New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Reboots and You
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quote

Sean_001 :
Stan The Man :
Well there have been a few other non-reboot films like District 9, Inglourious Basterds....

...Bah, just annoys the hell out of me now.

Actually, Stan, "Inglorious Bastards" is a remake! I soon found this out after visiting the video store.

Bah!

Well, now you understand what I'm getting at.

I can certainly think of a handful of films that could have just had straight sequels. Terminator Salvation and T3 should both have just had one, maybe two films dealing with the future war closer to what we've seen in the original movies. Robo should have some kind of sequel ala 'resurrection' as I've discussed numerous times.

Comic book movies? Well, those get 'restarted' all the time, I don't really count them. But even they are getting overbearing and numerous. After only a few years, they plan to have another 'new' Superman, Spider-Man, etc. Just fuckin silly. This coming from a guy who doesn't really watch comic book movies in the first place.

And then other films like Short Circuit and.. wait, Thelma and Louise? MAN. I remember what Meph said on another topic, 'Where was the fucken demand for this shit?'.

And then talking about remaking ones like Ghostbusters, Romancing the Stone, man those don't need remakes. They don't need to be all newed-up. Some kind of sequel or something maybe, but not some other dickweeds 'new take' on it.

I think Deus put it on another topic 'Robo remake possibilites', in reponse to one of my posts -

Deus Ex Robo :
Why does everything have to be a straight reboot and deletion of all previous work? I'll never understand Hollywood and their advertising.

Why can't there be an end product that successfully creates a reintroduction without ignoring said "franchise's" history/back story?

Bah, I just hope this crap won't last forever, next thing you know they'll reboot the reboots. Jesus. :roll:

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:59 am Reply with quote

I'm telling you folks, there is a dart board with old movie titles stuck on it.

They throw darts at it, and what ever it hits, it's remade.

Now give me about a week, and I'm gonna reboot this post.

Why?

Fuck if I know...but it's gonna be GREAT!!!

:roll:

CREDITS 21

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:30 am Reply with quote

Oh Meph, you cad! Laughing

Though I think your previous theory of a bunch of old movie posters being on a wall and one getting the most monkey shit being smeared on it for a reboot pick was much more plausible. tongue

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:57 pm Reply with quote

Yep, shit smearing, that's more their style.

CREDITS 627

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard