RegisterRegister  PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

We Can Fix It - RoboCop3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Officer Igor Antunes
Detroit Police | Omnicorp

Sgt-L2

Comment: We've got the future under control.

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:26 pm Reply with quote

Guys, this is a good reading:

WE CAN FIX IT: 'Robocop 3'

With a new remake on the way we take one last look at the movie that killed the franchise the first time. Don't worry... We can fix it.

Link: http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles/172077-we-can-fix-it-robocop-3

RB 1717

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L2

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:07 pm Reply with quote

Can't get that site!..ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!.So whats the deal?..They using 3 as basis for the reboot?..That would be fantastic!.

RB 97

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:37 pm Reply with quote

Nice find there Igor, it made for an interesting read.

I'm not going to lie, but I havn't seen RoboCop 3 in years. When I got the Blu-Ray I put it on, watched Robo drive to the top of a parking lot, smash the wall/rail, and shoot up his own cruiser. I can never watch it after that part.

But reading the article made me realise how much of a back seat Robo took and how it effectively made Nikko the main character. We all know the lack of emotion and goofy set pieces made the film a long toy commercial so this makes no sense. If you're going to try and flog toys, the big shiny robot needs to be up there doing some cool shit.

The one thing I do disagree with the article is the reveal of Robo. I've always liked the intro of the the first film as it strays away from your typical "hook the viewer with an action scene". I liked Robo 2's intro also but that was because it did the thing the first film didn't; it hooked us with that action scene.

Anyway, back to the reveal. I like the way you only see his visor, it adds an element of "cool" about Robo. Sadly, Robo smashing his console was probably the most emotional part of the movie but I think that was handled wrong. I think it would have been more effective to have Robo just turn it off, remaining calm and composed and choosing to make that judgement call and assist his fellow officers.

But hey, smashing stuff is cool and cool stuff makes for good toys...

RB 10958

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
KidGoesWild
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:14 am Reply with quote

This was an absolutely great read. Handshake for the author, I wish he could read my text commentary on the movie. One flaw tho is that the author thinks that Robo overcame his programming at the end of R1 which is clearly not the case

vegasrobo :
Can't get that site!..ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!.So whats the deal?..They using 3 as basis for the reboot?..That would be fantastic!.

No, theyre showing areas where R3 failed and how bad of a movie it was, something I had a pleasure doing myself in the past

RB 2359

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Comment: JOINED as RoboSean: December 2001

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote

I actually read this review last night at the bar from my gf's iphone.

But, looks like Igor beat me to it.

The author raised alot of good points, and mostly all the stuff we already know.

"It's cool. I'm taking it back."

RB 115

OCP-stock doctor-who-dalek doctor-who-tardis doctor-who-cybermen
Officer Igor Antunes
Detroit Police | Omnicorp

Sgt-L2

Comment: We've got the future under control.

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:33 pm Reply with quote

Sean_001 :
But, looks like Igor beat me to it.

Next time i'll check if you read before posting! Laughing

Josh, i got the same thiking about the Robo revealing. I really like how they done in the first movie, showing the shining armor step by step. That's why the revealing in the second movie were so fantastic and glorious, you just already know what to expect, but when it happens, and Robo emerges from the fireball in all of its glory, its like "WOW, NOW HE'LL KICK SOME BUTTS", and he does it. Very satisfying.

When i saw Robo3 for the first time on the "Global Opening", i was 13. Man i loved the first act when he jump off the wall, emerging again and saving Lewis. Another part that i loved was the MacDagget pursuit, when Robo shoots from the windshild. The Auto-9 firing sound, mixed with Basil soundtrack just kicked ass. But...

...Today, 14 years after, i can't just see this movie. Its just not fare with the character, and his universe. A real mess, made by the same kind of captalists portraited in the movie.

RB 1717

ElectricSoul
O-L5*

O-L5*

Comment: Listen to me,you FUCK!!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:06 am Reply with quote

they killed it when they decided to give him a kid sidekick / kid to take care of....that was it. after that,there was no recovery. he was going to stop being the man trapped in the machine,searching for his humanity,and kicking ass in the process....he became a role model and walking toy....

RB 25

darkman-figure ultra6 ultra4 marvel-venom Batman89 remake1 rocketeer-figure
Proto
RoboHell didn't get me pregnant

L-L2

Comment: I love Robo3!!!

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:06 am Reply with quote

I believe that killing is wrong. When was he?

RB 516

tech1 tech2 rose baby1 mac11 dvd-robocop3
ElectricSoul
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:07 am Reply with quote

Proto :

what do you mean?

RB 25

RoboPimp
Smoothest Balls on the Board!

DC-L2

Comment: You are in direct violation of penal code 1-13 section 9. You now have 15 seconds to cum pie.

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:16 am Reply with quote

ElectricSoul :
Proto :

what do you mean?

Sometime later Proto.

http://bkjames.bandcamp.com/

RB 108

marvel-venom lewis-figure robocop-figure1 marvel-carnage Ed-260 dick-jones robopimp-helmet prototype-figure1
Proto
RoboHell didn't get me pregnant

L-L2

Comment: I love Robo3!!!

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:16 am Reply with quote

Please tell me the correct answer. Sometime in the 20th Century.

RB 516

tech1 tech2 rose baby1 mac11 dvd-robocop3
RoboPimp
Smoothest Balls on the Board!

DC-L2

Comment: You are in direct violation of penal code 1-13 section 9. You now have 15 seconds to cum pie.

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:25 am Reply with quote

Proto :
Please tell me the correct answer. Sometime in the 20th Century.

http://bkjames.bandcamp.com/

RB 108

marvel-venom lewis-figure robocop-figure1 marvel-carnage Ed-260 dick-jones robopimp-helmet prototype-figure1
Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:37 pm Reply with quote

Actually I've been meaning to ask you guys... how does everyone feel about the directives being back in Robocop 3?

Personally I never had a problem with them, but upon seeing the movie being discussed on-line, I noticed that this is often a very delicate issue to lots of people.

Me, I always thought it made perfect sense for OCP to find out Robocop got rid of his directives and put them right back.
They wouldn't want him to go around with free will, he's their product and they want it to stay that way.
And sure, Robocop could electrocute himself again, but I doubt this would stop OCP from trying again (perhaps giving him a "don't electrocute your damn self" directive) and Robo ought to realize this.

Some people object solely to the fourth directive being present, claiming that because Dick Jones is gone, that directive should be gone as well. But why wouldn't OCP adopt such a convenient (for them) insurance in case Robo ever finds them guilty of some crime (OCP involved in some crime? Shock!)

So that's why I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter, to clear up whether my reasoning here makes sense or I'm not making sense.

RB 454

ElectricSoul
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:28 pm Reply with quote

makes sense to me! i always figured that at some point after he wiped the directives ( and probaly after the end of Robo 2 so Fax couldn't fuck with him again) ,he probably got an annual checkup or diagnostics test or something,the OCP tech's discovered this ,and just downloaded a new program set of them back into him...

he's OCP property...they can go in there and just sdo stuff to him if they want to,whether anyone agrees with it or not, Murphy included...

i could actually see him resisiting,or not wanting it to be done,but getting damaged enough that the tech's HAVE to work on him,and then they slip it in there...

RB 25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard