New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop 1 locations: then and now (25 year retrospective)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:25 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Yeah, abandoned spaces are disappearing all over the place. And you know they just don't abandon them like they used to.. Sad

This is so depressing and true. Urban exploration was one of my all time favorite past times. From 2004 through 2009 I went to so many places all over PA, MD, NY, NJ, and DE. Damn well over 75% of them are now gone. Either destroyed or now under total and strict surveillance. It really sucks, cause most of it is because of stupid kids & adults who go there to drink, do drugs, or vandalize things, and for people like me that's just stupid and moronic. rage

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
CoboRop
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: No comment..

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:11 pm Reply with quote

Officer Igor Antunes :
I FOUND! I FOUND!!

I was wrong. The RoboCop Steel Mill is in fact the Pittsburgh Steel Company, in Monessen, Pennsylvania. I've made a really fast comparison from a image found on Take a Hike Publishing (now i want a picture framed of it):

This mill were in my imagination since the 1st time i watched RoboCop, i ever wanted to go there, im sorry its gone now.

Quote:
The Wheeling-Pittsburgh mill was razed in 1989.
http://manabouttinseltown.blogspot.com/2009/08/wandering-streets-of-old-detroit.html

Brilliant work, that one has been bugging me for a while. Cheers!

RB 16

Ponteral
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me.

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:59 am Reply with quote

Thank's for sharing this fotos. It's nice to see places where was movie shooted. 25 years it's a very very long time Smile

RB 819

auto9 dvd-20th
jclayman99
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:19 am Reply with quote

thats fun.

RB 1392

Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:01 pm Reply with quote

WeKilledYou :
Is that steel factory still there now? Monessen is only about a 3 hour drive from here. I wouldn't mind driving out to see that if I planned on visiting Pittsburgh again at some point this Summer. Great comparison shots by the way.

Actually, WKY, it is still there. I'm about 45 minutes from it myself. Tried to get in to see it, but it is, in fact, a functioning mill. So, I wasn't allowed in. Though the security guard told me that I could get pictures of the whole site from down the road. I did take alot of pictures.

I Invite you out here WKY, we can go there and try to get some great shots. Who knows, maybe we can talk them into a quicky tour. PM if you ever come out my way.

Wouldn't be my first time visiting that place.

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:51 pm Reply with quote

If you have google earth the address is 6511 Clubhouse Circle in Dallas. There's also a streetview. All you can tell is that it looks different than all the other houses.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
fifth_beatle
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:01 am Reply with quote

Small update:

Went to the Dallas Comicon today, and Angie Bolling (who played Robocop's wife in the movie) was a guest. I went up and talked to her about the flashback sequences, and where they were shot. She remembered the general area, which was a great start, but she also knew someone that has the address, for sure. So, I left her my email, and she said as soon as she finds out, she will send me a message.

Looking forward to hearing from her on that front. If I don't hear from her in a month or so, I will go looking in the are that she mentioned (which was only about 4 city blocks, so I may be able to narrow it down.)

Oh, and she remembered that it was also one of the cutting edge "smart homes" that they were trying to push in the late 80's (similar to the Bob Morton house.)

RB 195

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:11 am Reply with quote

Good stuff Beatle, that's some fine detective work you've done right there.

As I've said before, It's always good to learn new stuff. I feel a lot of stuff get's overlooked because we only think of the main parts-Robo, his gun, the suit etc. But to think of the set behind the flashback scenes is cool and I hope you hear from her.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:28 pm Reply with quote

fifth_beatle :
Small update:

Went to the Dallas Comicon today, and Angie Bolling (who played Robocop's wife in the movie) was a guest. I went up and talked to her about the flashback sequences, and where they were shot. She remembered the general area, which was a great start, but she also knew someone that has the address, for sure. So, I left her my email, and she said as soon as she finds out, she will send me a message.

Looking forward to hearing from her on that front. If I don't hear from her in a month or so, I will go looking in the are that she mentioned (which was only about 4 city blocks, so I may be able to narrow it down.)

Oh, and she remembered that it was also one of the cutting edge "smart homes" that they were trying to push in the late 80's (similar to the Bob Morton house.)

6511 Clubhouse Circle

RB 1391

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:12 pm Reply with quote

What was the address again?

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote

POCOBOR :
fifth_beatle :
Small update:

6511 Clubhouse Circle

Correction. The address I gave is for Bob Morton's house. Not Murphy's.

RB 1391

fifth_beatle
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:44 am Reply with quote

Yes, and I have the Clubhouse Circle owner in my friend's list on Facebook. He was totally cool with us setting up a time to view the house in the future, I'm just waiting to get my crew together to do it. If I hear back from Angie, I will try to get both houses in the video this spring/summer.

RB 195

sriramr9
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote

Could any one of you here help me figure out the building that appears in the movie Robocop where airlifted Police Officer Murphy s body would be transferred from the chopper to the emergency ward, it happens in the terrace of a building, its still looks futuristic, the unique lighting design in the ceiling of the hallway where the stretcher is pulled along to the operation theater.

Could the hallway be from the same building ?

Also help me figure out the buildings that are shown up in the background in the chopper scene, a building lit up entirely with fluorescent lighting.. will post pic if needed..

RB 38

sriramr9
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:05 am Reply with quote

sriramr9 :
Could any one of you here help me figure out the building that appears in the movie Robocop where airlifted Police Officer Murphy s body would be transferred from the chopper to the emergency ward, it happens in the terrace of a building, its still looks futuristic, the unique lighting design in the ceiling of the hallway where the stretcher is pulled along to the operation theater.

Could the hallway be from the same building ?

Also help me figure out the buildings that are shown up in the background in the chopper scene, a building lit up entirely with fluorescent lighting.. will post pic if needed..

Trying to load screen captures for the above questions... pl respond..

[img]https://picasaweb.google.com/117696022874075115394/Robo_Loc#5750057757055201202[/img]
[img]https://picasaweb.google.com/117696022874075115394/Robo_Loc#5750057751078516306[/img]
[img]https://picasaweb.google.com/117696022874075115394/Robo_Loc#5750057783350180322[/img]

RB 38

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard