New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Post everything that you watched
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272, 273, 274  Next

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:36 pm Reply with quote

Over the past two weeks I watched the entire "RoboCop: The Series". I'd never seen it in its entirety until now (shame on me) and am glad to have finally caught up on it.

In general, I liked it quite a bit. Robo's non-violent approach is downright ridiculous at times and while pretty much all the bad guys were over the top, I liked that there were some recurring villains and plot-points. I liked how they handled The Chairman/Old Man and Diana, but I wish we could've seen more of her and her interactions with Murphy. I also enjoyed the presence of Murphy's family and the episodes with his dad. The Commander Cash commercials were neat and I felt were really in line with the commercials in the movies.

Overall, not a bad show at all. Could've used some more gunfire, but otherwise, I thought it was pretty good, though definitely a product of its time.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:01 pm Reply with quote

^ Pretty much this. Well met, 93. Wink

Anyway, did hit Batman Forever the other day.. Have to say the parts I enjoyed I found enjoying more. Kilmer really does the role justice as a Keaton replacement, easily the top point of the flick. Chris O'Donnell was a'right and Nicole Kidman.. bah, just plain hotness.

That said, the bad parts really stuck out more for me.. Carrey's Riddler was simply WAY over the top and kooky, TLJ's Two-Face not as much but still overly cheesy. This, along with some other things, quips and set-pieces, etc, really conflict with Kilmer and other parts. It really feels like it tries to be both serious and fun at the same time and unfortunately it fails badly. Really felt strongest in the more serious moments and weakest on the goofy parts. Eh, it's not horrible, but no better to me than it always has been. Could have done without the ass shot for sure. tongue

Caught some other stuff on HBO - The Nice Guys was some fun yet tough action. Definitely Shane Black-ish stuff. The Night Of miniseries was damn gnarly and rough but had a nice ending. Also re-watched End of Days, not truly superb but I think it's rather underrated as an Arnie flick.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:37 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :

That said, the bad parts really stuck out more for me.. Carrey's Riddler was simply WAY over the top and kooky, TLJ's Two-Face not as much but still overly cheesy. This, along with some other things, quips and set-pieces, etc, really conflict with Kilmer and other parts. It really feels like it tries to be both serious and fun at the same time and unfortunately it fails badly. Really felt strongest in the more serious moments and weakest on the goofy parts. Eh, it's not horrible, but no better to me than it always has been.

That's the funny thing about Forever - I've never been a fan of the villains' campiness or the Batmobile going up the side of the building... yet some of my favourite moments in the flick are also among the cheesiest - Gordon going "Go! Go!" at the Batwing, for example.

Stan The Man :

Could have done without the ass shot for sure. tongue

True that. I do love my suit-up sequences and it's always one of the things I look forward to the most in a Batman movie, but the ass shots in the Schumacher flicks are a bit too much. And it's a damn shame the Panther suit has nipples on it. Take those away and that suit is just damn gorgeous!

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:54 am Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
Stan The Man :

True that. I do love my suit-up sequences and it's always one of the things I look forward to the most in a Batman movie, but the ass shots in the Schumacher flicks are a bit too much. And it's a damn shame the Panther suit has nipples on it. Take those away and that suit is just damn gorgeous!

Well at least we all agree that the nipple shot was absolutely necessary.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:55 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
RoboFan_93 :
Stan The Man :

The nipple shot was in "Batman & Robin" though. In the chest shot from the opening of "Forever" the nipples aren't visible, the Sonar Suit doesn't have nipples and Robin, well, he doesn't even get a suit-up sequence.

CREDITS 2697

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:31 am Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
RoboPimp :
RoboFan_93 :
Stan The Man :

The nipple shot was in "Batman & Robin" though. In the chest shot from the opening of "Forever" the nipples aren't visible, the Sonar Suit doesn't have nipples and Robin, well, he doesn't even get a suit-up sequence.

Ah, how could I forget. I guess that is why some consider Batman Forever a more respectable and tasteful film that Batman & Robin.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:47 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Nicole Kidman.. bah, just plain hotness.

I agree. I caught that movie in my teenage years and I enjoyed Kidman on it.

Stan The Man :
Carrey's Riddler was simply WAY over the top and kooky, TLJ's Two-Face not as much but still overly cheesy.

Villains are treated bad in the Schumacher flicks. Carrey tried to hard to do an over-the-top version of Gorshinīs Riddler from the TV Show and Tommy Lee Jones was... strange as Two Face. He plays him on a cartoon level instead of an straight portrait of the character. And Jones is famous for his serious roles, so itīs a weird decision to see him as a crazy Looney Tunes kind of character.

RoboFan_93 :

Donīt forget the crotch shots on "Batman & Robin".

PS: Why Batgirlīs suit didnīt have nipples? Sexist flick!

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:08 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Villains are treated bad in the Schumacher flicks. Carrey tried to hard to do an over-the-top version of Gorshinīs Riddler from the TV Show and Tommy Lee Jones was... strange as Two Face. He plays him on a cartoon level instead of an straight portrait of the character. And Jones is famous for his serious roles, so itīs a weird decision to see him as a crazy Looney Tunes kind of character.

I know that's what he was going for, but man it just came off as extreme Jim Carrey being extreme Jim Carrey, just couldn't buy into it. I also agree TLJ's portrayal of Two-Face is rather odd given his history as an actor. I'm sure Joel wanted his portrayal to be that way - and perhaps TLJ wanted to do something a bit silly for once - but in any case it just doesn't really work here. I can see the fun of it, indeed tried hard to keep with that myself, but man it just don't make it at the end of the day.

Quote:
RoboFan_93 :

Donīt forget the crotch shots on "Batman & Robin".

Might've had one of those in Forever as well. Bah.

ChAnOoD :
Stan The Man :
Nicole Kidman.. bah, just plain hotness.

I agree. I caught that movie in my teenage years and I enjoyed Kidman on it.

The young Drew Barrymore was f'n hot too. At least it had some candy there for the male pigs in us. Wink

Anyway, eventually I'll finish up proper with B&R. Not looking forward to it too much, but still.

-

Otherwise, just caught Renaissance Man with the old man earlier. The film seems to have been poorly regarded and flopped badly but man I didn't see the 'it sucks' in it. It's decent. Granted it ain't totally fantastic and is rather unbelievable situation-wise but not as bad as it may seem to me. DeVito does quite well and it's got some good vibes in it. Kind of a sleeper.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:57 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
The young Drew Barrymore was f'n hot too. At least it had some candy there for the male pigs in us. Wink

Oh yeah, Drew was pretty nice there as well. Embarassed

Not watching too much movies right now, but Iīve been busy with series. "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" season 3 (plenty of cameos from people who worked on "30 Rock"), BBCīs "Crashing" or "Fleabag".

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:20 pm Reply with quote

Saw the two "Hellboy" movies the other day. I'd never seen the second one and it'd been a while since I'd seen the first one too, so...

Yeah, I didn't like them that much. In terms of make-up and visual effects they are downright gorgeous. The first one also has a steampunk masked Nazi blade-wielder which is downright awesome. Second one however...meh, I'm not huge on Elves. And while I don't mind fantasy creatures, something about them bothered me here and the first one felt better overall.

I'm in no way a Hellboy expert. I've never even read the comics, but like I said, the creature effects and make-up are the highlights of both flicks for me, I especially loved Kraus and Abe, so definitely worth seeing for them alone.

CREDITS 2697

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:35 pm Reply with quote

Trainspotting 2, which was OK but nowhere near the iconic original, which I also rewatched (for the first time in English actually, or Scottish I should say haha), and still holds up as an A+ movie.

I also rewatched after a long time another trendy iconic movie of the 90's, that is Fight Club! And I found it... a bit disappointing actually! All the beginning was kind of long, repetitive and boring, until Brad Pitt's character appears and then the movie gets interesting, his charisma and the frustrations of the generation X are the selling point lf the movie. However all the "fight club" is a bit ridiculous I'm sorry to say, as if boxing gyms didn't exist. I used to believe it was an A movie, now I would say B or B- ...

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:41 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
I also rewatched after a long time another trendy iconic movie of the 90's, that is Fight Club! And I found it... a bit disappointing actually! All the beginning was kind of long, repetitive and boring, until Brad Pitt's character appears and then the movie gets interesting, his charisma and the frustrations of the generation X are the selling point lf the movie. However all the "fight club" is a bit ridiculous I'm sorry to say, as if boxing gyms didn't exist. I used to believe it was an A movie, now I would say B or B- ...

Wow, thanks! I actually feel very much the same way, just never wanted to admit it much. It's a good film to be sure but I agree certainly not worth quite all the hype and praise it gets, to me anyway. I just don't find it on the level of 'iconic' as other films like some folks do. Close perhaps, but still.

CREDITS 2304

Steve Freeling
Patriarch of the Freeling clan

O-L2

Comment: Let's give him what he wants.

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:31 pm Reply with quote

The last movie I saw was a very good underrated movie called Something to Talk About. I'll give it a 4.5/5.

CREDITS 9

game-xbox
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:24 am Reply with quote

"Kong: Skull Island" - it was okay. Not great, but entertaining and I wouldn't have regretted seeing it in theatres if I had. Still, it had some dumb moments and I really am tired of Sam Jackson. With that being said, while not really a bad movie, it still felt like they made it for the post-credits scene alone.

CREDITS 2697

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272, 273, 274  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard