New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Movies you LOVE that everyone else seems to HATE.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:33 pm Reply with quote

I love the 1st Tremors.
Like Poco...any of those disater movies, so much fun.
Waterworld
John Carter

CREDITS 891

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Steve Freeling
Patriarch of the Freeling clan

O-L2

Comment: Let's give him what he wants.

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
IMBb, Rotten Tomatoes and so on are not to be trusted, for the most part. There's plenty of good movies that have surprisingly low scores.

Yeah, Tank has a 49% there, but also has a 4.5/5 average on Amazon.

CREDITS 9

game-xbox
Steve Freeling

O-L2

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:53 pm Reply with quote

RoboHell :
I love the 1st Tremors.
Like Poco...any of those disater movies, so much fun.
Waterworld
John Carter

I'm giving you public trust because of Waterworld and Tremors.

CREDITS 9

game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:51 am Reply with quote

RoboHell :
I love the 1st Tremors.

Wait do many people actually HATE Tremors?? I hope not, for their sake. I need less reasons to go on a spree killing, not more. Bah.

That said with you all the way there. Tremors is one of my faves. Love it, too. And hell, pretty much all the sequels as well. Even the TV series wasn't that bad.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:03 am Reply with quote

Who in their right mind would hate Tremors? I recently rewatched the entire series (along with the TV show) before I saw the fifth one and it's one of the few movie franchises that didn't get ruined!

CREDITS 2802

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:33 pm Reply with quote

I have run across a few folks that couldn't believe I love Tremors, I too was shocked that they couldn't find the campy awesomeness of the movie. But hey, it's a sick world.

CREDITS 891

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:16 pm Reply with quote

RoboHell :
I have run across a few folks that couldn't believe I love Tremors, I too was shocked that they couldn't find the campy awesomeness of the movie. But hey, it's a sick world.

Those people clearly have no soul. Stay the hell away from them.

RoboFan_93 :
I recently rewatched the entire series (along with the TV show) before I saw the fifth one and it's one of the few movie franchises that didn't get ruined!

Indeed. Crazy thing is it's a film that you'd think literally has 'ruin this whole thing with putrid, stupid crap' stamped on it, yet hasn't happened. Strange. The second film was great (in some ways I like it more than the first), third and fourth were fairly good, TV show was quite neat (probably could have managed another season at least), and the last film had a couple little different things but mainly showed they still got it. Really the overall quality has been good (for something of this sort), quite impressive, especially given everything since the original has been straight-to-video affairs.

Of course the big part of that (certainly to me at least) is my main-man Burt Gummer, ever excellently played by Micheal Gross. Loved that character when I saw him, still love him today.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:19 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :

Indeed. Crazy thing is it's a film that you'd think literally has 'ruin this whole thing with putrid, stupid crap' stamped on it, yet hasn't happened. Strange. The second film was great (in some ways I like it more than the first), third and fourth were fairly good, TV show was quite neat (probably could have managed another season at least), and the last film had a couple little different things but mainly showed they still got it. Really the overall quality has been good (for something of this sort), quite impressive, especially given everything since the original has been straight-to-video affairs.

Of course the big part of that (certainly to me at least) is my main-man Burt Gummer, ever excellently played by Micheal Gross. Loved that character when I saw him, still love him today.

I too liked certain elements of "Aftershocks" better than the original. Christopher Lloyd was definitely a treat in the series. I'd say Gummer's definitely still got it Smile

CREDITS 2802

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:08 am Reply with quote

Yeah if you don't like tremors... You probably don't like evil dead 2 either, and that means your opinion is invalid.

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:27 pm Reply with quote

Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:52 am Reply with quote

I'm surprised Tremors was brought up in this thread. I don't know a heck of a lot of people who have actually seen the first one(let alone the sequels), but for most people the first movie generally gets praised from my perspective. And rightfully so, I like it a good bit.

Now I don't know about hate, but several movies that I like that never seem to get any love or attention are:

Stranger Than Fiction
The Flintstones
Tron Legacy
The Final Cut
Paulie
Houseguest

Weird list, I know. I'm a weird guy.

CREDITS 112

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Steve Freeling

O-L2

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:09 am Reply with quote

I know this might put me in some hot water, but you can go ahead and put me down for Supergirl (1984).

CREDITS 9

game-xbox
thechief01
O-L3

O-L3

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:02 am Reply with quote

PT for Tremors, brilliant film, like Robocop I find it hard to find faults with it

CREDITS 48

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:17 pm Reply with quote

WeKilledYou :
The Final Cut

If you are talking about the Pink Floyd album I totally agree.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard