New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Silent Hill

Gadget
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: A good citizen always tells the truth, right?

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:26 pm Reply with quote

So, anybody here into the Silent Hill franchise?

Am totally looking forward to the latest movie addition, Silent Hill: Revelation.
Quote:
For years, Heather Mason and her father have been on the run, always one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn't fully understand. Now on the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by terrifying nightmares and the disappearance of her father, Heather discovers she's not who she thinks she is. The revelation leads her deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her in Silent Hill forever.

In case you're not into any of the games, the plot is based off the PS2 game, Silent Hill 3.

I just love the plot outlines and symbolism in Silent Hill, and Silent Hill 3 is undoubtedly one of my faves. The first movie I adore. I don't consider it canon to the games but I like it. I can only hope they portray Revelation the way Silent Hill was meant to be. I read somewhere that they still wanted Radha Mitchell to be there; not to star in it, but maybe a small cameo. Y'think that'll still be the case?

What are your thoughts?

CREDITS 97

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:43 pm Reply with quote

Ugh.....that first one was balls IMHO. It was only somewhat entertaining because I was at a drive in and I was baked. I'm not gonna get into the obvious reasons why it wasn't good, but I suppose there's always room for improvement in video game movies.

Do I think this sequel is going to be good? Hell no. But we've all been wrong in the past.

I've only played Silent Hill 2 on the Xbox and it scared the shit outta me. I'll always regret selling it before I had a chance to really get into it.

CREDITS 627

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Gadget
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: A good citizen always tells the truth, right?

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote

SH2 is just epically freaky! Never really played it cos I freaked out and just watched a friend play in my stead... makes me wonder how I could be afraid of somethin I like so much... God I'm such a chicken >.<"

Lol! Don't even get me started on improving video game movies. Of all the films based off games out there, there are prolly just a handful of 'em that happens to be "decent" - and I mean that in the friendliest term possible (refrains from changing the subject). Still. I'm skeptical about the sequel... excited but skeptical, mainly cos I don't know much about the new director/writer... Basset, was it? Anywho... I can only HOPE it can live up to the Silent Hill reputation. God I hope so.. x/

CREDITS 97

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:08 pm Reply with quote

Gadget :
excited but skeptical, mainly cos I don't know much about the new director/writer... Basset, was it?/

At least it's not going to be Paul W.S. Anderson. Thank your lucky stars for that.

CREDITS 627

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:52 pm Reply with quote

Deus Ex Robo :
At least it's not going to be Paul W.S. Anderson. Thank your lucky stars for that.

Or worse, Uwe Boll.

...is it too late to be replying to this thread?

Anyway, I just felt like saying I'm rather curious how they can adapt the story of the third game after completely mangling that of the first one, which the third's was built on.

I mean, consider the ending of the first movie: Alessa/Sharon wasn't reborn, she came back to her father as a ghost.

Maybe they'll just adapt the game's story ignoring the first movie completely? I'd rather like that.

CREDITS 23

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:07 am Reply with quote

The first one is okay, it's one of the better game to film adaptations.

Still wish they made the main character James. Quite a few characters were faithful so why change the lead?

CREDITS 1689

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:46 am Reply with quote

I loved the first movie up to the part when they run to the church.
Hated it from the moment the source of the howling sound was revealed, as they found a crapton of people running in the church, to the very end.

I've learned that a fanedit has been made of this movie, "Silent Hill: Red God remix", that redubs Alessa's lines (just hers, not Sharon's) and does other changes to make it more like the original game.

I really got track that down one of these days.

CREDITS 23

Neoranger
R-L5

R-L5

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:54 am Reply with quote

Here here! The first Silent Hill movie is a favorite guilty pleasure of mine. It has solid context and interesting subtext (for a video game adaptation, anyway) and it does its job at letting me sniff in all that lovely atmosphere and visuals whenever I don't have the chance to play through the games.

I'm more than glad they're making this one and they're basing it off of SH3. James' story wouldn't work in a non-interactive medium. One thing still confuses me, though... grown up Sharon is not only back outside Alternate Silent Hill as Heather, but her father is now Harry Mason?

CREDITS 124

WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:42 am Reply with quote

I can't say I'm excited in any way shape or form about another movie based on that franchise. But I'll probably end up seeing it anyway. I don't know, I guess I'm just really weird and picky with the way I picture or imagine certain stories and things should be. I just always expect more. Given the fact that I wasn't really into the games all that much, I wish they would stray from that and the stupid cliche "horror movie" formula that seems to be present in almost anything nowadays. They should focus more on story and ambiance if you ask me.

CREDITS 112

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard