New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

First cover art for Robocop #1 from Dynamite
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

yodazone
R-L5

R-L5

Comment: "I'm cashing...you...out...Bob"

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:10 pm Reply with quote

"Robocop has been published by a number of comic companies. Marvel, Dark Horse, Avatar and now Dynamite Comics. Here's the cover to the first issue, out in stores January 2010:"

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/10/26/hes-a-good-looking-robocop/

X-Mas comes early! Thanks to Bleedingcool.com for posting this first!

Coming in January too!

RB 729

metroid-figure2
yodazone
R-L5

R-L5

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:41 pm Reply with quote

It wouldn't be Dynamite Comics without some Variant covers!

Badger Comics has pics of the b&w and "negative" incentive covers:

Part man. Part machine. All cop. The future of law enforcement! Dynamite Entertainment proudly presents the dynamic debut of Robocop by writer Rob (Cla$$war) Williams and artist Fabiano (MARVEL ZOMBIES VS. THE ARMY OF DARKNESS) Neves! Under two awesome covers - one by the sensational Stephen (Wolverine) Segovia and the other by Dynamite's newest up and coming sensation (and the pupil of artist David Finch) Johnny D! - Dynamite goes back to basics as it unveils the dystopian, deeply satirical, and all-out violent world of Robocop. This is ROBOCOP continuing the stories from the first movie. This is ROBOCOP combining the conspiracy theory mystery of ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN, following on from Paul Verhoeven's original by mixing high action, extreme violence and satire. Plus: the return of ED-209!

Estimated Release Date: January 27, 2010

http://www.badgercomics.com/subproduct_info.php/Dynamite_Entertainment/ROBOCOP__1/ukv/1/products_id/NOV090716

Shocked

RB 729

metroid-figure2
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:49 pm Reply with quote

ahh ahah thats great! I love the clean yet almost lobo-sque art!

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Nash
L-L3

L-L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:16 pm Reply with quote

Fantastic Very Happy Smile Shocked

RB 5709

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:48 pm Reply with quote

Finally some cool and stylish RoboCop art. Smile

I await January impatiently, this is gonna be great!

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quote

woow and mainly somethig good and new with him !

Although this is probably from other artist the art remind me the drawings and style from the darkhorse comics !

tongue I cannot wait to see more !

RB 4166

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
DoktorNo
Internal Troops Officer

L-L5

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:20 pm Reply with quote

Better than shitty, overdetailed mess from Avatar Press. Smile

Thumbs up!

RB 523

booze dvd-robocop1 dvd-robocop2 game-ds southpark-cartman indianajones-figure Doom
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote

Only thing I see that bugs me, is the gun is totally wrong.

That is not the auto-9 in his hand.

RB 495

Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:55 pm Reply with quote

good eyes Mephi !

I watched the pict really very very watchfully ! But oh shame I did not notice it !

only one thing what I thought about is I would change a little bit his face !

But hey maybe we dont know the story maybe he took the gun of one of the guys or something like that Wink

RB 4166

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
yodazone
R-L5

R-L5

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote

The Dynamite site has a Robocop profile page up now with a pic of the cover artwork without the logos:

http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/htmlfiles/infoDB.html?show=NS10200973411

Twisted Evil

RB 729

metroid-figure2
Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote

I love the artwork, but the variant covers are kinda lazy. The inverted cover is a horrible idea.

I wonder if that is the same artist that will do the art in the actual issue or if they just pulled out some random artist to make a quick cover.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quote

Mephisto :
Only thing I see that bugs me, is the gun is totally wrong.

That is not the auto-9 in his hand.

I have to agree there.

Nonetheless, that still looks pretty damn nice. Pretty good art.

Archive :
I love the artwork, but the variant covers are kinda lazy. The inverted cover is a horrible idea.

The invert I don't fancy, but the Black and White looks pretty damn good, though.

Well, at least we'll be getting some kind of new RoboCop come 2010. Smile

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quote

Archive :

I wonder if that is the same artist that will do the art in the actual issue or if they just pulled out some random artist to make a quick cover.

You mean like how Dark Horse had a different artist do awesome cover art for "Prime Suspect" and the interior art looked like complete ass?

Here's something for ya. It kinda looks like the auto-9 is in mid air behind Robo.

Though that is kinda fucked up, and doesn't make any sense.

Another thing I'm not diggin is the almost Superman in flight pose Robo's got going there. Add a cape, and it's up. up and away.

Yeah, I'm probably too critical, but for a 1st issue, which sales will determine if this series even makes it past 4 issues, the cover art doesn't wow me.

The variant covers are lame really. Should have went with the old school approach. Either Chrome, Foil, Embossed, or Holographic covers.

Invert is lazy, and looks like crap. So is B&W to tell ya the truth.

RB 495

Archive

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:57 pm Reply with quote

They are probably going the same way as Dark Horse in doing 4-issue stories, releasing a TPB and then doing another 4-issue story if it sells.

Mephisto :
Another thing I'm not diggin is the almost Superman in flight pose Robo's got going there. Add a cape, and it's up. up and away.

Truth be told, I can't really tell WHAT is going on in the cover. Are they flying, falling? What is that tech thing in the background? It probably has nothing to do with the actual comic though.

RB 348711

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard