New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

What would you like to see in a new RoboCop game?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Kamen Rider
L-L4

L-L4

Comment: Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm Reply with quote

If some very well known video game developer managed to get the rights to make games based on RoboCop, who would you like to develop the games? What kind of game would you like it to be (First Person Shooter, Free roam GTA-type game, etc.)? What would the features of the game be, like what would make the game stand out from all the other video games out there, and would make people want to buy and play the game?

RB 1522

ironman robocop-figure3
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:20 pm Reply with quote

A GTA type game with missions like True Crime (random street missions eg carjacking) and then a brand new storyling, but one that is faithful to the franchise. Plus a few missions where you play as Murphy in the form of Robo's past memories, but with no 'Hot-Coffee' mod...

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Kamen Rider
L-L4

L-L4

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:24 pm Reply with quote

I'd like to see a free roaming game, but I'd maybe like to see some Gears of War type mechanics or something to the gameplay.

RB 1522

ironman robocop-figure3

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quote

RoboDuck :
Plus a few missions where you play as Murphy in the form of Robo's past memories

I was just thinking, starting the game as Murphy would be good... but the idea of past memories is much better! That way, the game could force you to 'become' Murphy whenever... and it would make a very interesting way to re-tell the Robocop story...

Nice idea!

Не выбрана
RB 0

Lethal Response
Crime Prevention Unit

L-L3

Comment: Carrying enough firepower to get the job done.

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:50 am Reply with quote

- Free roaming, GTA style... of course, Robo wouldn't perish as easily, unless attacked with reasonable force.

- ED209 units patrolling the streets, malfunctioning and thusly, attacking civilians. There could be a game bonus/reward for eliminating them all.
The jetpack and arm-gun for example.

- Appearances by other well-known characters... Lewis, RoboCain, etc.

- Missions involving tracking down drug-dealers, gangs... protecting the innocent.

- They could also continue the storyline beyond the films...
Bonus missions such as, Robo vs a T-800 Endoskeleton.

RB 437

RoboCain-monitor
Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:26 am Reply with quote

Id like Mindchamber to do the art design for the game while using a Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter style perspective and HUD system. With updates, directives, targeting info, etc streaming into view as you play! Although I love the idea of doing a sandbox style game, perhaps a smaller more linear story would be in order, this would also keep you closer to the story and emotion of the situations. Im not adverse to having an open world, but perhaps only during the occasional car chase where you must pursue the enemy.

Id also love to see a 2d sidscroller with 3d style graphics! Kinda like viewtiful joe only without the cartoony look, or Contra shattered soldier!

RB 5960

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
Justice
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:23 am Reply with quote

Personally I would like the free roaming GTA style gameplay. See the car from a 3rd person in chase missions, robo from 3rd person on vast outside missions, and then when it becomes close combat 1st person.

Weapons? Auto9 and his targetting system. The spike for the melee as well as his fists. Maybe the cobra gun, and some other heavy assault sh1t in select missions. Because most people would like to see an array of weapons in their games.

But they have to go trough great lengths to make the Auto9 stand out. It's the weapon he came equipped with from factory, so there has to be something good about it!

RB 10471

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod auto9 lewis-figure robocop-figure1 police-sig-sauer police-shotgun
Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:40 am Reply with quote

I agree, the auto 9 would most definately have to be Robos primary weapon. Perhaps his only weapon! They could impliment some kind of upgrade system to keep the game fresh, like add armor piercing and more range or some other attributes to it over each section of the story. I think it would be awsome to switch to melee and watch the holster animation and gun twirl in full on 3D!

Love the spike Idea, that would be gruesome. Thats the only scene from Prime Directives that I thought was cool, when Robo kills bone Machine with the data spike and gets covered in Blood, very "gritty".

RB 5960

Kamen Rider
L-L4

L-L4

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quote

I'd also like the lock on feature to be like Syphon Filter's for example when you had a single handed weapon you could target all around you. Having a lock on feature like Syphon Filter would allow Robo to do some of those poses that he did in the movies when he shot people without looking.

Also when targeting, I think if it's a 3rd Person free roaming game, I'd like to see "Targeting_" appear in the lower left corner, and when you use precision aim you get the two intersecting green targeting grid lines, but when you use lock on, you guys probably know where I'm gonna go with this, like in the movies you have the targeting grid, and the box close in on the enemy to show a lock on. Also, precision aiming go to a more over the shoulder view, while lock on should be normal camera view.

What about movement and damage guys? I mean Robo moves pretty slow, and for damage, Robo isn't invincible like Superman, so he would have to have a life meter. What would you guys suggest for the movement and about taking damage.

RB 1522

ironman robocop-figure3
Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quote

Well he wouldent move Robocop 3 slow, Im thinking a normal pace, possibly like the game Black, your character seems nimble but doesent jump or run. Also for the life bar, the old standby system efficiancy would be cool, maybe with an upgrade system. It would even be cool to start to see graphical effects that occur depending on how damaged you are! like fuzz and glitches when your really low.

Or like in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter when you get hit with somthing really big your screen rolls and jumps.....ala "cant shoot a kid, can you F**ka!"

RB 5960

TinMan
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: Time to wipe the shit that is crime off the ass of society

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quote

I'd like to see Some Next-Gen graphics

RB 126

rossco 2
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quote

i would like to see every enemy robo has had so far eg. ed-209, cain, mcdagget, evil robocable, roboflak etc, etc and i also totally agree with you all man i would love to play as alex murphy than be just plain old robocop. Smile

RB -298

Robocop_Unit_1983
C-L2

C-L2

Troop Commander

Comment: I'm having...trouble...

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:27 am Reply with quote

I'd personally rather have the ability to switch between 3rd and 1st person mode (like in Battlefield 1942) because I personally like the targeting grid, it makes me become Robocop himself.

The Murphy idea is great too, and probably the only exception to the 1st person mode.

And good graphics of course are a must

RB 2850

award ED-209 hamburger
bout
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:26 am Reply with quote

a stage in snes Robocop3 looks just like Castlevania.so I think maybe put robo in the Castlevania and fight Dracula will be good fun.

RB 158

a-team
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard