. I think stuff like this is only helping to the thought that RoboCop is some kind of a comical figure. Which, as you've alluded to, has already been done too much already.

The real messed-up part (for me) is that there are several images of it. Why is something like this getting even remotely popular?

Like I said, it just seems kind of a disturbing and silly trend that's only making RoboCop more of a joke and has easily killed whatever little humor it did have to begin with.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:27 pm Reply with quote

well ..but the unicorn is still good choice ..a white or black unicorn (horse) can looks amazingly with Robocop on back..maybe they also took the idea from films with knights ..Robocop looks alike !

But still better to see him sitting on an unicorn than on a dinosaur or sheep or pig mr green

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
murphy38
OCP1 - L2

OCP1 - L2

Archive Traitor

OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:19 am Reply with quote

RB 2354

tiny-cop robocop-head alex-murphy RoboBadge baby-food award
Koutetsu Kaigun
Ironclad Warfare Historian

Sgt-L2

Comment: Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation.

Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:21 am Reply with quote

murphy38,

Your Google-fu is much better than mine.

平和、

鋼鉄 海軍

RB 27228

Ed-260 rocketeer-helmet batman-card ironman auto9 Lightsaber-Red delorean-car Johnny5
murphy38
OCP1 - L2

OCP1 - L2

Archive Traitor

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:29 am Reply with quote

Thx Koutetsu Kaigun Wink
I do not know as if there is more that you perform,
but I look for pictures and documentation on robocop,
each day on internet.

RB 2354

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:46 am Reply with quote

The last one is quite good. I'm not really opposed to this line of art, they seem to be a nice pairing.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:51 am Reply with quote

HOLD THE PHONE!
And sorry for double post, should have edited but was too excited.

I recently received this message from Olav on Flicker:

James,

Thank you for your interest in the Robocop on a Unicorn project. During a night of revelry, someone, I can't remember who, asked "what's the least likely thing for Robocop to do?" and my friend Chris Munroe almost immediately answered, "ride a unicorn."

Shortly thereafter, someone needed a name for an intermural volleyball team, and for lack of a better name, they were called the "Robocops on Unicorns."

It's become a bit of an ironic art project in which the more seriously people take the construction of the images, the more I find it funny.

Currently the best archive of Robocop on a Unicorn - related art is on Facebook at www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=11025581871

I'm also a huge fan of the movie Robocop.

Mystery: Somewhat solved.

RB 1658

Koutetsu Kaigun
Ironclad Warfare Historian

Sgt-L2

Comment: Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation.

Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:58 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp,

Well done.

平和、

鋼鉄 海軍

RB 27228

Ed-260 rocketeer-helmet batman-card ironman auto9 Lightsaber-Red delorean-car Johnny5
murphy38
OCP1 - L2

OCP1 - L2

Archive Traitor

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:28 am Reply with quote

Woooow nice stuff robopimp

Murphy38. Wink

RB 2354

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quote

Quote:
During a night of revelry, someone, I can't remember who, asked "what's the least likely thing for Robocop to do?" and my friend Chris Munroe almost immediately answered, "ride a unicorn."

Shortly thereafter, someone needed a name for an intermural volleyball team, and for lack of a better name, they were called the "Robocops on Unicorns."

It's become a bit of an ironic art project in which the more seriously people take the construction of the images, the more I find it funny.

Well, I guess we now know the origins of the RoboCop/Unicorn pairing.

I actually thought it was kinda funny when I first saw it, but after seeing it several times, and seeing several more pictures of it, it's just not really all that funny anymore. :roll:

Now, a sports team actually named 'RoboCops On Unicorns', that's funny. tongue

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:56 am Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the PTs! I'm just trying to do my part as a member of this community.

Also, they have a Robocops-on-Unicorns shirt available for sale...I may have to get one...

RB 1658

murphy38
OCP1 - L2

OCP1 - L2

Archive Traitor

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:33 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Hey thanks for the PTs! I'm just trying to do my part as a member of this community.

Also, they have a Robocops-on-Unicorns shirt available for sale...I may have to get one...

Do you have the picture of the shirt? Wink

RB 2354

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard