New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop statue reaches funding goal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    INDEX -> Front Page - Featured Topics
Raymond
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:57 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Including the gun was never an option, but I don't see that as a big problem.

Why was a gun never an option? Isn't the statue gonna stand in DETROIT? Smile

RB 3724

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote

Raymond :
Archive :

Why was a gun never an option? Isn't the statue gonna stand in DETROIT? Smile

and detroit is in america.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote

A agree about the "cop killer" pose. would have been much better and more dramatic. In fact I'm not sure the current pose can even be considered a pose. Robo is just standing there raising his arm.

Seems a bit un-creative seeing as they have worked on this project since 2011. I wonder if they were somehow limited in what ways it could be posed...?

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote

This is a comment from anticlaus on the Archive facebook page:

anticlaus :
i've had to get in touch (fred and i had a back and forth, they were NOT supposed to release these images until we approved the final pose) because they assembled it wrong. hope we caught it in time. arms are set wrong (not high up enough), the elbow joints too low, a few other things. but those were my sculpts of the suit scanned and scaled up. -Anti

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:19 pm Reply with quote

Hmm, that said, I wonder if/how much they'll change the statue from what we presently see.. I wholeheartedly agree the pose could be better. But as said, the angle from which it's viewed it may look better when it's all done.

Still looks awesome. More than anything I love the scale; it is a massive piece which is wonderful - it should be towering and imposing. Basically an embodiment of the shadow from R1 (during the shot-in-the-crotch scene). I would say they've accomplished that.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Bauc
O-L4

O-L4

Comment: Dead or Alive you are comming with me

Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:08 am Reply with quote

I think the statue will look even better when it is finished, and I don't mind the ''small'' mistakes that are evident on the statue since this is and probably will be the one and only Robo statue ever in the world and I agree with Stan the Man that the sculptor probably wanted to look epic from below up, since for sure it will be put on a stand or something like that so this is gonnna beee hugeeee. To bad I live in Macedonia and it will be too far(money issue) for me to travel to USA just to see the statue....but its worth all of the effort.

RB 449

beer
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: RoboTrap is my friend Plus he can act intelligent and normal

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:21 pm Reply with quote

IGN News - Detroit's RoboCop Statue is Glorious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgvb-C1mk0A

Published on May 14, 2013

Back in 2011, the city of Detroit launched a Kickstarter campaign to erect a statue of its most beloved fictional characters: RoboCop.

RB 5831

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote

I think it could greatly improved with a closed fist. That open palm makes him look confused...

Mindchamber :

which is why the "hes a cop killer" pose wouldve been so perfect, not to mention way more iconic, than this. which looks like hes in mid turn or something

That pose would have been perfect. He looks like an Oscar!

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:49 am Reply with quote

artuditu :
I think it could greatly improved with a closed fist. That open palm makes him look confused...

Mindchamber :
Archive :

which is why the "hes a cop killer" pose wouldve been so perfect, not to mention way more iconic, than this. which looks like hes in mid turn or something

That pose would have been perfect. He looks like an Oscar!

not only that bout you could actually walk up to the statue and relive that scene over and over again!

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:54 am Reply with quote

I for one am stoked no matter what. Anyone else down to migrate for an impromptu RoboCON?

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:11 pm Reply with quote

Other gun-less poses that could have worked:

Another great choice aimed at kids and youth, with an inscription "STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!"

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:18 pm Reply with quote

I'd go with the middle pose.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote

The top one seems more iconic to me, much like the cop-killer stance.

Still, like Deus, I too am psyched to see this coming to life. Very Happy

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote

Oddly enough there is a photoshop contest featuring our favorite statue over on Kotaku.com, you can find it HERE , there are some pretty funny ones already.

RB 5860

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard