New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

TheDudenfresh
;

<font color=102457>;<font color=C0D9D9>

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quote

The movie in my opinion was truly beautiful, it was one of the best movies I ever saw.

I definately think there shouldn't be a sequel for this.

CREDITS -8

DoktorNo
Internal Troops Officer

L-L5

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:26 am Reply with quote

"Avatar" will be re-relased this August, with some new footage.

Interview with Cameron, about new scenes:

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: James Cameron Interview! Talks AVATAR Re-release, Sequels, 3D Conversions & Working With Del Toro!

http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2010/08/exclusive-james-cameron-interview-talks.html

Quote:
12:45 - The AVATAR re-release will have 9 extra minutes, not 8 and it will all be CG. No extra footage of live action characters drinking coffee. Rainforest; some at night; a hunt sequence - a lot of flying; high impact action; an emotional scene toward the end has been added back; "the best CG in the film has been added as far as facial performance"; A Na'vi counterattack after the bulldozer attack; more of Grace at the school; adding the Stingbat and Sturmbeast creatures; additional Quaritch final AMP Suit battle shots; more of the glade love scene. It is all on par with the best of the rest of the film. They had lots of footage to choose from and they put back the absolute best scenes and shots they could.

CREDITS 174

booze dvd-robocop1 dvd-robocop2 game-ds southpark-cartman indianajones-figure Doom
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:46 am Reply with quote

Are you fucking kidding me? What a horrible shitty joke. Are people really so sheepish that they would fork out money to these greedy bastards again for the same thing. Jesus Christ, it's no wonder why this world is falling apart very rapidly. I think I.Q. tests should be standard before people can breed. Time to weed out some of the fucking functioning retard population.

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:56 am Reply with quote

Oh, they are gonna milk this for years.

After this comes the hundreds of DVD/Blu-ray releases. So far they released the movie only disc, then there will be the special edition, extended edition, the 3D version and then ultimate edition, collectors edition and so on and so on.

I'm not hating on Avatar, it's just how they do things with big movie releases. They milk them dry.

CREDITS 396

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:46 pm Reply with quote

There goes quite a bit of respect I had for James Cameron. :roll:

CREDITS 21

Swedish Robot
C-L2

C-L2

Comment: Formerly Draliseth

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:01 pm Reply with quote

Mephisto :

Guess you never saw the thousands of DVD editions of Terminator 2...

SWEDISH ROBOT INDUSTRIES

CREDITS 20

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:03 pm Reply with quote

Archive and Dral said it - I mean come on, this is news? Big shit like this gets milked all the time. That said, only 9 minutes? That's kinda short for Cameron, whos 'Special Edition' movies often have 20-odd minutes of extra footage to them. Bah, whatever.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
DoktorNo
Internal Troops Officer

L-L5

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:37 pm Reply with quote

Folks, I watched "The Abyss" extended edition, and it made more sense than theatrical cut.

Quote:
I'm not hating on Avatar, it's just how they do things with big movie releases. They milk them dry.

What did you expected, Archive? Movies are made for money.

CREDITS 174

booze dvd-robocop1 dvd-robocop2 game-ds southpark-cartman indianajones-figure Doom
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:55 pm Reply with quote

Swedish Robot :
Mephisto :

Guess you never saw the thousands of DVD editions of Terminator 2...

Oh I have and I have the old Ultimate edition and the Extreme edition of T2.

It's the Theatrical re-release that bothers me.

I'm used to these constant re-releases of DVDs these days. This Theatrical re-release is fucken lame as it just went out of theaters not that long ago, and it will hog up theater space that other new films desperately need.

CREDITS 21

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:57 pm Reply with quote

I think my main objective is that it pisses people off when they buy one edition of a movie and then another new ultra mega edition is announced a month later. I think for the Watchmen DVD they actually had an ad included for a ultimate edition coming later on. That's kinda evil.

For Avatar though, i look forward to the extra scenes. The "new CGI scenes only" confused me though. Wasn't there some scenes of Sully before he came onboard the ship? He got beat up in a club or something? They're not gonna include that or just hold onto it for a later edition?

CREDITS 396

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:11 pm Reply with quote

I will never forgive Cameron for that Terminator DVD edition with changed sounds fx [mostly in gunfires].

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:55 pm Reply with quote

They should just start doing this with all movies. Why make a sequel when you can just put out the same thing again?

I personally just think it is in bad taste. Just seems like a slap in the face. It was in theaters so long already... But, I'm sure it will be number one again...

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
FluxCapacitor
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:21 am Reply with quote

Only 9 minutes? I don't see the point in paying again to see the same thing I've already seen in 3D and watched countless times on dvd with 9 minutes added on. I'll just wait a year or two for the re-release dvd price to drop to £5. If the 9 mins are worth it, I remember watching the Apocalypse Now Redux thinking the theatrical cut was better.

CREDITS 11

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:59 pm Reply with quote

DoktorNo :
Folks, I watched "The Abyss" extended edition, and it made more sense than theatrical cut.

Of course it did. But that's because it actually had a damn ending to it, with about an extra 20 minutes of film there. I don't think 9 minutes of crap, that apparently is all CGI will make any difference. Aliens didn't need the whole sequences with the Sentry Guns, but they filled a void that was actually there, and added to the upset of being stranded on the planet.

Anyway, yeah, I hate the extra milking with another Theatrical release. It's just fuckin' pimping, pure and simple. I agree with Meph about how it will also push aside other movies that will come out. Bah.

artuditu :
I will never forgive Cameron for that Terminator DVD edition with changed sounds fx [mostly in gunfires].

Man, I think I love you. God I hate those pussy gunshots, too. So fuckin' stupid. Makes me glad I have my archaic VHS boxset.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard