New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

What DIDN'T you like about Robocop 1?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Lexington
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:35 pm Reply with quote

I don't exactly enjoy Murphy's death scene... but it's kinda the point of the whole film. A death and resurrection. The more horrible the death, the more powerful the resurrection as Robo, but who is more than a robot and more than a guy by the end. I think Verhoeven does like his ott violence though. Wink

It's a revenge movie as well... you can't have one of those without something pretty nasty happening to the character seeking vengeance, so that the audience is on their side. . .

RB 616

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quote

Like Verhoeven said, he wanted to show Satan killing Jesus.

It works in a way that you see a good man destroyed and a greedy corporation take advantage of that and use him, not as a human, but as an objector a means to an end.

Seeing Murphy get tortured, and even tortured some more as Robo (missing family etc) really adds to the character. Robo is more than just a machine remember.

RB 17918

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote

rcoltrane :
I would prefer a less violent sequence instead. Nasty! And please, don't call me 'a little girl' :P

I think that was the worst first and/or second post ever.

YOU MAKE ME SICK MRS. NANCY REAGAN!

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:46 pm Reply with quote

Deus, you're a fucking artist.

Excellent use of pink in your work.

RB 17918

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:17 am Reply with quote

I just did something I only do extremely rarely...gave out a negative PT. rcoletrane, no one deserves this more than you. Your opinion is wrong!

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:45 am Reply with quote

Why thank you Josh. Posting is like fine wine. Sometimes it's harvested, fermented, and slaved over by the withered yet strong hands of an experienced Italian grandmother. Often than not, it's churned out in assembly fashion like snausages, strained through a coffee filter, and mixed with raw unfiltered grain alcohol. And other times? The Strawberry Zinfandel Juice Box, bleeds pink.

And even with this well recieved arrival to the forum and the freshly baked -PT, there is still a small chance of returning from shame. Hell, I remember knocking down Demise with a few neg's for proclaiming his R3 love back in the day. There is still hope.

Widdle Girl Hope.

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
rcoltrane
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:55 am Reply with quote

HUahahahaha... c'mon people. Now I'm LMAO here Laughing

I didn't want to create a polemic around here, but I guess I did. I really enjoyed the 1st movie and I still like it, don't get me wrong. BUt you guys are so hardcore fans that I felt my opinion would cause some trouble in this forum when I was still typing it. Remember it's just an opinion and nothing personal :roll:

BTW, I stick to R2 as my personal favorite movie of the trilogy!

RB 37

flower
Lexington
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:00 am Reply with quote

rcoltrane :
HUahahahaha... c'mon people. Now I'm LMAO here Laughing

I didn't want to create a polemic around here, but I guess I did. I really enjoyed the 1st movie and I still like it, don't get me wrong. BUt you guys are so hardcore fans that I felt my opinion would cause some trouble in this forum when I was still typing it. Remember it's just an opinion and nothing personal :roll:

BTW, I stick to R2 as my personal favorite movie of the trilogy!

You got guts. Wink

Also, I can't help imagining your expression right now is

RB 616

rcoltrane
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote

I guess it's more like this:

RB 37

flower
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote

Coltrane, don't worry about it.

The negative Public Trusts are a bit far though, I'd understand if it was RoboCop 3...

RB 17918

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:02 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
Coltrane, don't worry about it.

The negative Public Trusts are a bit far though, I'd understand if it was RoboCop 3...

Like Deus said she can still redeem himself...if I see Coltrane make a great or interesting post elsewhere then I'll give him the positive PT to neutralize it...but what would the point of having negative PT's be if not to use them on people you disagree with?

I have nothing against the girl rcoltrane but I'm basically telling her to step it up a notch, and that maybe it's not best to start telling us what you didn't like about our favorite film before making a few more positive posts first.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
rcoltrane
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote

Ouch! You hurt my fellings now... Laughing

I don't get your point, really. If I want to enter this forum and share an opinion, who are you to argue with that? Afterall, the title of this topic is pretty clear: "What DIDN'T YOU like about Robocop 1?". With that in mind, I told what i think about it. If I hurt your feelings, I'm so sorry. But then, it seems I'm not the 'little girl' around here... Wink

My positive contributions in this forum will be about Robocop 2, that IS my favorite movie of this great character.

RB 37

flower
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:32 pm Reply with quote

But I always though negative Public Trusts were purely there to dick on people.

At the risk of going off topic I'll say this. The gloves on the suit. While this isn't aimed at just the first film it bugs me the way they come away from the arm and thus breaks the immersion. Considering the suit is a work of art and holds together well I'm surprised this little oversight was in there.

RB 17918

Thats It Buster!
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:08 pm Reply with quote

No ban hammer then? Wink

Intense scene!!

RB 132

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard