New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Whats up with that RED visor?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote

I think it just looks more aggressive when viewed as a straight line. Think a slash as opposed to a curve.

Matrixv01 :
I'm torn about the way it curves up the side of the helmet as well. I don't hate it but I'm not sure how well it will work in actual shots. On the plus side, because that part of the red line is recessed on the sides it looks like you can only really see that part when looking directly at him from profile. It's so deeply recessed it disappears when even moving away from that angle in pics.

I never noticed that but it's something I could live with.

I am interested to see how Kinnaman sees with the helmet on. Weller had a greatly reduced field of vision but I would imagine Kinnaman wouldn't have too much of a problem with that. That is if the whole dome area is translucent.

I get where they are going with the colours. I liked it in Splinter cell when you could see Fisher's tri-focal goggles in the dark and it did look good and I get the same feeling from this. Imagine if the RC-2000 was in an alley lying in wait and all of a sudden all of the lights illuminate.

I wonder how the earlier versions of the RC-2000 will look provided they are in the finished film. I would imagine they would have the black visor like the original did.

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Matrixv01
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: RC-2000 Online...

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:40 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
I think it just looks more aggressive when viewed as a straight line. Think a slash as opposed to a curve.

Matrixv01 :
I'm torn about the way it curves up the side of the helmet as well. I don't hate it but I'm not sure how well it will work in actual shots. On the plus side, because that part of the red line is recessed on the sides it looks like you can only really see that part when looking directly at him from profile. It's so deeply recessed it disappears when even moving away from that angle in pics.

I never noticed that but it's something I could live with.

I am interested to see how Kinnaman sees with the helmet on. Weller had a greatly reduced field of vision but I would imagine Kinnaman wouldn't have too much of a problem with that. That is if the whole dome area is translucent.

I get where they are going with the colours. I liked it in Splinter cell when you could see Fisher's tri-focal goggles in the dark and it did look good and I get the same feeling from this. Imagine if the RC-2000 was in an alley lying in wait and all of a sudden all of the lights illuminate.

I wonder how the earlier versions of the RC-2000 will look provided they are in the finished film. I would imagine they would have the black visor like the original did.

I have to assume that the new visor is a translucent dome greatly increasing Robo's field of vision which makes sense if they are approaching it from a Dark Knight angle of making him more plausible and practical which I feel might be likely.

I didn't think of the Splinter Cell angle but that would be very dramatic indeed. I hope to see a situation where you only see the red visor and some of his suit lights coming at you from the shadows. This is a more subtle thing but I hope you get that low electronic hum noise to accompany the ignition of the visor light.

RB 340

god84
R-L5

R-L5

Comment: THE HandsomeDevil.

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:10 pm Reply with quote

i just think its down to glare, almost like the light picks up the very slight red film over the lense type thing.

like those old cartoon strips where characters with black hair would also have the blue glare/shine on it.

Im trying to think of something that is black but has a VERY faint red tint because its so black and that when light hits it it shows up.

the fact the new helmet has this red line on the visor im actually liking the new helet whereaes before i whinged about it.

RB 375

auto9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard