New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop 3 ignored and disregarded RoboCop 2?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:54 am Reply with quote

During the scene in RoboCop 2 when the guy is holding the baby with a gun to it's head.

Before Murphy, says "Lewis, hang it up!"

Does the guy say "Drop it Lewis or she's dead!" ??

Question 1 - Is that what he says?

Question 2 - How does he know Lewis's name?

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:00 am Reply with quote

NukeLord :
During the scene in RoboCop 2 when the guy is holding the baby with a gun to it's head.

Before Murphy, says "Lewis, hang it up!"

Does the guy say "Drop it Lewis or she's dead!" ??

Question 1 - Is that what he says?

Question 2 - How does he know Lewis's name?

Thug: "Drop it or the little shit's dead! I'll blow it's fucking head off man!"

Robo: "Lewis...hang it up"

Thug: "Now, no shit from either one of you. And don;t try to follow me"

Robo: "We won't"

Thug: "The baby's going with me"

Robo: "no"

Thug: "Ill kill it man. Ill do it! Ill fucking kill it!"

Robo: "we cant have that"

BLAM!

Boink!

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:41 am Reply with quote

Okay I got the "Lewis, hang it up!" part wrong. That came after that dialogue.

But just checked it a few times, and it definitely sounds like "Drop it Lewis, she's dead!" Guess my ears ain't as "good as money can buy!". Smile

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:30 am Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :
BLAM!

Boink!

Laughing

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:46 am Reply with quote

I think I was wrong with my assumption after all. Im starting to notice more and more elements from R2 in R3: The updated OCP logo, police helmets, OCP Communications.

RB 525

Officer Harvey
Metro West District, Detroit Police Department, OCP

O-L1

Comment: I'm not in a Labor Union. I'm a Police Officer. I Don't Strike.

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:59 am Reply with quote

As far as the Old Man is concerned, I'm thinking he just simply died honestly. it's made pretty clear at the end of R2 that the entire RoboCain incident was placed solely on the crazy chick running the program and I seriously doubt the Old Man got any legal backlash, Johnson would've made sure of that Wink

Now, they alluded to in 3 that because OCP had suffered so many lawsuits resulting from that, paying them led to them being virtual bankrupt and up for purchase. Knowing the Old Man, I don't think he could live with his company suffering that fate and I think it killed him, like he lost the will to live. For the Old Man, I believe seeing OCP being downgraded was worse than jail.

RB 25

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:51 pm Reply with quote

Officer Harvey :
As far as the Old Man is concerned, I'm thinking he just simply died honestly. it's made pretty clear at the end of R2 that the entire RoboCain incident was placed solely on the crazy chick running the program and I seriously doubt the Old Man got any legal backlash, Johnson would've made sure of that Wink

Now, they alluded to in 3 that because OCP had suffered so many lawsuits resulting from that, paying them led to them being virtual bankrupt and up for purchase. Knowing the Old Man, I don't think he could live with his company suffering that fate and I think it killed him, like he lost the will to live. For the Old Man, I believe seeing OCP being downgraded was worse than jail.

I really dont think the Old Man cared about the company. he represented what Jones and Bodicker represented in the first movie - a lust for POWER. Thats pretty much it. All he cared and wanted was power

RB 525

Officer Harvey

O-L1

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 am Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :
Officer Harvey :

I really dont think the Old Man cared about the company. he represented what Jones and Bodicker represented in the first movie - a lust for POWER. Thats pretty much it. All he cared and wanted was power
And for the Old Man, power was OCP, it was his company. OCP falling is the equivalent of The Old Man falling. Powerful guys like that would rather die than to see that happening to their creation, watching the profits drop etc. I was just saying the Old Man propably gave up living when that was starting to go down and didn't want to be around when it went down in the dirt.

RB 25

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:07 am Reply with quote

Officer Harvey :
KidGoesWild :
Officer Harvey :

And for the Old Man, power was OCP, it was his company. OCP falling is the equivalent of The Old Man falling. Powerful guys like that would rather die than to see that happening to their creation, watching the profits drop etc. I was just saying the Old Man propably gave up living when that was starting to go down and didn't want to be around when it went down in the dirt.

I have to disagree. I think just like Jones he didnt care for the company or its honor or name. He cared about HIS name and HIMSELF. OCP gave him the position of power but he didnt have any emotional attachment or love for the company

RB 525

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:34 am Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :
I have to disagree. I think just like Jones he didnt care for the company or its honor or name. He cared about HIS name and HIMSELF. OCP gave him the position of power but he didnt have any emotional attachment or love for the company

Yup. He was about profit and the fastest way to get it. OCP just being a means to an end. Yes it takes time and effort to get a successful corporation of the ground, but the most efficient way is to get products out quickly and play dirty with the rest of the world.

Hence projects like ED-209 and numerous RoboCop 2 failures. Throw something together, slap the OCP logo on it, and get it into the hands of customers as quickly as possible. If it fucks up, have the lawyers handle it. If it works, start working on another half-assed version that consumers find more shinny and attractive. More flash and awe rather than technological advancement. (cough cough iPod)

"Who cares if it works!"

The head of a major corporation isn't looking down on his company and going "Whoa, there's some shady shit going on in my Tax Statements. Somebody in accounting has been a bad boy!". No, he and his inner circle are the ones finding loopholes in government contracts and Democratic Propositions. Cutting every corner and screwing over whoever they need to, to make a profit.

Anyways, I'm getting ahead of myself here. Although OCP is the source of his power, I'd hardly believe he's attached to it in any sentimental way that a small family owned business operator must feel.

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Officer Harvey

O-L1

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:24 am Reply with quote

That's great, guys but I think my original post was explaining my PERSONAL VIEW of what happened to the Old Man by the time 3 came along. Although it's good that it got some response Smile

RB 25

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:55 am Reply with quote

Personal opinion is a character flaw.

U = MOAR RONG!!!!!1!!!

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:08 pm Reply with quote

Officer Harvey :
That's great, guys but I think my original post was explaining my PERSONAL VIEW of what happened ...

Well, glad we have that cleared up. tongue

Anyway, I agree with KGW and Deus, they pretty much said it.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Officer Harvey

O-L1

Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:46 am Reply with quote

R3 didn't ignore or disregard 2, they just quietly tread past it so they could keep the kids away and focus on solely that movie in particular. If you watched 2 you're jsut supposed to assume it's in the past and it happened and that was that. They couldn't even properly explain the absence of the Old Man. Did he get killed or did he simply be replaced?Or a combination of both? We'll never know.

RB 25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard