New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Coming soon - Movies you look forward to
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:39 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
Think of it as "Pacific Rim: The Batman Edition" or any other mecha/kaiju movie or anime.

Yeah, it's not what most people think when they hear "Batman", but it just looks FUN! Very Happy

Well, considering the latest run of the Batman comic had Jim Gordon becoming Batman and piloting an anime-style Batmech, that doesn't sound too far off from what Batman is. And that's nothing compared to what was going on in the 50's. Who can forget the classic adventure where Batman had to wear a different color costume every night? I know a lot of people think Batman means dark and gritty and bleak, but the sillier side is just a big a part of it. This new film looks downright badass compared to some of the more embarrassing adventures Batman has participated it. And it looks like a heck of a film regardless.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:44 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :

Well, considering the latest run of the Batman comic had Jim Gordon becoming Batman and piloting an anime-style Batmech, that doesn't sound too far off from what Batman is. And that's nothing compared to what was going on in the 50's. Who can forget the classic adventure where Batman had to wear a different color costume every night? I know a lot of people think Batman means dark and gritty and bleak, but the sillier side is just a big a part of it. This new film looks downright badass compared to some of the more embarrassing adventures Batman has participated it. And it looks like a heck of a film regardless.

Indeed! In a time where most things tend to be "dark and edgy" and silliness is rarely considered, it's a breath of fresh air to see something like this. Same reason why I loved "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" so much.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:52 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
In a time where most things tend to be "dark and edgy" and silliness is rarely considered, it's a breath of fresh air to see something like this.

Did you miss the part where I said Gordon becomes Batman? In an anime-style mech suit?? In the regular Batman comic??? Batman never stopped being silly, if you think that's a breath of fresh air you just have been looking in the right places.

CREDITS 191

RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:28 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
RoboFan_93 :
In a time where most things tend to be "dark and edgy" and silliness is rarely considered, it's a breath of fresh air to see something like this.

Did you miss the part where I said Gordon becomes Batman? In an anime-style mech suit?? In the regular Batman comic??? Batman never stopped being silly, if you think that's a breath of fresh air you just have been looking in the right places.

No, no. I know what you mean. I have the issues too, just haven't had the chance to read through most of them. Appleseed Batman is what I call him. But I don't find it exactly "silly". By "silly" I mean "Superfriends" type stuff. Robo Bat-Gordon or not, the majority of the Batman stuff I've seen in recent years is a bit overly violent and lacking finesse in my opinion. A single silly Batsuit or a few good stories here and there doesn't change that for me. And that's why I find the Unlimited movies such a breath of fresh air.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:54 am Reply with quote

5 newly released teaser posters for the upcoming Power Rangers movie reboot.

CREDITS 2697

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:43 am Reply with quote

Kinda meh... who cares what they look like as people? WE WANT THE MASKS!!! It seems like they bungled the reveal of the costumes and now are purposefully avoiding using them in promo material. But it just makes it look boring. And if anything, this just reinforces how much this is gonna be a Power Rangers origin movie... which sounds painful. We are talking about a movie based on property that's sole purpose was the squeeze a few bucks out of the mangled remains of a Japanese children's show, not a piece of high literature. The intricate storylines have never been the main draw. We want big ass monsters getting the shit kicked out of them by teenage martial artists in colorful costumes and sometimes giant robots, not some shlocky teenage drama about the bonds of friendship and shit. Between introducing and developing these five characters and probably trying to do the same with the blobby face in a jar guy and the silly robot AND talk of doing the same with the Green Ranger too I got to wonder how much time that leaves for the lengthy monster vs robot brawls that were always the main draw of the series.

CREDITS 191

RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:29 am Reply with quote

Monster fights will be present for sure as there are on-set photos of the Ranger suits in action against green-suited stuntmen who will be CGIed over, so I'm at least thankful for that. I was afraid they might jump directly to a giant robot fight which would've been a mistake.

Shlocky teenage drama, unfortunately, is probably part of the deal. I remember early on there were rewrites since Saban wasn't pleased with a "making-out-on-top-of-a-car" scene and a few things like that. Sure they should stress teamwork, that's the entire thing of the franchise, but also not forget that it's an action movie too. I was hoping that if they want it to be a bit more edgy they'd go the Pacific Rim route - have it be somewhat serious, but not dark and not go overboard with the characters themselves, since the mechs and monsters are the stars.
I hope the suits get enough screen time and action and I hope the zords don't look like crap. As for the suits themselves, the Red one definitely looked better in the on-set photos than it did in the official press photo, so I hope they'll look good in action, even though I'm not really thrilled by the designs.

At this point, I think it's pretty safe to say that Rita obviously is/was the Green Ranger, so I could see an ending/post-credits scene that introduces Tommy.

But one of the most important things about this movie - it NEEDS to have the theme-song! And not some watered-down version - it needs the drums, the guitars and the Go Go!

CREDITS 2697

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:40 am Reply with quote

In light of the recent Comic Con stuff, I am really looking forward to basically all the Superhero stuff. JLA movie looks decent, Wonder Woman trailer really impressed me by being a WWI movie, and all the Netflix Marvel stuff is looking great. They are adding Superman to the Supergirl show which I think is a brilliant decision. And then there are the Infinity War movies, of course. Even if everything I mentioned is just mediocre, that is still awesome! When I was a kid comic books were all about gimmicks and the movies were looked at as jokes. Then when X-Men came out all the sudden there are more and more comic book movies and shows and look where we are today! Over-saturated? Absolutely, but that is the point. In the comic book industry not every comic is A-list. Most readers don't read everything, you pick your few favorites and might check out the other stuff now and again. Each issue is not meant to be a masterpiece, and really a true opus comic only comes out every few years. So why not look at the comic industry the same? So while not one of these films or shows has me watering at the mouth, I look forward to watching each and every one of them at some point.

CREDITS 191

WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:21 pm Reply with quote

So 93, what are your thoughts on the full trailer? They show a lot more this time around. You get to see Cranston/Zordon which I actually liked along with Alpha and the command center.

Apparently Rita makes her minions out of what she finds, so the putties are made of rock and concrete and Goldar is made entirely of gold. Confused

CREDITS 112

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:13 pm Reply with quote

Really intrigued with Power Rangers.

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:37 pm Reply with quote

Never was into Power Rangers and indeed still ain't.. The upcoming film.. bah. It's looking pretty good at least.

Otherwise, not much upcoming catching my fancy.. Blade Runner sequel and a couple other things.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:36 pm Reply with quote

Well, aside from the fact that it looks like a generic CG-fest for the most part, I'm happy with the Power Rangers trailer. It's nothing unique, but it's not pissing me off, which, at this point, I'm more than happy with.

The suits look really good in action. That shot of Billy kicking the Putty was terrific! That first press photo that was released really didn't do the suits justice.

Megazord and Goldar designs were already spoiled from the toys and both are bad, bordering on "Meh". I wouldn't be happy with Goldar ending up being nothing more than a mindless grunt. He does resemble Megazord a lot though, so there might be something bigger to that. I'm not even excluding the idea that it's Dragonzord underneath all that gold, as Rita is now quite clearly the Green Ranger and the Goldar toy comes with a mini Rita that can "pilot" him.

The Putties...look better in toy form frankly, but I don't mind them too much. However there seems to be a lot more than just space putty put into them this time around.

Zordon is an interesting re-design. I like it. It's still a giant head, yet it brings something new.

Alpha is neat as well. The toy and the concept art didn't convince me, but he seems better in motion and I like the voice. Hopefully he'll go "Ay-ay-ay" at some point.

The Rangers themselves look like decent actors. But once again, this is Power Rangers, so I'm not going in there looking for good acting. I'm looking for action. The idea of them being troublemakers is something different, that Power Rangers has barely done, so it could work out. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of their visors being open during the Zord battle. I don't mind the helmets being able to open up, but the masks need to have proper screen time.

Music selection for the trailer was beyond horrible. No guitar riffs (except for the Go Go jingle in the end)... I'd have gladly taken a more "self-aware" trailer that had Snap's "The Power" over Kanye any day.

What worries me a bit is that it's probably going to be under 2 hours, and since it's an origin story, I hope they don't waste two thirds of the movie with the teens not even morphing.

And finally, again, this is "Power Rangers" - it needs COLOUR! it needs ACTION and it needs A THEME SONG! (the Go Go jingle in the trailer is nice, but I need more). Rumour has it this thing is chock-full of PR lore and references, so I hope it's gonna be good in the story department too...

If it fails... well, there's still the TV show. Season 24 just started Very Happy

CREDITS 2697

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:25 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Never was into Power Rangers and indeed still ain't.. The upcoming film.. bah. It's looking pretty good at least.

Otherwise, not much upcoming catching my fancy.. Blade Runner sequel and a couple other things.

Here's hoping Blade Runner will be up to scratch.

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:08 am Reply with quote

Looks like last 'Ghost in the shell' is heavily borrowing elements from Robocop for Motko Kusanagi character, cyborg with a blurred identity of his past. Now I'm doubting if the original anime had already those elements, I thought she was a robot, not a cyborg, maybe in the manga or the sequels her human life was developed.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard