New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop trilogy on BluRay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:31 am Reply with quote

I noticed that they had this listed on Play.com and was more than likely going to pick up Robo 2 and 3.

Now though, I'm not so sure for obvious reasons. Hopefully, they'll at least sort the covers out...

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
roboben
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: It is my great "pressure" to introduce to you... RoboBEN...!!!

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:29 pm Reply with quote

Let's hope that it is only the Hong Kong distributor making things wrong.

And let's hope that they get it right for US and other countries' versions.

RB 217

robocop-figure1 dvd-robocop1 game-xbox
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:51 pm Reply with quote

Well, it's after the 5th, anyone purchased yet, or at least seen them in the stores?

Release date in the UK has been changed to the 18th I see, so may be pushed back elsewhere. Play.com have just the 3 movies listed, no special features, not even trailers on this release.

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/15824666/RoboCop-Trilogy/Product.html

RB 19108

Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:23 am Reply with quote

I was planning on getting this set, but seeing as it once again is just a damn lazy barebones release, I'm gonna have to pass.

Listen, this is fucken Blu-ray, which at the moment is the ultimate format for film releases.

Really if there is a chance for a company to put in everything they could to make an definite release for a film, this format is it.

MGM had this chance for RoboCop, and fucked it off once again.

The most I'd pay is $15-$20 for this set. I'm tired of buying the same barebone crap over and over again.

RB 495

robomole
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Comment: I AM THE MOLE!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:20 pm Reply with quote

Hello all,
I purchased the United States set from Amazon. The packaging is really beautiful. The exterior cover has the awesome image we saw already and it has a foil finish to it to give it a metallic look that's really cool in person. Inside is a standard Blu-Ray box with more cool imagery on it. As for the discs, Disc 1 is the same RoboCop Blu-Ray disc that has already been released, which makes the disc an eyesore since it doesn't match the other 2 discs. Discs 2 and 3 are Robo 2 and 3 and there is the issue with the image on the discs not having an image from the proper film which is a bummer. There are no special features except trailers which sucks, but the menus are very cool and the films picture quality is fantastic. Watching Robo 2 in HD makes it a whole new experience. The armor looks epic and there are a lot of little details that were unnoticeable before. The nice packaging and the great picture/audio quality for Robo 2 and 3 makes it a must own in my book, despite the exclusion of special features. Here are some pics...

Front Cover
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab63/robomole/ExteriorCaseCover.jpg
Back Cover
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab63/robomole/ExteriorCaseBackCover.jpg
Interior Front Cover
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab63/robomole/InteriorCaseFrontCover.jpg
Interior Back Cover
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab63/robomole/InteriorCaseBackCover.jpg
Disc 1
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab63/robomole/Disc1.jpg
Discs 2 and 3
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab63/robomole/Disc2and3.jpg

RB 924

xena hitman-agent47
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:51 pm Reply with quote

Totally sucks that there is yet again no extras for Robo 2. I noticed an "Any Questions" box in the photo of the back of the case with their web site address. I've just emailed them asking why there isn't any extras on Robo 2 yet again!!

foxconnect@orderassistance.com is the email address if anyone else wishes to voice their frustration/concern.

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quote

Why have they put a sticker inside the case saying "For the first time on BluRay - RoboCop I, II and III in the proper RoboCop logo, but they couldn't even fucking do that for the cover art?

Even the R1 disc has the 20th anniversary font used, which looks way cooler than the one they stuck on the front of R2 and R3 and the cover. Sad

RB 19108

Darrell Kaiser
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:44 pm Reply with quote

I said the exact same thing when I picked it up at Wal-Mart for $25.

RB 65

Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:34 pm Reply with quote

Right, well I've just seen the set advertised on Amazon.co.uk which is where I will be buying the set from, seeing as I have two £5 off vouchers, so I will get it for just the lowly sum, of £7.99 Very Happy

I'm hoping it's not the same as the US set version, but it's very unlikely Sad

RB 2649

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
moto1015
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: isn't the moon wonderful tonight?

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:55 pm Reply with quote

Just got this set from Amazon in the UK. As with the other releases around the world, it's the basic package and the only extras are trailers which have probably all been seen before.

Not had time to watch the actual movies yet, but it must go down as a missed opportunity to do the trilogy some justice.

I guess we shouldn't be surprised since MGM are in dire straits and must want maximum revenue from the least outlay.

RB 566

Scratch Card
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:06 pm Reply with quote

it is really disappointing since, for example, the recent "Back to the future" trilogy bluray collection has a whole bunch of extras including new documentaries.

No extras at all is just a mystery, as they could have at least included the stuff from the DVDs.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Zentron
:

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:50 pm Reply with quote

The thing I've noticed, is that this set was released by 20th Century Fox and only appears on the Fox website, perhaps they didn't want to buy any of the extras from MGM, due to whatever reasons.

I've watched the first RoboCop, the picture quality isn't really any much better than the DVD, if at all, I'm now just in the middle of watching R2, which the picture does seem to have some improvement to it, but mot much.

The only saving grace about this set is that they are using the director's cut of R1, you'll be able to see my review of the set on Amazon.co.uk in a short while, after I've finished watching R2 and R3, though to put it midly, it will be a damming review and a rating of 2 stars, only just missing out of the 1 strar due to the use of the said DC. I'm also emailing Fox to see what they have to say for themselves!

RB 2649

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:15 am Reply with quote

I'm just glad I don't have a blu-ray player anymore and don't plan on getting one anytime soon. Otherwise, I would have been forced to waste money on these as well.

RB 10024

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Zentron
:

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:26 am Reply with quote

RoboDemise :
I'm just glad I don't have a blu-ray player anymore and don't plan on getting one anytime soon. Otherwise, I would have been forced to waste money on these as well.
Doubt it! As long as you had a copy of the 3 disc DVD set, you wouldn't need to even consider looking in the direction of this Blu-Ray release! That's how bad it is!!

RB 2649

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard