New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Movies you LOVE that everyone else seems to HATE.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:51 pm Reply with quote

Escape From LA.

I wouldn't say love, but I do like it.

No, I'm serious. tongue

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
protozoan
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: time doesn't heal all wounds said mr. bellybutton

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:25 am Reply with quote

i agree stan, it has bad moments but overall it's not THAT bad.

guess i'l be putting transformers revenge of the fallen on this list now woohoo!

CREDITS 431

dvd-20th Doom
Steve Freeling
Patriarch of the Freeling clan

O-L2

Comment: Let's give him what he wants.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:57 am Reply with quote

Waterworld (1995)
The Dark Half (1993)
Random Hearts (1999)
Regarding Henry (1991)
The Invasion (2007)
Pink Cadillac (1989)
Tank (1984)
Larger Than Life (1996)
The 6th Day (2000)

CREDITS 9

game-xbox
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:27 am Reply with quote

Wow this is an old topic I missed out on.

Over the Top
RoboCop 3
The Happening
Emmerich's disaster flicks
I would name off a ton of cheese from the 70's 80's and 90's but a lot of that stuff is coming back around in the form of nostalgia and isn't quite as hated as it once was.

CREDITS 198

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Steve Freeling

O-L2

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:32 am Reply with quote

Over the Top is pretty good, actually. So are The Day After Tomorrow and 2012. Does Independence Day count as one of Emmerich's disaster flicks? If so, it's definitely a favorite.

CREDITS 9

game-xbox
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:01 am Reply with quote

It's so hard to gauge what's 'widely hated'. I guess I'm going with a few movies I've often seen being made fun of or generally shat upon. But yeah, I've adored Over the Top since I was a young lad. And those disaster movies are endlessly watchable. RoboCop 3 came out at a time when just the aesthetic of RoboCop was all I needed as a fan. The suit, the sounds, the movements. I didn't care that it was kid friendly or that he flew around and fought android Bruce Locke. I saw it three times at the theater and counted down the days until I could own it on VHS. To this day I find it mostly fun to watch.

CREDITS 198

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:10 am Reply with quote

"Over the Top" is great, and frankly, so is "RoboCop 3". I've said it before, in many ways I find it to be the superior sequel. I've always really liked it. Not as much as the original, but really enjoy it for the most part.

CREDITS 2802

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:53 am Reply with quote

Don't think I've seen "Over The Top" but it both looks like it might not be that bad but also looks like it can be easily disliked. If that makes sense.

I'm hit or miss when it comes to disaster films.. "Day After Tomorrow" I liked ok, "2012" - maybe not as much, I don't know. For the record, I think most (including myself) consider "ID4" less a disaster film and more an alien invasion film. That and I don't think it quite falls under 'something everyone else hates'.

Anyway, the "Tank Girl" movie I understand most folks thought blew. And I'd say they have a point but despite that I find it enjoyable enough actually.

Also, I'm not sure if mentioned it before (might have elsewhere perhaps) but "Alien3" is probably one of the most fitting choices for this topic for sure. Director's cut is preferred but even plain vanilla version is quite alright. To this day many diehard Alien fans wanna disown it. Sure I don't care for R3 so much but as a Robofan I wouldn't leave it at an orphanage.. probably. tongue

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Steve Freeling

O-L2

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:51 am Reply with quote

I meant this movie with James Garner, actually.

But I can understand the mix-up. Tank probably isn't as well-known as Tank Girl (which I actually didn't know existed until after I saw Tank and still haven't seen), which is making me reconsider whether it's something everyone else hates or if it's just that not enough people know about it. I just figured most hate it due to it's low IMDb rating. Yeah, I too consider Independence Day more of an alien invasion movie. It seems like a lot of people hate it sometimes, but, you know, silent majority, vocal minority.
You know, Stan, after looking at your avatar, I'm thinking that I seem to be one of the few that actually liked The Dead Pool.

CREDITS 9

game-xbox
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:48 pm Reply with quote

Man I need to watch Tank again! I haven't seen that since probably the late 80's but I loved it as a kid. Very few memories about it. I remember Garner's line about 'shit always rolls downhill' or something to that effect and wasn't the bad guy tied up in the town square by the end? Yeah I need to revisit that movie, it's been way too long.
I'd also like to add Rolling Vengeance to my "Love List". Again, I'm not sure if it's familiar enough to be widely hated but I've seen it mostly poorly reviewed.

CREDITS 198

Steve Freeling

O-L2

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:03 pm Reply with quote

Yep. Handcuffed him naked to a poll while a bunch of extras laughed their asses off.

CREDITS 9

game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:33 pm Reply with quote

"Tank" - That was pretty good and fun to me. My old man showed me that one, first watched it with him together. I can't see how people hate(d) it.

CREDITS 2304

Steve Freeling

O-L2

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:51 pm Reply with quote

I know, right? But somehow it only has a 5.6 on IMDb.

CREDITS 9

game-xbox
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:55 pm Reply with quote

IMBb, Rotten Tomatoes and so on are not to be trusted, for the most part. There's plenty of good movies that have surprisingly low scores.

CREDITS 2802

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard