New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Pepakura RoboSuit: Helmet and Collar Available!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:29 pm Reply with quote

Reminds me of Robo 2 after they put him back together and he's flexing for everyone in the police station

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
RoboTrap
OmniCon - A Silver Future

L-L2

Comment: RoboCop: The Future's Silver Lining

Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:49 am Reply with quote

Feet are coming along!

RB 13970

ultra1 robocop-figure4 lewis-figure RoboBadge ultra4 ultra5 ultra6
RoboTrap

L-L2

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:01 pm Reply with quote

I went back over the helmet and decided to make a few alterations while I was prepping it for Pepakura. In addition to modeling the appropriate connectors to enable a 3-piece helmet, I added a few extra polys to the jaw, visor and rear panel. Much smoother, and no difficulty added to the build. Anyway, I'll let the pics talk. Just excuse the uber-cheesy lighting I used.

I did add a bit of difficulty though, with some upper neckseal details I had omitted beforehand. Can't even recall the reason I let them out, to be honest. Regardless, they're they're now, and will line up with the corresponding lower neckseal details when that model is complete.

Tell me if anything looks off, or if you'd like to see some extra detail anywhere.

RB 13970

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:13 am Reply with quote

Other than the OCP POLICE 001, which ain't that big a deal in the first place - it looks just peachy to me. Wink

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:44 pm Reply with quote

That looks really good. Although I can only imagine how many parts it must be. I'm guessing about 3000 lol. I don't have the patience to build models made with paperkura.

I was actually trying something like this about 5 years ago, but the templates we much simpler and not as detailed (texture wise).

RB 853

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
Starseed18
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:31 pm Reply with quote

This looks awesome!
Its been a while now since any posts though... Has it been finished?

RB 6

SynaMax
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:44 pm Reply with quote

Haha, awesome!! Very Happy I would love to get my hands on the pepakura files for the helmet.

RB 36

RoboTrap

L-L2

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:48 am Reply with quote

Hey, guys! Still working on the files, but job hunting has been taking up a lot of my time.

The helmet has been finished for a while, but every time I export for Pepakura, the model is missing faces.

I'm at something of a loss, and this problem is beginning to crop up in almost every Pepakura model I make. All of the faces are oriented properly, there aren't any overlapping vertices, and everything is properly connected. Anyone have any tips?

RB 13970

Starseed18
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:53 pm Reply with quote

Wish I could offer some advice but I am pretty new to it aswell. Not sure if you are a member at it, but Pepakura seems to be pretty big at the RPF (rpf.com). Maybe someone could give you a hand there.

I think a lot of people would be pretty interested in what you have done so far

RB 6

SiR-ROUND
ABC WARRIOR

OCP3 - L3

Comment: Oh my god! They killed Kinney!

OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:04 pm Reply with quote

Any news? Aesome effort Mr. Trap!

RB 3346

judge-dredd judge-dredd-lawgiver judge-dredd-abcwarrior RoboCain-v2 terminator-endo terminator-skull evildead-book2 klf-album1
sullos
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:21 pm Reply with quote

looking great, nice work!

RB 18

RoboTrap

L-L2

Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote

Well, I've finally fixed the missing face problem, and managed to import the helmet and collar into Pepakura with no issues! I'm currently unfolding, and should have this up before Christmas Eve. Very Happy

Here's a sneak peek at the properly imported file:

The collar is fully detailed.

The bottom of the helmet also holds the corresponding details.

And yes, the whole thing does split apart like the original suit parts.

For anyone concerned about how many faces this model has, keep in mind that you're not supposed to fold all of those lines! For some models (like Robo here) you can simply curve the cardstock as you're gluing, making for an easier build, and an easier time smoothing the piece later on.

RB 13970

SiR-ROUND
ABC WARRIOR

OCP3 - L3

Comment: Oh my god! They killed Kinney!

OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quote

Looks neat!

Keep going.

RB 3346

judge-dredd judge-dredd-lawgiver judge-dredd-abcwarrior RoboCain-v2 terminator-endo terminator-skull evildead-book2 klf-album1
RoboTrap

L-L2

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:07 pm Reply with quote

Ready! This thing is ridiculously huge, coming in at 21 letter-sized pages. I've not done a lot of unfolding in the past, so you may want to wait until a friendly soul on the 405th (where I'm crossposting this upload) does a superior unfold of my file.

I believe this to be 1/1 scale, but I can't be sure since I've only just started building the piece... and don't have a helmet to compare it to, anyway!

In the meantime, here you guys go. Very Happy

1.22MB

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=28W9QOOM

-Backup Links-

http://rapidshare.com/files/439111225/Helmet_and_Collar.pdo

http://hotfile.com/dl/91762168/f9cd04e/Helmet_and_Collar.pdo.html

RB 13970

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard