New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop 1 locations: then and now (25 year retrospective)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Dash
CH-L3

CH-L3

Comment: Whuddup, RIBS?!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:08 am Reply with quote

fifth_beatle :
Yes. It's a donut/coffee shop still. They've took down the iron awnings that are visible when Lewis exits the building, though.

We shot some more footage yesterday, but the wind made mince meat out of most of the audio, so we will have to go back and do some lavalier miking next time.

But, we HAD to stop and film this part, because it seemed like so much fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_3R_EVk5mA

Smile

This was great! Laughing

RB 1863

Halo3-Helmet batman-Batmobile
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote

That was very cool.

Public Trust for you...

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:03 pm Reply with quote

Fuck me Linda!!! that was amazing!!

Can i follow you guys next time your out, i live in arlington and have been wanting to take the Robo tour?

I drove past city hall when i first moved here and thats about it.

P.S. im not a rapist.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:08 am Reply with quote

robohell :

P.S. im not a rapist.

In general anytime somebody says P.S I'm not a rapist... It definitely means they are. You filthy filthy rapist hell. mr green

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Dash
CH-L3

CH-L3

Comment: Whuddup, RIBS?!

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:55 am Reply with quote

RoboDemise :
In general anytime somebody says P.S I'm not a rapist... It definitely means they are. You filthy filthy rapist hell. :.:

Kind of like when someone says "with all due respect", it really means, "kiss my ass". mr green

RB 1863

Halo3-Helmet batman-Batmobile
fifth_beatle
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:13 am Reply with quote

LOLZ! If you want to follow us, that's fine. Somehow I feel like that part in Forest Gump, though, where they follow him back and forth across the U.S. ;-) We haven't done anything special...but I guess we have done our homework.

I jokingly told Monica that we should do walking tours for Robocop, and then we looked at each other, laughed, and said "Naaahhhh..."

Now, if we combined Robocop and JFK...NOW we're getting somewhere!

Robohell, I'll let you know the next time we go. In the meantime, though, I will send you a list of addresses. Most of them are all close together.

Speaking of addresses - does anyone know where the 548 Primrose Lane house was located?? This is one of the places that has stumped us big time. When he pulls his Taurus up to the house, the number actually says 3128 Primrose on the side. And I searched in the area (online of course) for a house matching that description and found bubkis.

RB 195

RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:26 am Reply with quote

fifth_beatle :
LOLZ! If you want to follow us, that's fine. Somehow I feel like that part in Forest Gump, though, where they follow him back and forth across the U.S. Wink We haven't done anything special...but I guess we have done our homework.

Robohell, I'll let you know the next time we go. In the meantime, though, I will send you a list of addresses. Most of them are all close together.

Speaking of addresses - does anyone know where the 548 Primrose Lane house was located?? This is one of the places that has stumped us big time. When he pulls his Taurus up to the house, the number actually says 3128 Primrose on the side. And I searched in the area (online of course) for a house matching that description and found bubkis.

Sounds great man, and thanks for the addresses.

Can't help you on that 3128 address, wish i could. It would be so sweet to see that house.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:08 pm Reply with quote

I may be way off here but there's a 3128 Primrose lane in Natrona, PA. And most of you know that the scenes at the steel mill were filmed in Monessen, PA. I looked up the Natrona address on google earth and zooming in it looks to be a subdivision type area like in the movie. It's hard to tell much about the houses from a top-view perspective though. And the two towns don't seem to be that far from each other. Just a guess.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
fifth_beatle
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm Reply with quote

Hmm...it's possible. But from what I looked up, that house in PA was built in 1940. I don't think the architecture inside would look futuristic enough- but they could have spent the money to do so, I guess.

Also, from what I can tell in the movie, the neighborhood seems to have a bit more houses than the one in PA.

I noticed Bing.com gives a little clearer overhead view.

Thanks!

RB 195

CoboRop
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: No comment..

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quote

Brilliant, really enjoyed your photo album, thanks for sharing.

Just this morning I was on Google earth trying to find a street view location which would allow me to look at the Steel Mill, I wasnt abe to find one.

"Speaking of addresses - does anyone know where the 548 Primrose Lane house was located?? This is one of the places that has stumped us big time. When he pulls his Taurus up to the house, the number actually says 3128 Primrose on the side. And I searched in the area (online of course) for a house matching that description and found bubkis." I know this, off to check, will post awnser.

RB 16

Primrose Lane
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: Can you do that, dad?

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:13 pm Reply with quote

CoboRop :
Brilliant, really enjoyed your photo album, thanks for sharing.

Just this morning I was on Google earth trying to find a street view location which would allow me to look at the Steel Mill, I wasnt abe to find one.

"Speaking of addresses - does anyone know where the 548 Primrose Lane house was located?? This is one of the places that has stumped us big time. When he pulls his Taurus up to the house, the number actually says 3128 Primrose on the side. And I searched in the area (online of course) for a house matching that description and found bubkis." I know this, off to check, will post awnser.

The mill was apparently torn down a long time ago, but you can find some great pics of it online, just search for 'Monessen Steel Mill' in Google and Google Images for some sweet photographs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_beveridge/298478048/

RB 825

game-xbox baby-food emil-figure
CoboRop
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:50 pm Reply with quote

CoboRop :

Dang, sorry, turns out the awnser I was think of was for Bob Mortons house ,6511 Clubhouse Cricle, Dallas, Texas.

Primrose Avenue :

The mill was apparently torn down a long time ago, but you can find some great pics of it online, just search for 'Monessen Steel Mill' in Google and Google Images for some sweet photographs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_beveridge/298478048/

So far as Im aware, this is the mill (or atleast what is left of it);

http://img705.imageshack.us/i/themill.jpg/

I was looking for the location of the final battle scene, but I cant see it..

RB 16

Primrose Lane
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: Can you do that, dad?

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:34 pm Reply with quote

I read in an article that most of the interiors used in Robocop were real also, rather than sets. The OCP board room was a top floor empty office in a real Dallas skyscraper (Renaissance Tower), and is now used as a library.

Similarly, the locker rooms seen in the beginning of the film were the actual locker rooms of the Dallas High School building (used for the Police Station). They are underground in the basement.

There's some great information in this article, was it written by an Archive member?

http://manabouttinseltown.blogspot.com/2009/08/wandering-streets-of-old-detroit.html

Does anyone know if the interiors of the Murphy and Morton houses were real?

Also, was a replica set made for Morton's house when it explodes? I can't imagine they were able to do that stunt in a real street with somebody's house.

RB 825

game-xbox baby-food emil-figure
CoboRop
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:55 am Reply with quote

Primrose Avenue :
I read in an article that most of the interiors Does anyone know if the interiors of the Murphy and Morton houses were real?

Like I said above, Bob Mortons house was 6511 Clubhouse Circle in Dallas (or aleast according to this; http://img857.imageshack.us/i/58481064.jpg/)

Can anybody confirm the Google earth image I posted above is the correct location for the steel mill? I am trying to locate the position of the final battle (the watery pit, crane, etc)?

RB 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard