New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Do your family and friends know you are Robocop fan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quote

I think mine have their suspicions, but I don't think they believe I am a full blown fan!

RB 2548

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
Saikoro
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:38 pm Reply with quote

I love this site. I can now hang out with fellow RoboCop lunatics!! Very Happy

Everyone I know is aware of my love for RoboCop. It's my favorite film of all time, and I've lost count of how many times I've seen it (I believe the number of times is past 500).

There's something about that damned design that won't let you take your eyes off of it. The film is full of messages and subtleties that I still pick up on after all of the times that I have seen it. I could go on and on and on about how much I love it.

But yeah, all of my immediates know I am a HUGE fan.

RB 19

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:10 pm Reply with quote

I only discuss it with people who had not seen R3 and the TV series. Never heard anything other than superlatives about it. Its always something like" Oh yeah! Robocop, that movies fucking great! Remember the part where..., or when...' etc

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:09 pm Reply with quote

My parents knew about my love for RoboCop. My father was pleased more than anyone. He thought I had an unhealthy obsession with Chucky from Child's Play. So, in his mind's eye, I'd grow up to be a cop and not a psychopathic serial killer.

My father and I share an exaggeration of true facts. I was a troubled youth, in trouble with the law at a young age. So, when I cleaned up my act, and started in with Robo, naturally, my father was pleased.

Other than that, My girlfriend knows about it. She gave me a little shit, but mostly the elbow in the ribs. She obsesses about Rocky. So, I'm good.

Damn, Orion Pictures put out great movies.

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote

^ Like RoboCop 3! tongue

Hah, but seriously, that is the only thing MGM has going for it at all, control of such an immense and wonderful catalog of media, much of it from Orion. Just saw Back To School yesterday - great flick, and another Orion release.

Anyway I have answered the topic, though I must say if I ever get around to it, I would only get tatted up with something Robo. He's the only choice. Wink

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:10 pm Reply with quote

Sean_001 :
My parents knew about my love for RoboCop. My father was pleased more than anyone. He thought I had an unhealthy obsession with Chucky from Child's Play. So, in his mind's eye, I'd grow up to be a cop and not a psychopathic serial killer.

Oh, back in the days was different. When I was a kid I was cool because kids envied that I was able to watch Robocop. My father let me see it the first time, then my parents forbided watching it again but I used to stay up late till 12 am or 1 am to watch it on TV. My friends werent allowed to see it. When R2 was coming out, there was a hype in Europe at least, and we envied oldest kids who were over 18 that could see the movie in theaters. R3 changed everything and the series killed it

RB 525

gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:47 am Reply with quote

my mrs will not watch Robocop with me at all I cart help my self . my family know iam a big fan, they pick on me some times but all fun . ike a say to every 1 better then train sets

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
ROBOTCOP
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: joined back in 2002 . forgot password. rejoined

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:38 am Reply with quote

No one really knows about my hobby , unless they visit my house, then it's kinda obvious .. I don't wear my costumes anymore..i have a lot of bat suits etc.
My robocop suit when finished will be on a mannequin for display...

Alex

RB 495

robocop-helmet ultra1
Yadre
O-L1*

O-L1*

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:37 pm Reply with quote

No, but my cellphone let everybody know about it Very Happy Too bad, that the stupid android keeps putting back the default ringtone every 24 hours (grrr)

RB 124

gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:03 pm Reply with quote

all my friends and family no iam a Robocop fan half my m8s give me it big time, when I buy my robo toys, most of my palls think ill be in the nut house, better then collecting train sets

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:46 pm Reply with quote

Hey, nothing wrong with trains...

Anyway, yeah they ridicule you for all that stuff, but when you say "I'll buy that for a dollar" or "Bitches leave" I bet they don't give you any shit (if they do, you need to ditch them and get new friends)

That said, my older brother definitely thinks they don't need a motion - the bitches should leave. mr green

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:41 am Reply with quote

In relation to my posts below:

KidGoesWild :
I love showing the movie for the first time to people who havent seen it. I get such a kick out of their reactions, and in ALL the cases it can be described with two words: surprise and complete satisfaction.

I especially like to show it to nonbelievers and then see how theyre shocked that its nothing they imagined (and its always the TV series image of Robocop or just thinking that its some robot kids movie), and how the movie pulls everyone in. The two scenes that seem to evoke the most emotions and reactions from everyone is Murphy's death and visiting home (my fave scene).

Today I saw the movie again with the "virgin" audience when I talked people at the party who wanted to see a movie to watch this one. Everyone said its a great idea cause they were sure the cheesiness will be hilarious. And man, that movie killed that party (in a good way) - everyone stopped talking very soon and it was like a theater with everyone being so immersed in it. I could hear occasional reactions like "oh my god" or "that is so sad"(home scene). I like one reaction to Robo's face without the helmet: "oh...my....look... Its just a face. How sad that is when he looks at his face in the mirror yet its a cut out piece of flesh strapped surgically to this machine, and its all he has left of him." There was a lot of pathos for the character. As far as the humor goes, everyone loved the "rape attempt" scene the best. They thought Robo's move and the punchline, "Your move creep" was just perfect.

Its always cool to see people experiencing this great movie for the first time

Quote:
Well, like I said, its mostly, if not only, people who havent seen it or seen it so long ago they dont remember anything from it. People who know Robocop only remember him from the TV series or only know about the TV series (from my experience). The TV series and R3 defined the view on Robocop. Everytime I mention Robocop I ALWAYS get laughs and most of the time people think Im joking that I like thye movie, they really think I do at first, then I keep telling them that it isnt what they think, and I explain the TV series and R3 and that it is NOT representative of the 87 movie. Then what I always did, and Ive done that with tens of people, I ask them to watch it, and when they roll their eyes and say no thanks I say "lets make a deal. Please try, and give it a chance to the half of the movie, when Robocop meets his one of his killers at the gas station. We'll stop, and if after that, you dont wanna see the rest of the movie, fine, you win. ", and Im the one who always wins and every, every single time from biggest doubters, male or female, I always get a shock and surprise and huge praise for the movie

I finally managed to almost force my fiance to see the movie. She hates scifi and she dislikes older movies, and the first time I told her to watch Robocop to see that this isnt a dumb kid movie many think it is she just laughed, and then she said she was really thinking I was joking. When I again pressed for seeing R1 and told her to at least trust me and give it a chance, she just rolled her eyes and said she wont be watching Robocop. Well, I showed her Basic Instinct first (which I love) and which she was really into to to introduce her to Verhoeven, it was still hard to make her see it but she agreed.

The movie was rolling and she was just looking around obviously not into it and not wanting to watch it, finally Murphys execution got her attention but then she just couldnt get into it again, she did say that the design of Robo is really honestly great, along with the moves, which perfectly sell that its a machine with motors and rotators etc. When it came to Robo starting to discover his past in the police terminal she was hooked like crazy from this moment on, frozen staring into screen biting nails, so success again. She admitted the movie was really good and promised to trust me with movies in the future based on that.

What she enjoyed was that it didnt really seem like a scifi movie, because the characters were so real, and the environment was the everyday, real, gritty setting, and the pathos of the character could really be felt. Interestingly, like all the other people that I showed the movie too, she felt repulsed and felt pity for Murphy when he took off his helmet. Her fave comedy bit was ED crying after falling. Her two biggest shock reactions were when Lewis got shot by Bodicker and when Emil got splashed on the windshield

I think by now I showed the movie to about 24 people if I remember correctly

RB 525

TWayne001
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:40 am Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :
In relation to my posts below:

KidGoesWild :
I love showing the movie for the first time to people who havent seen it. I get such a kick out of their reactions, and in ALL the cases it can be described with two words: surprise and complete satisfaction.

I especially like to show it to nonbelievers and then see how theyre shocked that its nothing they imagined (and its always the TV series image of Robocop or just thinking that its some robot kids movie), and how the movie pulls everyone in. The two scenes that seem to evoke the most emotions and reactions from everyone is Murphy's death and visiting home (my fave scene).

Today I saw the movie again with the "virgin" audience when I talked people at the party who wanted to see a movie to watch this one. Everyone said its a great idea cause they were sure the cheesiness will be hilarious. And man, that movie killed that party (in a good way) - everyone stopped talking very soon and it was like a theater with everyone being so immersed in it. I could hear occasional reactions like "oh my god" or "that is so sad"(home scene). I like one reaction to Robo's face without the helmet: "oh...my....look... Its just a face. How sad that is when he looks at his face in the mirror yet its a cut out piece of flesh strapped surgically to this machine, and its all he has left of him." There was a lot of pathos for the character. As far as the humor goes, everyone loved the "rape attempt" scene the best. They thought Robo's move and the punchline, "Your move creep" was just perfect.

Its always cool to see people experiencing this great movie for the first time

Quote:
Well, like I said, its mostly, if not only, people who havent seen it or seen it so long ago they dont remember anything from it. People who know Robocop only remember him from the TV series or only know about the TV series (from my experience). The TV series and R3 defined the view on Robocop. Everytime I mention Robocop I ALWAYS get laughs and most of the time people think Im joking that I like thye movie, they really think I do at first, then I keep telling them that it isnt what they think, and I explain the TV series and R3 and that it is NOT representative of the 87 movie. Then what I always did, and Ive done that with tens of people, I ask them to watch it, and when they roll their eyes and say no thanks I say "lets make a deal. Please try, and give it a chance to the half of the movie, when Robocop meets his one of his killers at the gas station. We'll stop, and if after that, you dont wanna see the rest of the movie, fine, you win. ", and Im the one who always wins and every, every single time from biggest doubters, male or female, I always get a shock and surprise and huge praise for the movie

I finally managed to almost force my fiance to see the movie. She hates scifi and she dislikes older movies, and the first time I told her to watch Robocop to see that this isnt a dumb kid movie many think it is she just laughed, and then she said she was really thinking I was joking. When I again pressed for seeing R1 and told her to at least trust me and give it a chance, she just rolled her eyes and said she wont be watching Robocop. Well, I showed her Basic Instinct first (which I love) and which she was really into to to introduce her to Verhoeven, it was still hard to make her see it but she agreed.

The movie was rolling and she was just looking around obviously not into it and not wanting to watch it, finally Murphys execution got her attention but then she just couldnt get into it again, she did say that the design of Robo is really honestly great, along with the moves, which perfectly sell that its a machine with motors and rotators etc. When it came to Robo starting to discover his past in the police terminal she was hooked like crazy from this moment on, frozen staring into screen biting nails, so success again. She admitted the movie was really good and promised to trust me with movies in the future based on that.

What she enjoyed was that it didnt really seem like a scifi movie, because the characters were so real, and the environment was the everyday, real, gritty setting, and the pathos of the character could really be felt. Interestingly, like all the other people that I showed the movie too, she felt repulsed and felt pity for Murphy when he took off his helmet. Her fave comedy bit was ED crying after falling. Her two biggest shock reactions were when Lewis got shot by Bodicker and when Emil got splashed on the windshield

I think by now I showed the movie to about 24 people if I remember correctly

Awesome man, I love hearing your stories about spreading the word. I'm in the same exact situation, people think I'm crazy over at other movie buff forums, they think robocop is this godly heaven sent masterpiece that everyone loves... I can't convince them otherwise that the GA really has a different view on the movie. They do man, they really do, and a lot of us are blind to that. Like you said mostly because of the series and robo 3. It's hard to even get some people to watch R1.

Luckily my girlfriend is more open to it, I first showed it to her in 2007 when we first got together. I said you have to watch this movie for us to go further(jokingly of course) and she was totally down for it. Hell I had a whole slew of movies for her and I watch together, terminator movies, Rambo, the batman movies, all this cool shit she hadn't seen growing up or had just not payed attention to. I'm happy to say I opened her up to this world and were still together and she's just as much a geek as I ever was haha.

We live together right now and I'm greatly anticipating a week from now. I have the remastered robo blu sitting there ready to be watched. She didn't absolutely fall in love with robo as much as batman or any traditional superhero movies(she constantly cosplays Harley, and all her batman favs haha) but watching it again with her after several years will be fun, and maybe just open her eyes a little bit more. I can tell the new movie will be RIGHT up her alley.

Getting on topic, she's totally aware of my love for robo, ever since 07 of course. I try and fuse robo into everything I do, subtly or blatantly, and she has no problem with it at all haha. For Christmas a month ago, She even got me the whole run of the original Marvel comics Robocop series, in mint condish.

My older brother is a fan like I am, though not as hardcore, he still loves it, and loves to relive the times we had together with the toys and movies.

My mom and lil sis are also aware, my mom loves to tell my girlfriend how I walked around the house, doing Robocop movements in my underwear, thats always a fun time haha. Over Christmas we found some old photos of me with my ultra police helmet and Gatling gun and had a good chuckle!

I will say this, it's a great time to be a robocop fan, wether your anticipating the new movie or not, it certainly is much better than it was in 93/94 man. The original movie has a new awareness due to us kids growing up, expressing our love via social media and interesting other people in it, like KidGoesWild is doing. I've got 87 toys I never could have imagined getting back in the day, thanks to neca and hot toys. it's just a great time, and I could ft be more excited about the new film. It's surreal.

RB 627

Rob O'Coplin
"The Magic Man"

O-L4

Comment: I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:31 pm Reply with quote

I would say that the majority of my friends know that I am a huge a huge Robocop fan. My wife knows this first hand lol. I am slowly trying to convert her to Robocop movies. She's seen the original (so she says) when she was younger and couldn't watch the whole thing cuz it was gross and weird. She was a young girl, I get it. Last night, the Robocop Trilogy was on TV.. Blood, and all the violence we know and love. I mad eit my mission to get her to watch them with me. We saw 1 and 2... I told her that Robocop 3 will not be watched in our house.. its just wrong. She actually kind of liked the movies. She like Robocop 1 more so than Robocop 2. So now, shes actually excited to watch the new one, which is cool.

My entire family knows that I'm a Robocop fan as well... some think its weird, some don't really care. Meh, I don't care, I love the franchise... excluding Robocop 3 Laughing

RB 210

game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard