New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

My impressions after watching Robocop 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:17 am Reply with quote

I don't know... I loved it when I saw it for the first time (I was 9). And I kinda liked the JetPack. Hated Lewis' death though.
What I apreciate in this movie is that they tried to pay homage to the original and tried to show Murphy, not RoboCop only.
It's not great, but it's also not terrible.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:31 am Reply with quote

hmm I will rate R3 according my impression of watching it when I was small girl ( 11 years) Like RoboFan 93 wrote up ...

My brother brought VHS and we watched it ! First impression was not so bad ..yeah we had good fun ..(the R3 is still a bit more comedy than previous films ) Yeah R3 has many bad things . ( because we all know what it is I will not be write about it again and again )

There was also good thing and ideas ..I like there is again more "night scenes" it remind me much more R1 (The night was for scenes with Robocop better than day) Wink Also I like the idea with the gun arm and Jetpack ..hmm maybe if they did the film around this time ..maybe it would not so bad ! .. Wink Also love the scene where Robocop jumped over the bridge with the car in beginning of the film .

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:38 am Reply with quote

Yeah, it was a pretty good scene, plus Robo coming out of the car roof with the gunarm.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Officer Igor Antunes
Detroit Police | Omnicorp

Sgt-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:44 pm Reply with quote

I was 11 old when R3 hit the theaters in Brazil. It was magic for me, as a kid, watch it on th e big screen.

At this time i loved it. I still can feel the emotion when i saw for the very 1st time (months before premiere) the official poster (that one with fire and Rehabs background).

I can accept that Murphy would fly from the highest level of the parking lot and land just right to his partner to save her life as fast as he could. But as Archive, i see stupidty when he appeared on the car roof. Its faster to open the fucking door and shoot, because Robo still had the surprise factor. But when he shot the car roof, for about 3 or 5 seconds to rise, the Splatterpunks could already make Lewis and those goofy Cops very dead!

In fact, those cops were stupid to waste all their ammo and dont hit anybody... That shotgun trying to hit targets miles of distance is LAME.

The atmosphere in fact remember me RoboCop1, but without violence (or inteligence), this movie today for me as a adult, is just VERY disapointing. (LIPSTICK on Robo in pursuit scene!! GOD DAMN!!)

Best scenes for me: (just because are cool)
Robo flies from the top of the parking lot
Robo goes behind Macdagget
Cops and community fighting splatterpunks

TOTAL ILOGICAL!

RB 1741

Bambi
O-L4

O-L4

Comment: These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:35 am Reply with quote

I like it, anything RoboCop is better than nothing, although it's nowhere near as good as the first one. I can sit through the 3rd easily.

RB 45

Halo-Master
costass
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:37 pm Reply with quote

This is a sick subject. Commenting about R3
is always interesting. However I watch this movie
a lot of times and well.. I like it too. It has bad
moment in movies that's for sure. But I also have
my favorite:

When Robocop carrying Ann in the church and she almost
touch his face.

Robocop was fired it up by punks good scene but I
always feel bad when this happens (like when bad guys
cut robo on pieces in Robo2)

and many other scenes are good. But still this the worst Robocop in
the trilogy.

...and yes I also hate the moment when Nikko reprogrammed Ed-209
this is stupid.

also hate this Ninja. Ninjas was very popular in early 90's and end of
80's but I still think there is no place for Ninjas in R3. Not even if
they are most modern hi-tech robots. Just don't fit it for me.

However I was always happy when begin to watch the movies and never feel bad when I must watch the 3-rd part. Also when I watch the movie i
don't feel the movie boring this is one of the main parts. So i say decent movie.

RB 346

dvd-tv-series dc-batman
bucka607
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:19 pm Reply with quote

i actually think burke was a good enough robo but the script was just extremely bad!!!!

RB 66

Wilson
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quote

RoboCop 3 isn't that bad.
It's a cool movie.

RB 35

zach11
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: "yes, I understand"

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:06 pm Reply with quote

Robo 3?! My apologies to anyone here expressing some appreciation for this movie. My advice is to the contrary. Ruprekt and anyone else who has not seen this movie, if you watch R3, just realize that you will never get that 1hour and a half of your life back. Search Youtube for the few minutes of clips worth viewing of this sorry excuse for a movie!

RB 613

auto9 hamburger
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:15 pm Reply with quote

Wilson :
It's a cool movie.

Robo3 is a "Cool" movie?
That's just sick man.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
DoktorNo
Internal Troops Officer

L-L5

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:51 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Wilson :
It's a cool movie.

Robo3 is a "Cool" movie?
That's just sick man.
Or just delusional?

RB 523

booze dvd-robocop1 dvd-robocop2 game-ds southpark-cartman indianajones-figure Doom
Philip17
And the Masters of the Universe

L-L2

Comment: Its a good day to die!

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:42 am Reply with quote

DoktorNo :
Archive :
Wilson :
It's a cool movie.

Robo3 is a "Cool" movie?
That's just sick man.
Or just delusional?

Not exactly!!! I say and I am sure that Robbert Burke is a good actor!!!
And he realy did a good job in robocop, please express your opinion about the actor and the movie in different ways pleaseeee

I mean, the scrip was crap!!! But robo acting was good!!! He did everything on his power to make the moves similar to the original, of course he is not Peter Weller!!!, But he is ver good, and I was not disapointed with his moves!!!

But the scrip with Nikko was lame, like I said before.... A child program an ED209??? she would be ripped appart if she even got closer to ED209 Wink

I love ED209, but I can´t shake the feeling that it is just stupid and with no logic!, But I loved the part when ED209 blows the security concept cars, we can see the massive power of our Enforcement Droid 209

Well thats all I have to say for now

--Philip17

When duty calls; you pay the price!
Join today!

RB 537

sgt-reed Masters-Skeletor Masters-Sword SW-Imperial
protozoan
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: time doesn't heal all wounds said mr. bellybutton

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:47 pm Reply with quote

robocop 3 was cool when i was younger. just cool, compared to the other ones being kickass. but now, as an adult, 3 is crap, and the other 2 are still kickass

RB 622

dvd-20th Doom
VladMartel
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:53 am Reply with quote

When I saw it for the first time I was a child, yet I was disturbed by how childish it was (not violent nor dark enough, yes even when I was a child I liked violence Smile ) and damn! When I saw it was not weller who played robocop I felt cheated.

Well this movie is so full of cheap clichés, such as the hero who is demonized by the population, the smart kid, the resistance movement, the serious hero who use a phony vehicle (like a cop chasing criminals with a child's bike, brief, a cheap humorous trick).

Anyway since it's a robocop movie, I like it, but I never and will never enjoy it like robocop1 & 2.

RB 19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard