New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Frank Miller's RoboCop TPB Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Fiwhiz
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Your company built the fucking thing.I don't have time for this bullshit!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:42 am Reply with quote

I was kinda Angry when Reed was killed rage But Overall the Comics Really were pretty good .. A Darker version Of Robocop which was Great .. I was use to reading The Marvel which were to Cartoon like for my taste. The Darkhorse were good Smile But the Frankmiller Comics were the best in my book.

RB 1

TwilightPro101
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:14 am Reply with quote

I've still yet to find any Dark Horse's comics available on my end. I'm going to have to dig for collections if and when I can.

RB 277

game-xbox
dirtytoytrunk
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quote

Who is the publisher of this tpb?

Rick

RB 27

Kenjamin
The best there ever was

O-L3

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning.

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quote

dirtytoytrunk :
Who is the publisher of this tpb?

RB 667

mug doom-marine alex-murphy
supes2705
L-L3

L-L3

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote

Been a while since ive read it, I might dig it out again, and rekindle some memorys

RB 162

Lightsaber-Green S-Shield dc-superman doctor-who-dalek VoorHees-Mask batman-joker dvd-20th
NOF
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: Who told you how?

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote

To say that I was repulsed and depressed by this is an understatement!

Like many Robo fans, I had always been intrigued with 'the script that never was'. So to hear that it was being put in comic format was very exciting.

I'll not dwell on the numerous delays, Miller not actually writing the thing etc. That's another topic entirely.

If people think R2 is sadistic, they need to sit down and read this. Page after page of confusing action sequences, misogyny, exploitation... oh dear oh dear oh dear

RB 534

comic2-robocop game-xbox arcade2-robocop2 Doom robocop3-fanboy
judza
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: I am the dark side incarnate

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:27 am Reply with quote

Well, I finally got Miller's script that "never was" in comic form, and I must say...IT ISN'T FILMABLE.

Everyone else has pretty much covered it, but the flow of the panels in the book was just all over the place.

RB 5719

starwars-emperor terminator-arnold metalgear-snake half-life2-gordon batman-joker batman-figure RoboCain-v2 alex-murphy
supes2705
L-L3

L-L3

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:23 am Reply with quote

judza :
Well, I finally got Miller's script that "never was" in comic form, and I must say...IT ISN'T FILMABLE.

Everyone else has pretty much covered it, but the flow of the panels in the book was just all over the place.

Yeah I have to say its quite jumbeled up and hard to follow at times, definetly unfilmable

RB 162

Lightsaber-Green S-Shield dc-superman doctor-who-dalek VoorHees-Mask batman-joker dvd-20th
themon84
;

<font color=102457>;<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: ON PROBATION!!

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:45 am Reply with quote

i need book 3 and 9 of miller's 03 series you guys are talkin about, anybody know where to get them, newkadia doesn't have them

RB 1

Johnny5
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:42 pm Reply with quote

Try Ebay or Amazon.

RB 495

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote

The movie was better in my opinion. The comic was good till about halfway through IMO.

The Kiss? The idea of it wasn't bad, but it could have been done better in some other way.

I definitely think more than a few elements from the comic could have been used to flesh the movie out more.

One thing I can say I totally hated about it, KONG. Man what a bland stupid character. And then when Dr. Love......did what she did at the ending, I was totally out of the whole experience. A waste of the stupid character (kong) you set up in the first place and just plain......not as good as the movie by FAR.

Anyone catch the "Hardboiled" reference that was thrown in there as well?

'Buy American. Be American.'

Definitely a lot more subtle than the 300 one.

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Officer Harvey
Metro West District, Detroit Police Department, OCP

O-L1

Comment: I'm not in a Labor Union. I'm a Police Officer. I Don't Strike.

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:03 am Reply with quote

I've been told that R2 the movie was better, and after reading on it, it appears to be lol. But I'm still buying it for the hell of it just for the over-the-top action and the alternate cover of #4 for Officer Lewis lured me in Wink

RB 25

Officer Harvey
Metro West District, Detroit Police Department, OCP

O-L1

Comment: I'm not in a Labor Union. I'm a Police Officer. I Don't Strike.

Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:56 am Reply with quote

I'd finally bought the whole run of the comic book adaptation of Frank Miller's legendary unfilmable RoboCop 2 script and I can definitely see WHY it was unfilmable lol. There was no way they could do that stuff back in '89-90 so I don't know what Miller was smoking when he wrote it.

I did find things I liked however. You get a resolution for the most part of Murphy's family. His former wife now knows the truth but by the time she finds out she has moved on. ("Alex, they told me you were dead!") You find out what happens to OCP after the RoboCop 2 incident (although significantly different in the comic) as ALL of the executive board resigned in light of a senate-sanctioned exploration of the company's workings, and thus now we know what happened to the Old Man...he bailed out Laughing

I was more satisfied with Faxx/Love's fate and character as a full-blown bitch psychopath and enjoyed the moments where she attempted to shatter Murphy's spirit once and for all, even using his own wife to do so which for me was heart-breaking to read. But she fails as one can never take Murphy's humanity away from him, and Miller at least had retained that heart that beats within the ongoing saga of a Detroit Police officer named Alex J. Murphy.

I liked the art, very detailed and I especially adored the 'scenes' where you saw things from Murphy's perspective as I always enjoyed the shots. I also liked Lewis being allowed to step out of her partner's shadow and became a badass hero herself. The Rehabs, I got a kick out of. I found them more amusing and obviously more heinous than what we see in R3.

Overall, very over-the-top in cynic tinged black humor (a reference to 300 is made by the faxx/love character even) and rampant violence but it was an enjoyable read; it's become something of a guilty pleasure for me and would recommend giving a shot for at least a read-it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

(I found that Avatar apparently did a whole series of RoboCop material, Killing Machine, Wild Child, and War Party, of which I will search in vain to find Wink )

RB 25

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:23 pm Reply with quote

Killing Machine and Wild Child are both shit out of a dog's ass. They never did War Party as far as I recall, or at least never released it - Mainly because of how bad Killing Machine and Wild Child did as stand-alones.

Anyway, that's my opinion on those bastards they call comics. Then again, I mostly think the same of this comic so there ya go. tongue

Unlike Killing Machine and Wild Child, I've yet to read the whole Frank Miller series in full, but I have read pieces here and there, and they really didn't sell me on it.

I like the extra inclusion of Lewis, but that can't overcome the continual stripper appearance of her in the comic. among other things. I never liked Ryp's art to begin with anyway. It's just too much.. actually that's it. Just too much. :roll:

Well, I guess I'm glad to hear someone else actually got something more out of it. As for the other Avatar Comics, I'd say don't waste your time. But whether you actually check 'em out or not is up to you of course.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard