New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

How you became a RoboCop fan ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Law Giver
Law Master of Aquilonia

L-L4

Comment: Boob Snortin' and Dicky Boy

Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quote

I loved this movie since I was a kid. Along with CONAN, Aliens, Predator, Rambo, Commando, this movie was regularly watched as I played with my toys growing up.

RB 723

judge-dredd-lawgiver conan-sword punisher-skull conan-sword2 terminator-skull Rambo-Knife
RoboTrap
OmniCon - A Silver Future

L-L2

Comment: RoboCop: The Future's Silver Lining

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:02 pm Reply with quote

I was born in '86, so some of my earliest memories are of watching RC1 and the old Marvel cartoon (and of course the awesome (at the time) Ultra Police toys) so I can honestly say I can't recall any part of my life when I wasn't a fan. It wasn't till middle school or so that I finally saw the R-rated version (only the TV-edit for me as a kid) and then freshman year of high school I got the Criterion DVD, which just completely knocked me back in love with the movie.

RC2 was more heavily watched during my elementary school years (hey, giant robots, right?) alongside the occasional viewing of RC3 (Jet pack? Arm-mounted missile launcher?! Count me in!) but RC1 was the only one I really remembered with any type of honest connection.

So, RoboFan for life here.

RB 13970

ultra1 robocop-figure4 lewis-figure RoboBadge ultra4 ultra5 ultra6
timbot5000
O-L3

O-L3

Comment: www.timbotdesigns.com

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:02 am Reply with quote

Well in my house there's over a 1000 videos..

Another lonely day living in the middle of no where led me into the dark depths of the video cupboard to find a film to watch..
"robo..cop"
"Huh. this sounds like one of those bad films, so bad it has to be good!"

How I was wrong ^_^

Lizzeh laughed at me for at least two months before she fell in love too ¬_¬

RB 127

starwars-trooper starwars-scout doom-imp indianajones-hat
Krossorion
;

<font color=102457>;<font color=C0D9D9>

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:14 pm Reply with quote

I know there is still nobody knows me but I wanna told you...

Here in Hungary Robocop was a - and still that is too - really rare movie but somehow I watched it approx. when I was 5-7 and I became a total fan.

There are a lot of celebrity Heroes from comics like Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, Iron Man etc. But come on! Which one of them can be equal with Murphy?!

He is the BEST EVER.

RB 1

~°~Nadine~°~
R-L4

R-L4

Comment: There is light in every friendship...

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:25 pm Reply with quote

When I first saw Robocop, was on TV. After that I become a Robocop fan. ^_^

Stay Out Of Trouble!

RB 192

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:51 pm Reply with quote

~°~Nadine~°~ :
When I first saw Robocop, was on TV. After that I become a Robocop fan. ^_^

That was incredibly in depth. Wink

But sometimes it is like that. For me it just clicked when i saw the cover for the Robo VHS in a video store. The classic image of Robo getting out of the car got me right away and I've been a robo fan since then, even before i had seen the movie. There is something about that design that just kicks ass.

I think that shows if your a real robo fan or not. If you view all those crap cartoons and tv-series just because the robo design is so great.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:45 pm Reply with quote

Pretty much the same thing for me there boss.

Robo looked badass on the cover of that old VHS tape, as well as on the back of it.

When ever we would go to the grocery store when I was little, I'd beg my mom to rent RoboCop.

When RoboCop 2 came out, I was ecstatic.

When R3 came out, well.......let's not discuss that one.

I always was a big Robo fan.

Still am.

RB 495

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:45 pm Reply with quote

My dad used to have a pretty good VHS collection...mostly horror and sci fi...he used to let me watch with him, and one day the film was Robocop. Scared the crap out of me, but I couldn't help but love it. i stopped watching Robo, but continued to watch Robocop 2 and 3 for a while. Along the way I picked up the comics, some toys and watched the cartoons.

Eventually I didn't watch the movies ever, cause my dad sold all his tapes. I generally forgot about Robocop, but then one day a few years ago I found a VHS from Robocop: the series in Rite Aide for 2 bucks. And it all started again...

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:08 am Reply with quote

Well, I wanted to post here before now, but I had quite a little bit to say. So.. prepare for a bit of a long-winded post.

My deal is kinda like Pimp. My family too had a massive VHS collection. Not hard to do when you got a badass VCR and full cablevision and like recording all kinds of shit.

All my life I've always been a big fan of a lot of films, but I always had a special spot for science fiction movies and all.

Eventually, I saw RoboCop.

I first saw it when I was real little. One of the things that stood out for me was the violence. I loved watching ED-209 killing Kinney and Robo blasting away all the baddies with the neat three-shot-pistol. Murphy's death shocked me, but it was still great. I just loved the way he looked, sounded, walked, everything. Loved the bad guys, the music in it, hell I loved and still do love everything about RoboCop. It was just so kickass and cool.

I also watched Robo 2, and also loved it. Even when I was younger I could kind of tell it didn't have all the same feel like the original, but I still loved all the action, the new blue Robo, RoboCAIN, and all that.

I never saw R3 or anything else relating to Robo till a lot later. Even though they were never as good, I still loved 'em because it was still Robo. And like Archive said, the cartoons and other stuff may be ass, but RoboCop still rules, and makes it worth watching.

Unfortunately, we ended up losing all our old tapes, and the RoboCop films rarely aired on TV. But I did watch any of them whenever I got the chance, and as I got older, I only liked it more and more. I started seeing the extra parts and sub-themes in it and it really fascinated me.

And the rest was just history. Wink

Like I said before, I like a lot films, but RoboCop was always special to me, and it still is.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:52 am Reply with quote

Can't really remember, but I probably watched the movies and cartoon as a kid. Had some of the toys too, but wasn't until a while ago (by that I mean around 5 or so years) where I picked it up again...

Pretty much around the time I got back into Ghostbusters, Power Rangers, Masters of the Universe, and a bunch of other franchises lol.

RB 853

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
Darkseid
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Hail to the King, Baby!

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:07 am Reply with quote

Saw the first one when it was released on VHS (that was when videos used to cost $89.99!). Anyways, I enjoyed the movie and always rewind to the scene of Emil's demise (as my brother and I called it, the "Toxic Waste Scene"). I was old enough to see Robocop 2 in the movie theaters and I left the theaters a little puzzled (I kept thinking, "Did I enjoy it...or did I not?"). I bought the movies on Laserdisc (because Laserdiscs were WAY cheaper than VHS back then... $15-$20 instead of $89.99 plus it was a better quality picture). I saw Robocop 3 from a bootleg VHS (which had "Property of Orion Pictures" on the bottom of the movie). I thought it was mediocre. That bootleg came out a year or so before the movie was actually released. The TV series came out in the UPN network but I became bored with it when Pudface Morgan kept showing up.

Of course, then the whole Robocop 3 promotion thing happened but I already told that story (with pictures).

I didn't hear much about Robocop after that until the PD mini series came out but that series was kind of mediocre at best.

I have the first DVD set, I used to have the Critereon Collection version (but I made myself a copy), the Region 2 MGM PAL DVD of the first Robocop (I can give it away to anyone who wants it if you pay for the shipping), and the Special 2 disc version released in the U.S. recently.

RB 0

robocop-figure3 Superman-Chris Reeve LaraCroft
Koutetsu Kaigun
Ironclad Warfare Historian

Sgt-L2

Comment: Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation.

Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:09 am Reply with quote

Darkseid,

$89.99 in U.S. dollars?!

平和、

鋼鉄 海軍

RB 27228

Ed-260 rocketeer-helmet batman-card ironman auto9 Lightsaber-Red delorean-car Johnny5
Darkseid
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Hail to the King, Baby!

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:19 am Reply with quote

Yes. I remember one teacher rented Die Hard and left it at her desk. When she went back to her desk to take it home, someone stole it. She had to pay the video store $89.99!

Blank VHS used to cost from $6.99 (generic brand) to $13.99 (TDK). Now, they're $1!

RB 0

robocop-figure3 Superman-Chris Reeve LaraCroft
Koutetsu Kaigun
Ironclad Warfare Historian

Sgt-L2

Comment: Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation.

Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:22 am Reply with quote

Darkseid,

I do not know which is the crazier concept, the $90 dollar price tag on a VHS or the fact that a teacher rented Die Hard for her class...

平和、

鋼鉄 海軍

RB 27228

Ed-260 rocketeer-helmet batman-card ironman auto9 Lightsaber-Red delorean-car Johnny5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard