New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

ROBOCOP by Titus - for PS2/xbox/pc
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DarthVader1
L-L1

L-L1

Comment: I find your lack of faith disturbing!

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quote

I've heard HORRORS of stories about this game before, and I've watched the review video in an old topic here; but as a fan I need to find it.... even though it's obsolete with the presence of PS3 and XBOX 360. I'm looking at the PS2, US NTSC version of the game, and I know... it's DIFFICULT to find and VERY RARE.

Who of you have this game, no matter the format or platform... just to have an idea. But mostly, I'm looking for it on the platform specified above.

RB 2772

starwars-darthvader SW-Imperial game-xbox robo-rights
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 am Reply with quote

I too would like to know a bit more about this game. I have never played it or known anyone that has played or owned it. With the exception of Superman 64, I have never played any games made by Titus. At the Wal Mart I work at, we have one copy, and It's the only original Xbox game we carry. Now, I would totally buy it just to own it and play it just for the heck of it. But for some reason, since It came out, the price has never gone down from fifty dollars.But I know you can get it really cheap, new or used on Amazon.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote

This"game" is terrible.

Everything about it just blows harder than a hooker looking for a fix.

Don't even buy it out of curiosity, because whoever sells it to you, being a shop worker or someone from an auction site will be laughing at you.

Even as a fan you think you need it, trust me, you don't. Just download it from somewhere, play the first level, encounter the giant rat (I ain't kidding), laugh at the voice acting (Robo even goes "Oh yeah!"), turn it off and be thankful you have saved a couple of bucks.

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
WeKilledYou

L-L4

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:34 pm Reply with quote

You have succeeded in peaking my curiosity even more. I now really want to see this giant rat.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:10 pm Reply with quote

I did complete it on PC so it is playable, but the whole thing is a mess with terrible enemy intelligence, (bad guys stand and fire at walls) buggy programming and really dated graphics and fx. (which looked bad even at the day of release)

To play the game all the way to the end was work though, and not fun. And that is basically the worst thing about the game, it isn't fun. And as a RoboCop game most of the time it does not feel or play like a RoboCop game at all. Most of the things like the POV, heatvision, gun spin etc are useless gimmicks in a game that probably wasn't a RoboCop game to begin with.

Overall, a poorly made game that is boring to play.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:30 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
To play the game all the way to the end was work though, and not fun.

Was it work as in "a chore" because it was not fun, or was it "hard work" because the game's gets hard (which if it does, I assume is in all the wrong ways)?

RB 454

Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:48 pm Reply with quote

Duke Serkol :
Was it work as in "a chore" because it was not fun, or was it "hard work" because the game's gets hard (which if it does, I assume is in all the wrong ways)?

Work as in no fun and boring. Smile
Granted i think i played it on an easy setting so i cant tell if it is challenging gameplay wise, but there's a lot of times where you just walk around to find keycards, get lost in the crappy level design and stuff like that.

Granted, i found the battle with ED-209 pretty exciting mainly because it is the first time we ever got to battle Eddy in 3D. But like every other battle in the game it is pretty primitive and non funny. ED-209 also had the tendency to get stuck in walls or find various furniture in the room to be the enemy rather than me. Smile

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:50 pm Reply with quote

wekilledyou if you played that superman game then you have an idea of how horrible the Robo game is. Do not pay 50 dollars for it. You can get it online somewhere or at a game store used for like 5 bucks. Just be ready for one of the worst franchise molesting games ever made.

RB 10024

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
WeKilledYou

L-L4

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:31 pm Reply with quote

RoboDemise :
wekilledyou if you played that superman game then you have an idea of how horrible the Robo game is. Do not pay 50 dollars for it. You can get it online somewhere or at a game store used for like 5 bucks. Just be ready for one of the worst franchise molesting games ever made.

Oh trust me, I know how horrendous Superman was. I expect Robocop to be no different. I would never pay over 5 dollars for it, and even then I would still look for it to be less. I was just pointing out that it is now 2011, that game came out in 2003. Wal Mart doesn't even sell original Xbox games anymore, and you can get used PS3 & 360 games for under $15. Yet Robocop for Xbox is stilled priced at fifty bucks. I'm just amazed by that.

RB 1163

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:52 pm Reply with quote

I've tried my best too play this P.O.S. game..It is possibly one of the worst games ever produced no question there at all.And part of that has too do with the potentially never intended to be a Robocop game to begin with.Robo quips ala "DukeNukem" often and never really feels like the developers ever even gave a shit about the character there game was supposedly based on.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
WeKilledYou

L-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:12 am Reply with quote

I've read that you are to stop and/or solve crimes. What exactly does that entail you to do in the game?

Edit: DV1, I'm giving you my 2nd copy of the game that I bought from the archive store.

RB 1163

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:49 pm Reply with quote

Lol, I never even got to see the greatness of ED.

I downloaded a demo once, and.. couldn't get it to work. I dl'd the demo again a few years back, played it, and uninstalled every piece of it from my system. After that, my computer's performance took a big nosedive and I couldn't play anything newer than Age of Empires with more than a 20FPS rate. So I'd have to say that that 'RoboCop' 'game' nearly destroyed my computer (of course it could also have been the five years worth of dust caked on my boards, broken video card fan and the lack of HD space, but I doubt it tongue)

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
WeKilledYou

L-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:06 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
'd have to say that that 'RoboCop' 'game' nearly destroyed my computer (of course it could also have been the five years worth of dust caked on my boards, broken video card fan and the lack of HD space, but I doubt it tongue)

A similar situation happened with my brother and the awful awful game that is Iron Man 2 for the Playstation 3. After playing that game for over 4+ hours, his whole system crashed and died.

BTW, congrats on your new poster rank.

RB 1163

Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:57 pm Reply with quote

WeKilledYou :
I've read that you are to stop and/or solve crimes. What exactly does that entail you to do in the game?

At one or two places some bad guy are holding someone hostage and you can walk there to "solve the crime" but thats how deep that goes.

They also have some options to look at suspect and case files or something like that in between levels, but non of it is needed to complete the game. Now and then enemies surrender and you can arrest them by clicking a button and they disappear but otherwise it is just going around shooting stupid enemies and looking for keycards.

You switch the auto-9 for better weapons a few levels in and after that you really have to struggle to get any robo feel with the game.

RB 348711

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard