New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

ZOMBIES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:40 am Reply with quote

You are right most people aren't supposed to survive, and accidents can happen, but I know that I would be one of the alpha humans left, unless I got fucked over somehow from like you said, the god damn bloodspray from a shot I deliver to their medula oblongada

The bottom line is some people are more coordinated and better problem solvers than others. Survival of the fittest takes a firm grasp in this situation. Best way to survive, befriend as many Green berets, Rangers, and seals that you can, learn all you can from them and stick close with them. That is your best chance for survival. :devious:

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, all I'm saying is that the Zomb-pocalypse wouldn't be exactly as we all picture it in our zombie killing fantasies.

I think it would be a lot quieter and tense. Like a game of hide and go seek chess. You make one little wrong move, and that idea you had holding your escape plan together gets pulled out and a myriad of shit gets dropped on you. Especially from directions you didn't even see coming.

A game of cat and mouse, surrounded by enviromental hazards and flesh eating undead.

Stealth would be key I think. Keeping your presence unknown to the undead and other humans would be the best way to go. You can't trust most humans, especially in times of "disaster". Firing guns would definitely be an "attractor" and therefore a last resort.

On another zombie forum, I became aware of using other items and weapons that have multiple uses. Like instead of using some sword you found, you can use a crowbar instead. It has the ability to bash/crack open a zombie skull and you can pry open doors and windows with it (amongst other things). So you would have a weapon and a tool and not have to carry all the extra weight. Things like that.

So yeah, a Zombie Post Apocalyptic World (ZPAW) would definitely be thinking man's game.

That might make it less fun for some, but it's definitely more interesting/involving. Best to take care of your mental state as it would pay off to be thinking clearly when it comes time to problem solve.

AARGH! BRING ON THE ZPAW!

And don't forget to take your Ginkgo Biloba tablets kids! Wink

CREDITS 627

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:30 am Reply with quote

Deus you are officially obsessed with zombies.

CREDITS 4753

supes2705
L-L3

L-L3

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:50 am Reply with quote

RoboDemise :
Deus you are officially obsessed with zombies.

Me too, another fantasy me and friends talk about is getting up on a large building and sniping off zombies =D

CREDITS 53

Lightsaber-Green S-Shield dc-superman doctor-who-dalek VoorHees-Mask batman-joker dvd-20th
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:08 am Reply with quote

Deus are you trying to say that you haven't watched zombieland yet. I figured with your current career path you would have seen it and been reporting to the clan about it by now.
Me and My brother will be going to see it this weekend. Gotta love ol' Woody.

CREDITS 4753

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote

Demise, you under estimate my zombie senses.

I've since been working at a local theatre and have already snagged a Zombieland poster. Ya know, just in case it turns out good Wink

And then a few days ago I sat down and viddied it for free.

Not that I don't have my general non zombie complaints, but it was a good movie and I would see it again (for free of course. thats one perk I'll never get tired of).

Starts off strong, kind of weans in the middle, and then comes back around in the end (though not as good as the beginning).

Obviously it's not about realism, but comedy. It's really just a flick that centers around the "excess" of living in a dead/abandoned world.

One thing I will say, Michael Cera is watching this movie and saying "My whole acting career has just been raped."

CREDITS 627

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:03 am Reply with quote

So I just found out that Night of the Living Dead is being remade again for a THIRD time.

So far all I know is that it's Canadian and it's coming out sometime this year. Woo Neutral

When will illegitimate film makers learn to stop raping the public domain!

Show of hands who think they've learned their lesson?

Shame, shame...oh dear

Well they're remaking it AGAIN!

Only this time it's going to be an animated CGI film. It's called Night of the Living Dead: Origins 3D and says that it's a prequel as well as a retelling. Whatever.puzzled

It's also set in New York rather than Pennsylvania. Which I have to say is actually interesting. At least they're trying to do something different with it.

Here's a "Test Render":

Looks okay I guess. I'm willing to over look shitty CGI as long as everything else is worth my time. But what the hell am I talking out? It's a damn REMAKE. Fucking modern cinema.pissed

An interesting little tid bit: the actors doing the voices for Ben and Johnnie are the same actors that portrayed them in Tom Savini's "George Romero Approved" 1990 remake.

--------------------------------------

Some good news (sort of):

"In 2009, Legend Films coproduced a colorized 3-D version of the film with PassmoreLab, a company that converts 2-D film into 3-D format. This version will receive a full theatrical release in Europe, followed by a limited theatrical release in the United States"

I really don't give a shit about 3D and I really don't like fucking with and/or tweaking old films, but it'll be cool to see NOTLD on the big screen.

--------------------------------------

Oh, and some up to date news of George Romero's new "...of the Dead" film. It's now finally been officially titled "George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead". Which I have to say is still pretty lame in my book. Romero is kind of becoming a parody of himself now a days.

"It is the sixth film in Romero's "Dead" series. The film was released on DVD on March 15, 2010 in the United Kingdom. In the United States it will be released on April 30 2010 for Video on Demand and a theatrical release on May 28." ~ Wikipedia

It will probably be another flaccid attempt at his own genre, but the old bastard changed my life and I'll be there in line May 28th somewhere in LA, it being probably the only theatre in California it is shown. Much like the theatrical release of his last film "Diary of the Dead".

Hell yeah, straight from the only theatrical release in CA! Taken on a crap-tastic camera phone (RIP).

CREDITS 627

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:47 am Reply with quote

So I went to the midnight show of "opening day" last night. Again it was at the same theatre as last time. Pounded some beer on the car ride up promising to be the DD on the drive home.

They raffled off some Survival of the Dead posters signed by Romero himself and then they played old retro trailers before hand.

It was pretty awesome. And then the movie started. Long story short, it was one of the worst films I've ever seen. I dare say I'd rather watch RoboCop 3 than this pile of retarded giraffe shit.

Story, acting, dialogue were the worst I've seen in years. The zombies weren't even good. Make up effects were almost unnoticeable and horrible when there was enough to see them.

Most if not all gore effects were all low budget CGI which looked absolutely ridiculous. Like they were done with Windows 95. And were almost cartoony to a point.

Sigh......I could go on for a good while picking this turd apart but it's just too depressing. I mean, I was expecting a bad movie, but this was just too much.

All I know is that George Romero has officially gone senile. He's not even operating in normal reality anymore. And I'm pretty sure there were a million people in connection to this film that just nodded their heads and said "Yes George, that's amazing George, can I get a picture George?".

Romero needs to be put out of his misery.

CREDITS 627

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:47 am Reply with quote

God Damn Romero! What has happened? Land of the dead was by him too right? I think I remember barely being able to sit through diary. It was real bad. How do you fuck up a franchise like that. His movies should be getting better, not worse.
By the way Romero is Stan Lee, I'm pretty sure.

CREDITS 4753

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:01 am Reply with quote

I don't know, how bad has Lee gotten? He just seems like a slightly crazy nice old guy.

I love his cameos.

CREDITS 627

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:10 am Reply with quote

The mere point that you said you'd almost watch R3 over it tells me all I need to know. Bah. Neutral

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:46 pm Reply with quote

Deus Ex Robo :
I don't know, how bad has Lee gotten? He just seems like a slightly crazy nice old guy.

I love his cameos.

I was only referring to looks, nothing else. Here take a looky.

Romero

Stan Lee

Ehh, I just usually see them for seconds or something so it always seems they look the same.

CREDITS 4753

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:53 pm Reply with quote

Senile ol Romero. He looks so nice! But I know.....I know what he's really about......

CREDITS 627

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:35 pm Reply with quote

DP Part Deux!

AMC, the same people who brought you brilliant shows such as "Breaking Bad", have come together to turn Robert Kirkman's ongoing comic series "The Walking Dead" into a television program.

Directed by the same guy who did The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption and produced by someone who either produced Aliens or Terminator 2. With special effects done by KNB Effects (Greg Nicotero of Day of the Dead and Land of the Dead), this is looking to be one hell of a god damn show.

As a reader of the comics, this looks to follow the source material quite closely while also adapting it freely to suit additional action and drama.

The 90min premiere debuts Halloween night. I wanna say around 10pm. I think this is really going to kick some major ass.

And with out further adieu, the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub8FXMPT7oU

CREDITS 627

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard